Carlton Plaza of Sacramento - Sacramento, CA

Carlton Senior Living Sacramento is two communities on one campus offering a continuum of award-winning senior care with senior apartments, assisted living for those who need a little extra help with daily activities, enhanced assisted living for those with more complex care needs, and memory care for those challenged by dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Carlton Senior Living Sacramento is a vibrant, activity-filled, and service-oriented senior community with lots of opportunities to share laughs, fun, and life with new friends. The architecture is stylish and contemporary, with a warm, inviting, and homey atmosphere. At the center of this beautiful Sacramento assisted living community is a large, blooming courtyard and garden with seating areas and umbrella-covered tables for outdoor socializing.

A nice place

I toured this community for my mom. I was able to speak with the staff who were more then friendly. The community was very clean and taken care of. They do offer activities, but I am not sure what is offered. Families might want to tour this community

Review of Carlton Plaza Of Sacramento - Sacramento, Ca

Without a doubt - the most dangerous community in Calif. In less than a month, my mother - who had NEVER had a transfer injury - received: MAJOR upper arm bruising (4 finger + palm print), 3 silver dollar or larger skin tears on her shins, a major cut on her upper arm - blamed on a bracelet that could not go that high. Although staff was friendly - they clearly should not be working with medically fragile residents.

Room For Improvement

I think that they could improve on keeping the residents clothing articles more separate. Also they could improve a little bit on bathing the residents better in the dementia ward. I think in the memory care unit they could install those step-in bath tubs, that would help out.

Friendly and Accommodating

The one thing they can improve on is maybe a better orientation for the initial move-in. Other than that they were very friendly and also very accommodating and have always answered any questions that I have had.

excellent

We have had a very positive experience with Carlton Plaza of Sacramento. They are very responsive and communicate with us very well, answering any questions we have, and keeping us informed and engaged. The initial person we met with did an excellent job introducing us to the place and getting us acclimated.

I do think that the personal care could be improved a little as far as hygiene and such. That and some of the processes to get the right level of care needed can be a bit cumbersome.

very good

Carlton Plaza of Sacramento has been very good. The staff at the front desk are all very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. They are very quick to respond to any needs or requests when they arise. I like the fact that they let him go in at the level of care that he felt he needed, and then added on additional care services as needed. I liked that a la carte approach.

Excellent facility. Very clean. Staff was very friendly and residents that I spoke with seemed happy. The staff stayed in touch until we settled on the facility that would be used.

Overall it has been really good

They have been extremely helpful. I do not have any major complaints at all. Overall it has been really good.

Though there are no complaints, just a couple of observations:

The food could improve a little. It is definitely not bad, but could be better in my opinion. They did just recently lose their main chef, so that is part of the reason for this, and I am sure it will improve.

I would also like if they were more proactive about alerting the family members of the residents when any changes, even if minor, are going to be made.

Overall though it has been very good and I highly recommend them.

Awesome!! Perfect place for both me and my husband. Only problem is the price but it is well worth it. Seriously considering this one if I can adjust my finances

They seem to be doing a pretty good job.

They seem to be doing a pretty good job. We haven't been there very long. It's clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. They take care of the medications. We haven't been able to take advantage of all the stuff they to have to offer yet, but hopefully we will soon.

Review of Carlton Plaza of Sacramento Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Sacramento, CA

Beautiful facility and accommodations. General population seemed very outgoing and social. Something Bettie is not.

Outstanding facility; friendly staff.

This was the first place we toured when looking for a home for my mother-in-law. This is a beautiful facility that is bright, cheerful, and welcoming. The staff is very friendly and we could see that the residents were happy and busy. They have a lot of activities and encourage everyone to take part. We saw people in wheelchairs being taken to exercise classes. The rooms are big with lovely bathrooms. We didn't realize we would need to provide the furniture. Our tour director was very knowledgable. She provided us with a lot of very helpful information and suggestions. During the process of searching for a facility, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with dementia. We chose a small care home which we felt would be a better fit for her. However, we were very impressed with the Carlton Plaza and feel it would be a great place.

Happy Father!

My father was resistant to leave his home. He is fiercely independent and was not accepting of the fact that he had some acquired limitations due to a surgery following a hip fracture. In addition the surgery seemed to have mildly affected his cognition and short term memory. The staff was very welcoming and patient. They have done everything they could to make sure his unique dietary preferences are provided, that his room location is convenient to the elevator and that he is happy. Recently he said that "This is home." Of course, I am thrilled to know my father is happy and looked after with care.

I am very happy with Carlton Plaza. I...

I am very happy with Carlton Plaza. It's very clean and the staff is friendly. The meals are very good, it makes them stand out above the rest. I didn't think I could afford them at first, but they had a few rooms for a discount, and we were able to get in. Their friendliness also stood out, I liked that the residents were all very happy. It's like a Hilton Hotel compared to most places.

Didn't Answer My Questions

That one was okay but their staff couldn't answer a lot of questions about the things that I specifically said I needed. That didn't sit well with me. It was like they had a little scripted tour that they go through and every time I asked a question she sort of glossed over it, went back to her script and never really answered my questions.

Outstanding!

My sister lives in the area and goes over there everyday to see my mom and I talk to my mom every night. We're more than satisfied with where she's staying. The care, the facility and the attitude of the workers there - it's just outstanding!

My mom is very comfortable there. The cleanliness, the staff, the food, everything is just great. It couldn't be better. The next step for us would be to get her to a nursing facility instead of the assisted living but, so far, Carlton Plaza has worked out really well.

All Day Dining

Carlton Plaza, actually, they have a better sort of transition program for people with memory issues. They can transition between assisted living and memory care.

They have all day dining and I wasn't sure about that because one of the issues we were having with my mother living at home was that she wasn't eating. I wasn't sure how they were going to monitor whether or not she was eating and I didn't know if she would go down for meals if it was open like that. So I wasn't comfortable with that. At the time that I was making my issue that had a ticket open with the state licensing board. I don't know it was resolved but I didn't want to put my mother somewhere with an open ticket.

Toured Elk Grove facility. ...

Toured Elk Grove facility. Impressive. Liked its size.Good food service set up. Bright, inviting dining room. Rooms well designed size wise.

Happiness at Carlton

We moved to Carlton Plaza three years ago before my husband was told he had dementia. Since then his dementia has progressed. Some days are better than others. He sees people that are not there, he wants to go to the dentist at 3 am or barbecue steaks ( we have no barbecue) or review his platoon or go downstairs and give a speech. At Carlton we have people who you can talk to and are now having a six month course on dementia. Sometimes Pete gets very forcefully in his demands but I have a white cord I can push if I feel he is going to Hirt me.
Carlton also has other facilities across the patio- one foe people who become too disruptive avd one for residents who are very confused (alheimers) I feel so fortunate to be in this place where I have help when I need it. They also take care of all my needs like cooking, cleaning, ordering and giving medicines, changing beds etc.; making it possible to take care of Pete. We also have many activities like watercoloring, dancing, listening to music, watching movies all which are good for the person with dementia.

Premier facility. Care add ons are p...

Premier facility. Care add ons are pricey. Great Ambience !