Brookdale Puyallup - Puyallup, WA

This is not a good place to put Memory care Patients with dementia. I also experience billing [Removed] by continuously being charged for services not provided.

Excellent Community

My mother has moved into Brookdale Puyallup, and is very happy. She chose this residence over others that we toured, and my wife and I are also very satisfied with the level of her care. The place is very clean, and the food is great. My wife and I have meals with my mother regularly. They also have many activities at the community that my mother enjoys such as movie nights and a Johnnie Cash tribute. Over all, this community is excellent, and we are all very pleased.

Nice Community

Brookdale Puyallup was a nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community for our current needs and they also accepted Medicaid.

A community for care

We toured this community for care and the community was clean and the environment was nice. We liked the activities that would have been offered. We needed a community that could meet our transportation needs. We would recommend this community for other families for the care of a loved one.

ready to move in. Price above our range at 3200 for a one bedroom. They can keep her in the brookdale system by moving her to the South Hill Facility which accepts medicaid when she runs out. VISIT FACILITY??

My parents can not wait to move into Brookdale Puyallup!!

This community is clean and well taken care of. The staff are excellent and answered all our questions. They have gone out of their way to be helpful. The food is good. I do think that they could use a few more activities. I would recommend this community.

I didn't like that it seemed real dark. I liked the staff snd the fact that the restaurant was always open.

We utilized respite stay at Brookdale Puyallup for my mother for a couple of weeks. The experience she had there was quite nice and the staff are all very nice and accommodating. Mom didn't really participate in many activities as it would have just confused her but there is plenty for the residents to do to stay busy. Brookdale is right in the middle of remodeling and in the midst of all that they still keep the place very nice and clean! I will definitely use them again if needed.

Rebecca was wonderful, the location is okay, and the residents seem to be happy. The place was clean and very warm and cozy. I just popped in on her because I was in the area and had some free time. She was amazing. We sat down and she remembered every detail about my mom. She shared the information about the retirement center and why this would be a great place for my mom. When we walked through the halls she greeted everyone by name and was enjoyable to talk with. I could see the sense of community. The Down side is that the community is outdated and is about to be refurbished. She did a great job of sharing with me how important it was that the construction did not interfere with the quests. This location is in a residential district and so the parking is very limited. I thought that Rebecca was an excellent sales representative, very profession, friendly and genuine.

Happy With The Experience

I am very well pleased. It has been a pleasant experience with them. The public relations people and the managers are all very easy to work with. They have a good staff. I really do not know that I have much to complain about, except maybe their communication could improve. I am happy with the experience though, I would do it all over again.

She is happy there

It's going alright. They were having some internet issues. Mom was having some issues with slow internet, but that is resolved. She is happy there and likes it there. She is making new friends and we got her place fixed up nicely. Someone broke into her car, but all in all things are working out well.

Brookdale Puyallup just okay

Location is great and close to area attractions. Food was great and wide variety of choices. Activities offered by the facility were very minimal and not a lot of tennants joined in them. Rooms spacious and clean. Staff seemed helpful. Management of facility not very clear on specifics of rental agreement and what respite care vs. regular care is. No refund and my dad only stayed 11 days.

Horrible establishment.

This place is a joke, the residents best interest aren't at heart. The director and nursing manager only care about census. Low quality caregivers who talk badly about the residents and treat them poorly. The residents health and safety are last on the list of priorities. It's is dirty and unsanitary. Look elsewhere. Wouldn't recommend this place to a dying rat.

Restaurant-Style Dining

We looked at this when it was still the Merrill Gardens. I liked it and my mom and other siblings liked it. It was the oldest of the three places we looked at but it was well kept. I liked the dining situation. It was just like a restaurant. You had selections to choose from and breakfast wasn't from 8 - 9, it was from whenever they opened the dining room until lunch. Then it was open until 7 and you can go anytime - it was up to you. We really liked that feature.

Downtown Puyallup. Restaurant open 7:...

Downtown Puyallup. Restaurant open 7:30 am-pm, can do own laundry. Linens, housekeeping done by facility.

1 bedroom was too small, older buildi...

1 bedroom was too small, older building, low ceilings.

Enjoy the convenience of being located in the heart of downtown Puyallup, with shopping, banking, restaurants, and the post office within walking distance of your new home! You have your choice of selecting a spacious studio, one, or two bedroom apartment. The familiarity of beautiful Mt. Rainier looms very near us, with easy access to both Tacoma and Seattle. Savor home-cooked meals in an inviting and warm restaurant style atmosphere. We offer a myriad of wellness programs, opportunities for outing and travel, musical entertainment, informational seminars, and peace of mind that comes from a retirement community with a wonderful reputation.