Nazareth Park Place - Sacramento, CA

Nazareth Park Place is a vibrant, Active Senior Living Community, Assisted Living Community and Memory Care Neighborhood: Alzheimer's and Dementia.
We are located in one of the best locations in Sacramento! Across the street from Kaiser Morse, and minutes from parks, dining, medical centers and shopping. Our Community is next door to the prestigious Arden-Arcade neighborhood.
Our single-story building with 80 apartments offers large studios apartments featuring a kitchenette, private bath and many courtyard apartments.
All of the apartments are available as ‘private’ or ‘shared occupancy’ depending upon need and or finances.
This great property boasts two interior courtyards for residents to get fresh air, relax, or read a book. Some of the units have direct access to the courtyards making the room look and feel even larger.
Nazareth Park Place creates an environment free of stress by offering personal services such as; linen and housekeeping services, personal laundry service twice weekly, three meals and snacks daily, and a full calendar of social and activity programs.
Nazareth Park Place also offers transportation to-and-from medical appointments, other transportation arrangements can be made for non-medical purposes, as staff and vehicle are available.
Our specially trained team members are available to residents 24/7 should any care need arise, allowing you and your loved one to feel secure knowing that someone is close at all hours.
Our resident's love our location, amenities and vibrant company of their peers and caring, skilled team members.
Join us today!

• Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • Laundry services
  • Daily Housekeeping
  • Memory Care Services

Took A Tour!!

I really felt the community was clean during my tour.
The director was very knowledgeable and provided me with specific information. I recall that they offer meal plans for the residents. The staff that i did meet were very nice and attentive. One of the things about the community that i wasn't very much impressed with was the outdated building. It would be nice if they could do some updating to the place.

Be Proactive With This Community

Karen C. from A Place For Mom was extremely helpful. I found this community and after our in-home assessment we were told my dad was good to move in. Our first day was stressful, there were no doctor orders ready. This may be dues to management change and resulted in miscommunication and no organization. Things did not end well for Dad and the communication to us was not a priority. Overall they were tough on Mom and the community needs better training and better communication between all the staff.

Fairly satisfied

They mean well and Mom is getting OK care, but we are used to more detail-oriented care, more activities, especially access to a shady garden area, so while the "value" is better than many of the more expensive sites, we think sometimes they mean well but are short-handed and too busy for the staff they have. We visit often and will volunteer to help get a garden going and we are hopeful that with time they will catch up with their good intentions. We are glad we found them for our Mom, overall.

Candace Taylor

At Nazareth Park Place Sacramento our highly trained team members are dedicated to enriching the lives of our resident's by offering AFFORDABLE care in a clean and safe environment.
That means our Community spends it's money on the things that count: Highly trained employees, delicious food, a full-time Activity Director offering daily activities,, Shuttle Service, daily housekeeping, weekly linen and laundry service--all included in our basic rate.
Shady Areas: We also offer two beautiful indoor courtyards where resident's can garden, sit in a shady tree-lined spot or simply relax with family and friends. We're glad your Mom is here! And we value constructive feedback.

The care service and staff are extremely wonderful.

Candace Taylor

Thank you! We consider our team family, and go above and beyond to find people who have an affinity for older adults. We know the difference that a caring team member can make for our wonderful residents!

The care service and staff are extremely wonderful.

Candace Taylor

Thank you! At Nazareth Park Place we always strive to offer exceptional service to our resident's and their families.
Our training programs for our team members is " above and beyond" industry standards, our food is nutritious and delicious, we offer daily, fun activities that address the psychological, emotional and spiritual needs of our resident's, we have daily housekeeping in all of the apartments and weekly linen service.
Our team respects and appreciates our seniors and it shows in everything we do, Plus, we offer AFFORDABLE senior living that other's in the industry do not.

Moving Dad to Sacramento

My father was living in the Bay Area and needed to move closer to us since he wasn't eating much and was alone in his apartment most of the time just watching TV. Everybody was worried about him. He was declining.
So, we toured a few places, some of those small "board and care" (too small) and some really nice corporate type facilities (too big and mega expensive).
We decided on Nazareth after touring and eating a great lunch (salmon, rice, veggies, cake), we talked to some of the resident's about their lives here and we talked to the staff too. I liked that they have an on-site LVN all week and one at night too.
The prices are fair--even though it seems like a lot of money the Sales Director showed us that if you added Dad's current rent, food, utilities, etc. he would end up paying about $300 more per month and he didn't have to do a thing but join everyone in the dining room for meals, and make friends and live his life. There are staff 24/7, they give Dad his medications on time and in the right amount (he was not taking his meds at home). He's coming out of his shell now and that's a relief. It's a great place.

Candace Taylor

We really appreciate family feedback.
The reason our owner, Mr. Kardosh, decided to open nine Nazareth Health Communities in 2009 was because he saw a critical need for affordable senior care-Assisted Living and Memory Care in our region.. Many seniors simply can't afford the giant, corporate-owned facilities. We literally save lives by helping our seniors thrive, not just live. And at a reasonable rate. We are driven first and foremost on the well-being of our resident's and for their future well-being. It is a philosophy that is ingrained in the company's DNA, and we are confident our community provides excellent care, at a reasonable price.

Great Staff, No Sticker Shock

Mom fell and broke her hip four months ago and that was pretty much IT for her living alone any more.
We started searching on our own since the family all lives in Sacramento and wanted something close to Kaiser. After getting major sticker shock at other facilities we found Nazareth Park Place--and it was actually affordable and very nice-not fancy, but overall, excellent in many ways.
The staff are super friendly and caring, seem to be well trained.
The studio apartment Mom picked out is large, with a nice kitchenette that comes with a refrigerator and microwave.
Mom wasn't too happy to move at first. But, after about a month, she realized she had friends to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with, got to do fun things everyday, all her needs are taken care of too. The community is older, but in good shape, and seems like they are always sprucing things up. The food is good--fresh and well-balanced. I eat dinner with Mom every Saturday for $5.00 at Nazareth. She's OK now and doing much better.

Candace Taylor

Thank you for the review.
Nazareth Park Place Sacramento defines our "person-centered care" in unique ways: We create a specialized Care Plan for each resident that is individualized to meet resident and family needs. Our mission of person-centered care is not just a program, but a culture. Our staff build trust and a relationship with our resident's in order to achieve great outcomes for our resident's. We also have an LVN on duty during the weekdays and one at night. We go above and beyond!

No Complaints!!

The staff is amazing. Very friendly, The community overall is a nice place and my mother seems happy here. There were some mishaps but they were resolved very quickly.

Candace Taylor

Thank you! Our care partners and entire team, from housekeeping to our chefs to med techs and Directors are focused on achieving personal goals for our resident's that are centered around excellent care, dignity, respect of personal choices and continuing to live a great life!

My Dad is now a resident at Nazareth Park Place and the place itself is very nice and clean. My experience with the staff has been quite wonderful and I really like the fact that they keep me updated on him and send me pictures often. One thing that was concerning since my Dad is in the memory care unit is the amount of time he gets outdoors. The staff has informed me that they take them out at least twice a week but I am hoping for a bit more access for those in memory care. I understand there are some that are a wander risk but the idea is nice. What matters the most is that Dad is happy there and he is definitely in good hands!

Candace Taylor

Thank you for your feedback!

Our goal at Nazareth Park Place Sacramento is to work closely with the resident's families to ensure that your loved one's needs are not just met, but exceeded.

Review of Nazareth Park Place - Sacramento, CA

Not at all what we are looking for had a skilled nursing facility kind of feel.. if that is what you re looking for then it might be adequate

Dad and dementia

Our Dad was recently diagnosed with Dementia after an operation that went bad. The discharge planner at the hospital tried to help us, but you just have to get out there and tour. It was really hard too--people in dementia places are not in their right minds any longer. We looked at 6 Memory Care places and chose Park Place because the staff really knew what to do and how to handle people like Dad. I'm relieved that Dad is being cared for, but miss his personality.

Candace Taylor

Putting resident's at the center of everything we do is what Nazareth Park Place is all about. Our interprofessional team works closely with our resident's and family members to ensure the best support so that we address the resident's preferences and goals. Our great care is essential for older adults who want to thrive, not just exist. We have helped so many families!

Nazareth Park Place "Reflection

i want to give you my review with this place. I put my Dad with Nazareth Memory Care last month and i can say the staff are great even the care they giving the best. And the staff will giving me update about my dad and even my dad told me that he loving to stay in that place. Activities wise the staff doing a lot of it but i know it will be hard for them because not all will participate and i know with dementia they always wandering.
Nazareth Reflection Memory Care I GIVE THEM THUMB UP...

Candace Taylor

The Memory Care Staff in our new "Reflections" neighborhood places our resident's at the center of everything they do! Our Care Partners are specially trained to work with resident's who have Dementia or Alzheimer's diagnosis. Our person-centered care is essential for older adults with chronic conditions to live a great life, every single day. We also give families peace of mind knowing that their loved one is cared for every moment.

Nazareth Park Place is horrible and I would never recommend it to anyone...

Unfortunately when we chose this facility for my husband we were really in need of a place for him quickly. They were very accommodating and helped us place him within one day. That's about the only good thing I can say about this place. My husband was only there one week before a nurse visited him at the direction of his doctor and noticed that he had developed horrible bed sores, rashes and uncontrollable blood pressure and blood sugar levels. He had to be rushed to the hospital from there and ended up in ICU for over a week. [removed]. Needless to say he did not go back there. It was a nightmare trying to get my money refunded, which eventually it was.

I would highly recommend that if you are considering this place for yourself or your loved ones, you think twice about it and run as far away from here as you can. The facility is very old, dirty, smells really bad inside and the staff is anything but friendly. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Candace Taylor

Unfortunately, this situation was one where the resident required a skilled nursing facility, probably long-term. The resident had been transferred directly from a skilled nursing situation prior and our team alerted the resident's physician and family as soon as we realized the gravity of the health issues.
Our community is clean, with housekeeping 7-days per week and a team of highly skilled care partners, med techs and managers. I walk around the community five days each week, several times each day, and witness how wonderful our team members work to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable community that addresses each resident's mind, body and spirit!
Please visit Nazareth Park Place for yourself.

safety hazards when accessing court area

The property needs updating. We do not know a lot about the activities because my father in law does not participate in them. The access to smoking area or indoor court should be made for people in wheelchairs. They have to push the door open with their hands and pull the door while all in the wheelchair. It's a safety issue. The access from his room has a sliding glass door which is access to the court area and it is very difficult for him to get out.

Candace Taylor

We are beginning a soft re-model of our apartments and the entire building!
At Nazareth Park Place we have a strict no-smoking policy that is limited to an outdoor center courtyard. We only have about 5 resident's who still smoke and recognize that smoking and second hand smoke is unhealthy.

Glad we found Nazareth Park Place!

Mom was living alone in my childhood home after Dad died and was getting really lonely and depressed. We grew up middle class, so mom didn’t have a lot of money for a new apartment -and one that served meals and had activities and all of that good stuff. We’re so glad we found Nazareth Park Place! They have big studio apartments, she gets three yummy meals every day, and most important, new friends. Mom has five close friends now at her new home. The staff are great too--and the location is excellent.

Candace Taylor

Thank you! We receive scores of verbal compliments from resident's and families that we truly appreciate a family member taking the time to respond in writing. Nazareth Park Place Sacramento is deeply involved in the health and wellness and happiness of our resident's. Our team philosophy is on "person-centered care"--that is essential for older adults with some functional limitations. Our core concept of serving our resident's mind, body and spirit is reflected in the quality of care, our trained staff, our great food, daily activities, medication management and so much more! Plus, we are AFFORDABLE. And, family owned too.

Much more affordable

This is a super affordable and fun senior living community. I visited several of these places in the Sacramento area on behalf of some friend’s--who are in their 70’s. Their incomes are a bit tight, so I was glad I found Nazareth Park Place-great prices for what you get. As a former real estate broker, I can tell you that the location is superb--close to Arden Fair Mall, Country Club Mall, across the street from Kaiser and near lots of shopping. When I toured with the Executive Director, I noticed that the building looked a bit older than some of the other senior living places I had toured, but the size of the apartments, really nice staff and core amenities were excellent. The prices are SO much more affordable than some of the larger, newer assisted living places! I’m going to recommend this community to my friend’s to check out.

Candace Taylor

Thank you for writing a review! At Nazareth Park Place life gets bigger, not smaller for our resident's because they now have the flexibility to do the things they enjoy. Our location really is one of the best in the Sacramento region--closed to world class medical centers, the award winning Cottage Park, Arden Fair Mall, restaurants, near the freeway and much more. As a family business, we know the importance of caring for the one's you love.

It gave us a good contrast of what these places could be.

We toured here when we were looking into options. It was right across the street from the hospital so it would have been convenient. However the residents here all seemed to sort of be in zombieville. It gave us a good contrast of what these places could be. It was not a very attractive option.

Candace Taylor

Our very affordable, vibrant community works with our resident's complex needs and addresses the things that matter most to our residents--how they are living every day to achieve their goals of independent living, the qualurt of life, and the care and compassion practiced by all of our team members. Many of our resident's are struggling with health challenges, but continue to enjoy daily activities, outing, great food and a excellent team. If you talk to our resident's you will immediately realize that they are not chemically restrained. Some are in wheelchairs or walkers, but they are living life to the fullest!

I toured this facility and was hopeful since it is close to home. The staff was friendly and helpful and the facility is currently adding a memory care unit. Facility is dated and is being updated in some necessary ways, floors being converted from carpet to wood, etc. Residents seemed happy. We requested an assessment and we did not receive a call regarding how that had gone for more that 24 hours. We were under a time constraint and the facility was aware, their delay was very stressful.

Candace Taylor

Thank you for the review.
Moving a prospective resident into an Assisted Living Community is definitively a "process"-once we receive the Physician's Report (referred to as a 602 Report) from the resident's primary care physician, it is carefully reviewed by our Management. After that, depending on the 602 information, an Assessment with our care team is scheduled. The process can take a few days to one week-or more-depending upon how quickly the 602 is completed and then returned to Nazareth Park Place.
Also note: Our Community is in the middle of a soft remodel and looking forward to a newer, fresher appearance. Our management team is focused on placing our resources where it really counts: The high level of care our resident's receive, the excellent quality of our food and amenities, and trained care partners.

Terrible place for anyone, if you want your parents to suffer this is the perfect place.

Candace Taylor

Unfortunately, the resident that was placed at our Community was transferred from a Skilled Nursing Facility. Within one day, his condition deteriorated. The family was notified immediately and our staff took appropriate action and care in this situation.
Nazareth Park Place is a Senior Living Community, Assisted Living Community and a Memory Care Community--we are NOT a Skilled Nursing Facility.
This was an unfortunate situation where pre-existing conditions made our Community unsuitable for someone with a very high level of medical care.

This place is a nightmare!!!! They never put my mother to bed, or should I say , they forgot to put my mother to bed and she fell out of her wheelchair and [removed]. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LOVED ONES HERE!!!!

Candace Taylor

Please note: This review was written by a disgruntled ex-employee and is not true.
Our team members are specially trained to assist our resident's every step of the way to ensure that their mind, body and spirit are addressed. Our care is individualized and specific to each individual resident.

The place is awful! I would tell everybody not to go there.

They are a dump! The people that work there don't give a damn about the residents. The food is worse than prison food. The place is awful! I would tell everybody not to go there.

Candace Taylor

Please Note: This was written by an ex-employee during a time of transition in the Community. Please tour and see for yourself what a great community Nazareth Park Place really is! 3/7/2016