Oakmont of Carmichael - Carmichael, CA

Oakmont of Carmichael is a premier retirement community newly opened in September 2014. Features include industry renowned dining, and endless on-site amenities. If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you’ll feel at home in our luxury retirement community where friends and neighbors enjoy our day spa, private movie theater, resident gardens, and impeccably landscaped grounds including a fenced Pet Park. If you ever need additional care we offer assisted living and our Traditions memory care services on the same campus. The entire community is licensed for care so with few exceptions, there is no need to move if assistance is needed in the future. Experience for yourself what makes this extraordinary senior living community one where life keeps getting better and better by reserving your home today.

Our amenities include all Utilities (Except Telephone), weekly housekeeping, Linen service, basic Cable Television, anytime Indoor and Outdoor Restaurant-style Dining, 24 hour Bistro, Library, Private Family Dining Room, Movie Theatre, Fitness Center, Activity Room, Salon and Day Spa, Resident Gardens and Walking Paths, and even a Pet Park. Scheduled transportation for shopping and medical appointments, personal chauffeur service and valet parking for residents are included. Some activities include Walking Club, Yoga, Strength and Stretch, Group Scrabble, Poetry Classes, Variety of Art Classes, Community Involvement and Volunteering Opportunities, Singing and Musical Performances, Happy Hours, Offsite Excursions to Art Galleries and Museums, Attending the Symphony, Knitting Club, Book Club, Card Clubs, Themed Parties and much more!

Residents and families have the peace of mind knowing Oakmont of Carmichael offers a wellness center and full-time nurses to assist with all of your daily living needs. Offering the best care available and staff who become like family, our care keeps you safe and comfortable in your own home. When needed, our caregivers can provide assistance with Bathing, Dressing, Grooming / Personal Hygiene, Diabetic Care, Special Diets, Medication Management, Oxygen Management, Management of Incontinence, Transferring / Assistance with Ambulation, Escorts to Meals, Escorts to Activities, and Escorts to Appointments, Hospice. On-Site Nurses for Monitoring Health Needs and Regular Assessments. Care services are additional and based on a fee for service basis. A complimentary on-site assessment will be scheduled with our caring staff to determine an estimate of care fees.
The Oakmont Diabetes Wellness program provides comprehensive diabetic management and lifestyle support to help residents manage glucose levels and optimize health. Our fulltime, 7 day a week licensed nursing staff with specialized diabetes training provide insulin administration including sliding scale dosing. They also provide routine monitoring and communication with residents’ physician.

We offer a Concierge Medicine Program and have partnered with highly respected local physicians to bring personalized medical care to our residents. Residents have the convenience of appointments on-site as well as 24/7 access to the Concierge physician.

Review of Oakmont of Carmichael - Carmichael, CA

We enjoyed a fantastic thanksgiving dinner accompanied by a piano serenade.
Everything was perfect.
Delicious food, beautiful decoration, family pictures. What more could we have asked for!
Thank you Oakmont Carmichael community.

Hi Tenge Family,

Thank you for your great comments! We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner. Oakmont of Carmichael strives to be an industry leader when it comes to providing outstanding holiday events for our residents and their families. We hope to see your family again this holiday season.

Warm regards,
Virginia Stone, Executive Director

Review of Oakmont of Carmichael - Carmichael, CA

People are so friendly and nice. Residents and staff. Staff is loving and integrate us into a family. I enjoy the veterans group. [removed] is a very energetic activities director.

Both my parent have been residence at Oakmont of Carmichael and they have been very happy there. The staff is caring and very shilled the environment is beautiful. The food and amenities are highest quality. It has given our family peace of mind as our parents needs increase.

Newer Community

This community is only a couple of years old so everything still looks and feels brand new. The colors are bright and refreshing it just gives the community a more open feel to it. The rooms are slightly bigger than where my mom currently is which can make a difference. On the first floor is a little coffee shop which is a nice feature. The community is just slightly closer to me than where my mom is now. However, the price is more expensive but it may be worth it if mom feels more comfortable in a little larger of a room.

Pretty Place

I think that the staff did a great job with our tour they took their time showing us around and they answered all our questions. The community was very pretty, and they offered a lot of amenities for the residents. Dad just didn't like it as much as another one we had been too.

More transparency in the beginning

I think when you initially sit down with the directors they should be more open and up front about what to expect and not paint a rosy picture. The care could improve by consistent staff. The aides who work with my mother closely do a wonderful job.When I ask her about the food she said it tastes all the same but she eats it. I think the main issue is with the administration and not the staff members. At this point I am unsure if I would recommend Oakmont of Carmichael.

Oakmont Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. Our residents’ satisfaction is very important to us and I would like to speak with you directly to discuss your concerns in more detail. Please feel free to call me at [removed] or stop by my office anytime. Warm Regards, Virginia Stone, Executive Director

Always love attending industry events here. The entire team is warm, friendly and a pleasure to connect with.

Loved this place. It's a beautiful property, lots of amenities and lots of activities for residents. The food looks amazing and snacks are available to residents. I want to live here. [Removed] was very accommodating and even brought me cheesecake on my eay out.

A tour for care

I toured this community. The staff was nice and did answer my questions on the care that is given. They do have a lot of activities but it did not seem like a lot of residents participate. The community appeared to be very clean and maintained. They had a nice menu I would recommend this community.

This is the place I want to be. I love the people, they have become my extended family. Everyone knows everyone. So friendly. Staff is excellent – caregivers are wonderful & helpful, servers are amazing. I give them all an A+. Food is incredible, architecture is beautiful. I recommend Oakmont to everyone I meet.

A nice place for others

This community was my first choice and I really like the community. they were my first choice, but we could not get in at the time. I was happy with the staff and the way the community was clean and nice. The staff was great. I would of been happy with my father being here, but now know we made a good decesion.

Review of Oakmont Of Carmichael - Carmichael, CA

I cannot say enough positive things about Oakmont. Their staff continually goes above and beyond for the care of my mother. Their knowledge of various types of Dementia gives them a special insight into the needs of the patient (resident) as well as the families. their attention to detail not only affords better care for the residents, but allows the family a knowledge base that eventually makes the transition of this disease easier.

Great for the young at heart and active senior!!

Oakmont is, no doubt, a beautiful facility! The grounds and interior are very carefully maintained. My recommendation is that this is a wonderful facility for seniors who are active, independent and are interested in getting away from the daily drudgery of cleaning and cooking for themselves. It is best suited to those who do not need a lot of care or attention as their staffing ratio is rather low. Staff turnover, in the year + that my parents were there was pretty regular. For those that need a higher level of care and/or attention, I can't recommend Oakmont. My parents needed a much higher level of care than Oakmont was able to provide and they were left on their own a great deal of the time. It just wasn't the best option for them. I'm not saying Oakmont was negligent, just that they weren't the best fit.

Oakmont Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. Our residents are very important to us and we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your parents' care. We offer a full array of assisted living services as well as memory care, and can accommodate most care needs. I would love to discuss this with you in person, so please call or stop by my office anytime. Warm Regards, Christine Sallee, Executive Director

Adapting just fine!

Mom has adjusted well to the transition of being at Oakmont of Carmichael and since moving in she seems to be pretty happy with the place. The staff have been very professional and show an eagerness to please the residents and make sure they're comfortable. Like many other places, Oakmont doesn't have any distinct smells and is very clean! Mom enjoys the food and has even participated in a few activities since moving in.

Hard To Tell At This Point

It's kind of hard to tell because I have nothing to compare it too, because it is dependent on the individual resident and their needs, So it would not be fair to place a comment at this time. All the facilities are about the same, from what I have researched.

We toured here when we were looking.

We toured here when we were looking. It was a nice place and was not completely unreasonable in price. Unfortunately they didn't have an opening at the time. I didn't look as closely as I could have, since with no openings, they weren't really an option for us.

Best Ever, A Wonderful Place from Start to Finish

We moved our parents into one of the two bedroom two baths apartments, WOW what a joy, it is beautiful, spacious with lots of storage, 10 foot ceilings and a Master Closet I could live in and very wheelchair friendly. They even have their own Doorbell, just like home.
The staff is amazing, they are always FAST to respond and even come check without being called. They are cheerful and ready to help, even when Mom is a bit cranky. They always have someone to greet you and help arrange anything you might need.
The medical staff is wonderful; they go out of their way to accommodate my parent’s needs. Medicines are given correctly and on time, it is comforting to me to know they are well taken care of by knowledgeable caring, loving people. If special needs should arise I am called quickly.
The Theater room, with its full wall of HD screen offers a theater type setting, from the comfy seating down to the popcorn. Movies are scheduled daily, or you can bring your own DVD or select from a large variety of options like Netflix and much more. A nice variety of activities are offered daily and they work around what the community would like. They offer group field trips to individual trips, (like to church or shopping)
The grounds are very well kept and offer a variety of settings to relax; they even have a dog friendly park area and raised gardens should they want to do a little gardening.
They offer a little cafe style area where fruits, snacks and fresh baked cookies are always fully stocked and available free (I love the fresh baked cookies when I come to visit)
The food is beyond wonderful, I really enjoy eating over, and Meals are prepared from scratch by a 5 star chef with daily specials and an everyday menu with many many options. Each order is individually prepared to your specifications. They aim to please and then some.
I could not be happier knowing that my loved ones are being taken care of in such a beautiful caring loving environment. They are safe and happy and well cared for this is very important to me

this place was really nice, i got the tour from Dale. However this is not a good fit for my brother.

Oakkmont of Carmichael gets 7 out of 5 Stars

My parents moved into Oakmont of Carmichael in Oct 2014 and could not be more pleased with the quick response time, the care and quality and the exceptional food. They offer a wide variety of options of activities to keep everyone not only informed but encouraged to attend and participate. My Mother is in a wheel chair and it is hard for us to get her around. Oakmont of Carmichael not only got her to go on an outing to a concert but made her feel she could do more than she was. They also have a special exercise machine that she can use to exercise her arms and legs without leaving her wheelchair. (The take her down to use it whenever she wants to and stay with her while she exercises to make sure she is safe) The food is amazing. They are 5 star quality and the chef is out of this world GREAT. He does a different soup from scratch each day and the specials are wonderful, If that was not enough the \\We will make whatever you would like\\ option on the standard menu it is like ordering from an endless supply of options, and the rotisserie their own chickens and smoke the salmon right there on site.) The staff is so friendly and helpful above and beyond the call of duty from the Friendly Staff greeting you at the front door, the maintenance staff, the directors, the medical staff from medicine to personal care. My parents were given pendents/call buttons and encouraged to use them for anything including needing a glass of water. They also are equipped with a fall detector is case they fall and can't push the button and it also has a locator so they can be found when I come to visit them. (I found them in the Amazing Theater watching a movie last week)) The apartments are beautiful and large and light with an impressive amount of storage and room to move around in, with 10 foot ceilings and easy enter showers I could go on for hours on all the great qualities of Oakmont of Carmichael but I must get back to work, I feel real good that my parents are in such nice, safe and reliable hands and are happy. Did I mention the fresh cookie available 24/7... Great treat each time I visit

Keri Hodgson

Dale and his crew have been above and beyond with my mother. They have helped EVERYTHING and made the move in easy and so friendly. The staff is everywhere helping and smiling. Dale has been there early and late helping, smiling and calming down my mother better than I! She texts me to tell me what someone did, the singer that was there that day etc. She is so happy!! Awesome!

beautiful