We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
Peoples Retirement Community is a residential environment serving our community and is designed to accommodate active, self sufficient, senior adults, seniors who require modest assistance in order to maintain personal dignity and self reliance as well as a Secured Alzheimer's/Dementia Community.
Peoples Retirement Community provides options for our seniors for Independent living, Assisted Living, and Dementia Care.
Peoples Retirement Community is luxurious living... Lovely individual, spacious 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans as well as Studios with shared baths... An elegant dining room where friends gather to enjoy deliciously prepared cuisine by our Executive Chef and the team... Restaurant style cuisine .. Gracious common areas for social activity... Tranquil grounds for outdoor relaxation and an enclosed landscaped courtyard with walking paths.
Demonstrating our core values, makes us a warm and inviting community to call home!
Peoples Retirement Community is located in Tacoma, WA, which is a beautiful city situated on the Puget Sound and loaded with amenities.
- Population: The population in the city is around 211,277 people. The average age of the residents in town is 37 years old.
- Walkability: The overall walk score for the city is 53. There are parts that are easy to navigate on foot, but most errands will need a car.
- Weather: The weather is pretty typical for the Washington region. Residents can expect lots of rainfall and average temps in the 50s. Summers can warm up to the mid 70s.
Tacoma is a great place to live. It has beautiful scenery, many outdoor activities, and some truly unique shops. It is known for its world-renowned glass art and its many vibrant districts.
Peoples Retirement Community invites residents to utilize the transportation services they offer. There are many other options to get in and out of town. There are a couple of options for transit systems:
Sound Transit: bus and rail system to commute from Seattle to Tacoma. Seniors get a discount on fares.
Pierce Transit: Tacoma bus system that runs every half hour and hour. Seniors can get a discounted fare.
- For taxi rides and shuttles to the airport, there are many options as well:
- Fair Fare Taxi Cab: taxi cab company and other services.
- Fort Lewis Taxi: taxi cab rides in and around town.
- Amtrak: Station in Tacoma for a variety of trips, seniors receive a discounted fare.
Tacoma is home to some great medical facilities. Whether it's an emergency situation or a routine medical check, residents will find the great care they want.
- Multicare Allenmore Hospital: a network of emergency care and primary providers for a variety of medical needs
- Tacoma General Hospital: a full-service hospital for emergency and routine care needs
- St. Joseph Medical Center: multi-service medical center for a variety of medical needs
- Primary Care Northwest: a network of primary care providers for routine medical care
Sports & Leisure
Tacoma operates two different senior centers for a variety of activities and services for seniors 60 and over. Free transportation is provided to the centers for any senior living in the city. Seniors are also able to enjoy a nutritious lunch at either of the centers.
Beacon Activity Center: senior center with a variety of activities like crafts, puzzles, ping pong, and much more
Lighthouse Activity Center: senior center with many activities and programs like yoga, bridge, and quilting
There are many options for those looking to enjoy a game of golf. Some of the most popular public courses are:
- Allenmore Golf Course: 18 hole challenging course with driving range, practice facility, and a restaurant with bar
- Highlands Golf Course: nine holes of golf for all skill levels
- Meadow Park Golf Course: championship 18 hole course, nine hole course, and driving range
For those looking to play some tennis, there are many options in the city.
- Sprinkler Tennis Center: four indoor courts, six outdoor courts. They also offer lessons
- Tacoma Lawn Tennis Club: tennis club by membership, outstanding top-notch facility, and instruction
There are many other activities to enjoy in this area as well. Visit a park, waterway, or museum for a day of fun.
- Tacoma Museum District: six world-class museums that are within walking distance of each other. Visitors can enjoy glass blown art exhibits and much more.
- Tacoma Museum of Glass: the building is impressive from the outside with its giant cone. Glass art is on display and visitors can watch artist making pieces
- America's Car Museum: history of the car and how it has shaped American travel
- Ruston Way Waterfront: two mile scenic waterfront walkway for relaxing, walking, or fishing
Shopping in Tacoma is a lot of fun with its mix of unique shops and all the favorites. Some of the favorite places to shop are:
- Antique Row: section of downtown shops dedicated to antiques and interesting second-hand items
- Tacoma Mall: a large collection of popular stores and restaurants
- Tacoma Central: a variety of popular stores and restaurants
- Costco: Wharehouse style store with a variety of goods and items
For everyday items and groceries, residents can enjoy these places:
- Tacoma Boys: fresh produce market and specialty foods.
- Stadium Thriftway: basic grocery store for grocery items.
- Grocery Outlet Bargain Market: chain store with a variety of goods at low prices.
Residents will enjoy a variety of favorite fast food places in the area. Some of the favorites are Chick-Fil-A, Sonic, and Wendy's. Tacoma is also home to some of the best varieties of dine in restaurants on every budget.
- Pacific Grill: family friendly restaurant serving American food
- Duke's Seafood & Chowder: local chain serving fresh seafood and grass fed burgers
- Lobster Shop: waterfront seafood restaurant serving all the favorites
There is much to do for entertainment in this city. Residents can enjoy a movie at many theatres, dinner theatre, and performing arts.
- The Grand Cinema: movie house for art films
- The Blue House Movie Theatre: showing new releases and second run films
- Tacoma Film Festival: live performances and fun for the whole family
- Regal Cinemas: chain movie theatre with large screens and comfortable seating
- Tacoma Comedy Club: live comedic performances from a variety of artists
- Tower Lanes: 24 hour bowling, mini golf, and arcades
There are many churches in the area of Peoples Retirement Community. Residents will be able to find the services they are looking for with ease.
- Gateway Church
- Tacoma Christian Reformed Church
- The Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints
Tacoma, WA is a fun and friendly city with a lot to offer its residents. The art and culture is a nice mix of old and new that everyone can appreciate.