Eskaton Monroe Lodge - Sacramento, CA

Eskaton

My mother was staying at Eskaton before moving to another community. I would not recommend Eskaton to anyone. One of the physical therapists there wrote in the notes that my mother could walk over 100 feet, but the fact is that she could not walk over 10. Because of this mistake in the notes, my mother was denied Medicare benefits for a wheelchair, and we had to pay out of pocket for a wheelchair to use in her new community. Eskaton also chose to discharge my mother because she was not making progress. It was devastating to us that this happened, and I would not even think about putting a loved one here again.

NO FLUFF NOTHING HIDDEN

This community is really living up to the expectations we had for them. What they told us they offered is exactly that no more and no less. This community was integrity and is truthful. My friend is doing very well here we are extremely pleased. He is enjoying the food very much. He has been out a couple of times doing some of the excursions he enjoys having people around him all the time. He has maid service that comes in once a week and cleans. I have not an unfavorable thing to say about this community.

Helpful and friendly

The best thing about Eskaton Monroe Lodge is the friendliness of the people that work there. My dad talks about this all the time and we experience their warmth when we go and visit him. The dining rooms are beautifully decorated and the wait staff is extremely friendly. Rooms are quiet and being in a tall building gives you a feeling of connectedness to the out side world as you look out the many windows.

A Nice Community

It is wonderful here and I like how nice it is. The meals are good and tasty. The community is not dirt, always kept clean. I went to the casino once for an outing. This is a good place but not for me.

My uncle lived at this community for many years and it was a perfect fit for him!
They catered to his lifestyle and he was able to remain independent but we knew that there was someone he could call on 24-7.
We would 100% recommend this community to anyone we knew looking for an active retirement community that was clean, safe and best of all, caring!

Without a doubt I give Eskaton Monroe...

Without a doubt I give Eskaton Monroe Lodge a 10 across the board. The staff is amazing! They are very helpful and accommodating. They accommodated us by making us feel really comfortable putting my dad in their facility. They offer tons of activities, and the food is good. I just can't say enough good things about Eskaton Monroe Lodge.

Review of Eskaton Monroe Lodge Independent Living in Sacramento, CA

Older building very sturdy cinder block. Nice large units no 2 bedrooms. Price includes one meal a day, cost more for more meals, but has big kitchen area. Too far from Elk Grove. No assisted living areas, no nurses on staff

Eskaton

Thank you for the review. Eskaton Monroe Lodge is a premier independent living community in the historic Land Park neighborhood of Sacramento. If you are looking for assisted living or skilled nursing visit www.eskaton.org. We use feedback to help us improve quality of life for our residents. To share additional comments, please feel free to call Tristin Benjamin at [removed].

Great experience

My father-in-law lived at Eskaton Monroe Lodge for a little over a year. The staff there were amazing. They could not have been more helpful getting him moved in and moved out and on an everyday basis throughout the year. We had started his move during a health crisis and immediately realized that he’d need more services than were provided in an independent living facility. The staff helped us bring in additional care and helped us maintain it and keep tabs. During the year they put a huge amount of work into helping him meet the requirements of his long term care policy, minimize his cable bill and adjust to life without a car. They were always available to us by phone, email or to meet in person. The facility is very pleasant, clean and well-maintained – they always go all out decorating for holidays. My FIL had one meal a day included with his rent. He always chose dinner and when we would visit we were always happy with the food. Meals are served restaurant-style at tables of four. My FIL is pretty shy so it worked out well that the dining room staff regularly sat him with three super sweet women. When he wasn’t well enough to go downstairs he could have his meals brought to his apartment for a small fee. There is a wide variety of activities for residents to choose from on a daily basis (field trips, exercise class, “Koffee Klatch”, bingo, musical performances, etc.). There are also storage spaces, a driver available on certain days to run errands, very friendly front desk help and an onsite hair salon. I don’t know what we would have done last year without the support of the Eskaton Monroe Lodge staff.

Eskaton

Jamie, Thank you for sharing your experience. Eskaton is committed to delivering life-enriching programs to older adults. Your story will help others when deciding what services they need for their loved ones.

This is a WONDERFUL place, ...

This is a WONDERFUL place, for the money, it is FANTASTIC !! This is the one we hope to get into. The cheapest apartment was only 1950. and they offer more for that price than any body else. Scott is a doll, the staff was great, the residents were very happy too. Felt like home.

Eskaton

Thank you for your kind words! We are happy you have chosen Eskaton Monroe Lodge to call home.

Near my son. loved the facilty

Near my son. loved the facilty

We Love It!

This is where my grandmother is now. We love it! It's a great facility, it's sparkling clean, and the staff is wonderful. The food is great and the activities are great, especially the exercise classes. It's just been really great for my grandmother. I give them thumbs up all the way around. There is really no down side. We actually think it's significantly better than we thought a facility like this would be. So we're all thumbs up! We love it!

Like A Carnival Cruise on Land!

What I like about it when you go there, the people that live there are smiling so you know they're happy and cared for. They have resident meetings for them to decide what they like and don't like and then the place makes it happen and I think that's fantastic. The residents run the library and the activities. Any ideas they have the place works with them. My father thinks it's tremendous - like a carinval cruise on land!

It's not a feeling like it's the end. It's retirement community so it doesn't feel like a hospital. They have a golf course and spa. It's very nice for activities. It has cement block walls in between each apartment so the noise factor of someone who is hard of hearing and trying to watch tv or something is accommodated for. The balconies are huge so you can actually enjoy them.

This place has been wonderful to my p...

This place has been wonderful to my parents. EVERYONE including the director have been extremely helpful & friendly. All the employees treat the residents there as family. This was a extremely difficult move & they made it as comfortable as it can be. The residents there are very friendly as well and many have been there for many years. The rooms are large & the deluxe one bedroom is the largest living area we found. I visit frequently & have gotten to know the staff as well as residents. They have many activities & very nice grounds. I really can't say enough about Eskaton Monroe Lodge, they have been a Godsend.

Loved this place. Only stu...

Loved this place. Only studios available. One bedroom is the ideal, but waiting list of at least a year.

on 3 acres, but large apartment like ...

on 3 acres, but large apartment like building. right off a busy street.

Loved the environment. everyone activ...

Loved the environment. everyone active. small one bedroom OK. kitchen great. large apartment fantastic but over budget and kitchen not good. only one meal. location just OK. facility is excellent. has cement walls between apartments.

Surrounded by three
acres of beautiful trees and just minutes from downtown Sacramento, Eskaton
Monroe Lodge offers a country-like retreat with all the city advantages. This popular Sacramento senior living facility offers plenty of amenities for every resident, including independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term stays, rehabilitation and skilled nursing, and affordable housing. Public
transportation is just steps away, and shops, restaurants, churches, doctors'
offices and cultural opportunities are all within easy reach. Eskaton Monroe
Lodge is the active senior's answer to living the fullest and most independent
life possible, among good friends and a support staff who really cares.