Pioneer house problems

I will be quite honest about my mothers stay since living there the past 2 years. Early on missing items from room such as clothes and small items nothing of real value but still bothersome. I witnessed myself first hand some of the nurses standing around and teasing one of the seniors. I found 50 % of the staff friendly and the other 50 % less than desirable and not very communicative. The food was good at first which I actually ate at the facility and gave it about a 9 out of 10 for the lunch , Since that time they have laid off many and all I hear from my mother and others staying here is the food is awful and I have witnessed that first hand also. My mother was given 1 piece of cold fish with something that resembled potatoes, You wouldn't give this to your worst enemy but Pioneer House sure does while my mother pays 9.00 a meal ! That fish meal was worth nothing and it looked poison! I was shocked and appalled that the nurses would even bring that to my mother as a healthy meal seeing how they claim they are nurses . The owners of Pioneer House can make some small adjustments to their management and employees and come up to a quality rating which they had once but as of now they are below average and declining. They seem to have a morale problem that needs to be addressed and promptly or they may be losing some well paying customers. I could write much more but I will save that for the time being to see if this will make a difference. Hopefully they will read this review and actively try and make some changes . Talk to you next time!

Good Fit!

I have nothing but nice things to say. They've been a very good fit. The only reason that I didn't give them a 5 is because my mother complains about the food sometimes. My father will eat the napkin if you dont keep and eye on him but my mother is a little more picky about food and things. They have a routine meeting where people can come in and voice their concerns or displeasure and the food has been a topic. My mom has said recently the food has been getting better.

When we first went there is just felt like it was a really good fit. The people that were living there were all very friendly and happy so they've made friends and it's been a good fit for my parents.

Age in Place

(Activities Not Rated) When we toured the community we really liked the community and the staff. What really put us over the top when choosing the community was that they offer multiple levels of care. Our loved one could receive higher level of care without having to change communities.

Toured on 4/24. Older facil...

Toured on 4/24. Older facility downtown. Assisted living is floor 5.

At Pioneer House we strive to be a step above the rest. We are the ideal choice for senior living, and we are conveniently located in downtown Sacramento near shopping, doctors, cultural events, and restaurants. We are dedicated to helping meet the needs of each person who chooses our community to call home.At Pioneer House we provide three levels of care. This means that, in most cases, the continuum of care can carry on without the need to uproot and move to a new community. We provide residential living, assisted living for when everyday chores become burdensome, and on-site rehabilitation and restorative nursing to help our residents regain their highest attainable level of independence.