Madrona Park - Federal Way, WA

Madrona Park - Federal Way, WA has yet not published prices.

Older but homey

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my loved one. However, I didn’t choose this community because it was older and I was looking for a brand new place. The décor was okay and it felt homey. The person who gave me the tour was friendly and knowledgeable. What I really liked about the rooms is the layout. I would recommend this facility to other families.

My friend's care and happiness.

The care at this community. The staff is always caring and friendly. The menu is good with a very nice variety for her to choose from. She likes being involved with the outdoors and plants. We do like the environment and she seems to be very happy and content with the other residents. We would recommend the care at this community for other families

So far so good

Mom is still adjusting to living at this community. They do keep the community clean and the grounds are nice. The memory care area is a locked down small area. The assisted living area is larger and a little nicer. We have been working through some minor issues such as her clothes coming up missing. The staff are nice and they encourage her to participate in some of the daily activities.

Our tour

This is a very beautiful community. The person that took us on tour was nice, however they did not seem very knowledgable about the community. This community did not seem very active when we visited. They did not have an apartment available that would fit my loved ones needs.

Better Place To Care For My Mom

This community is a much better choice to have placed my mother in for her dementia. The staff was nice when we toured the community they provided us with a lot of information about pricing and packages . I feel my mom would have gotten the one on one attention and help that she is in need of. The community looked clean and the residents seemed nice but since it wasn't my decision my sister chose another location.

Father's Care

We are happy with the care for my father's care. The staff is very caring and we like that they are attentive to his needs. The meals are really good and they offer good choices. They do have a lot of nice activities for him to participate with the other residents. We would recommend this community for the value, cleanliness, and care for other families.

My tour

This community was a little more expensive than what we were looking for. The rooms were smaller than what we were looking for. The people we met were nice and the community seemed clean.

Great experience!

Madrona Park is great! The staff is very friendly, the space is clean, and there are plenty of activities for my father to participate in. Overall great experience!

Daughter or a resident

Mom is now a resident at Madrona Park. She is meeting new people and becoming settled. The facility is cleaning, the staff is friendly and helpful, and we are happy with the care services and daily activities. My brother is handling the financial piece, so I'm unqualified to address that question.

Close to home...

I have been told that my mother is participating in activities daily. We chose this community because it is close to home. We toured it and liked the place.

A great tour!

When I toured the Madrona Park, I noticed that the place was very nice and so were the people. When I got there for my tour, the tour guide was on time and had a lot of information for me. The place was a good choice, but we picked another community that we thought would for my mother's needs better.

just okay. didn't seem compassionate. Seemed more about the business than the person.

Nice Tour

This is a nice community. The staff was very nice and friendly. They offer alot of activities. The food seemed to be good from what we were able to see. Other families might like this community for a loved one.

We enjoyed the time Lynn took to tour us. The facilities were nice, but we were looking for more Independent Living area. The $2000 welcome fee per person was hard to appreciate.

Poor Alzheimer's Care

My family member lives in the memory care area. The staff don't seem to have skills o work it's Alzheimer's patients. They don't provide any areas of independent activities. They offer minimal activities, but to get to them you have to leave the area via an elevator. The memory care dining area is poorly lit. The outdoor area doesn't have cushions on the chairs. Patients roam the halls with nothing to do. Nothing on the walls are age related for seniors. The don't offer the Alzheimer's patients food or beverage choices. I've sat through several meals. The food is plated and then sits and is served cold. I don't know why, because they have a warming table. the patients just roam the halls.

Too comprehensive for independent living.

Good Experience

My mother is doing well with the transition into the community. The community is pretty well-kept and clean. The staff is very kind and helpful to us. They do offer good activities for the residents. Overall it has been a good experience so far, and I would recommend this community.

Friendly staff, spacious living quarters, good food.

A CHANGE FOR mOM

Our Mom has only been at Madrona Park for 3 weeks, but she has settled in very well. The caregivers are very kind and compassionate. They have involved her in daily activities, which she wasn't doing before.

We are very pleased so far.

Things did not work out

We left this facility because things did not work out there.

Everyone Is Happy

It was a very easy transition. They were most helpful with every step and had the answer to every question. It's not like you were pushed aside. All of the staff is friendly and the residents are happy there.

needed a closer watch

Dad wasn't at Madrona Park long before he took a fall. He was in memory care that was more independent. The staff was great and easy to work with. They probably need to hire more though for a better ration. It was expensive but probably in line with most facilities like this. He really needed a closer watch. It wasn't their fault we just didn't know he needed more care.

so pleased

I am so pleased with Madrona Park . It's small and homey. It is fun to visit there. The friends I've taken to visit there really like it. The staff get him involved in anything going on. They have cookies and coffee for the residents. It smells like home. He gets help getting dressed, taking showers, and help when he falls. They have a lot of activities going on there. It's just overall been a great experience.

very helpful

Emeritus at Steel Lake (now Leisure Care) is a very good place. My mother has dementia and has had a few challenges adjusting, and they have been very helpful in the process.

Memory Care is terrilble!!
The residents are wheeled into the small dining room for meals and then parked in front of the TV for the remainder of their day. No activities except TV watching, most of the staff does not speak very good English and is very hard for elderly residence to understand. Food is luke warm at best.

Fine for Assisted Living, Poor for Memory Care

My dad was first in Assisted Living. He had Alzheimer's and otherwise healthy. I would describe the Assisted Living portion as good. It was clean. There were some activities that involved music and that was great. The tendency was to do bingo or watch movies. They used to do field trips, but that is rare.
Then my dad went to Monarch and then Spa, as his disease progressed. In Spa the bathrooms were shared and dirty. There was not enough staff. The only activities I saw was bouncing a ball between residents (which is hard to understand if you have ALZ) or sit in front of the TV. My dad did not do well. Their only answer was to medicate him. Some medication was warranted but he was so medicated he could not wake up. That was the only way they would keep him. [removed]. I just don't think they are skilled in Memory Care

They are great. They are really nice there.

They are great. They are really nice there. The food is good, but they serve a lot of broccoli, and they serve a lot of soup, there isn't a ton of variety. It's a very nice place, she likes her little spot. I like that I am able to take a weekend to myself here and there. We are pretty happy with them.

Kind, caring staff

Unfortunately my loved one was only here a short time, but my impressions from her stay were very positive. It is a nice looking facility, and the staff here were all very professional, gentle, and kind.

my dad

I agree with not great my dad is in the memory care unit now and he never dressed I shower him his teeth are never in unless I put them in. The head nurse needs to work on her people skills. The Monarch is drab and depressing. My dad is always in his room there is no activities. He is showing signs of aggression since he's been there. They say he will never be in his room we keep them active have not seen it yet. He will be out of there soon. They need more training on memory care. The head nurse accused me of bringing alcohol to my 78 year father with alzimers. If they would do there job she could look in his room and she if there is alcohol. But she is to busy making a be line to her office. Well they where bought out by Brookdale so maybe they will get proper training.

We really have had a great experience...

We really have had a great experience with Emeritus! The price is definitely fair, and you get a good value! They were close to home, but they also have Memory Care, which we wanted available in the future! Our loved ones have had a positive experience here as well! There were, of course, a few glitches in the beginning, but they were amazing! They were a huge help with moving, and it's been a very positive experience so far!

Not great.

We were not happy with the care or attention that was paid to the residents. They only bathed our loved one once or twice a week, where she is now she gets showered daily. She always seemed to look dirty here. It seemed that nobody brushed her hair. They weren't able to handle her memory care needs to my satisfaction. Since moving her she is much calmer and more peaceful. She is cleaner and better cared for. I don't think Emeritus did a very good job.

Marketing Manager who was v...

Marketing Manager who was very helpful and professional, left suddenly. Other staff not very helpful. After watching PBS Special on Assisted Living Facilities which focused on Emeritus Nationwide, we are no longer considering them as potential.

Our experience has been good

A Place For Mom was really helpful and followed up real quick when we were in a crisis situation. Really accomodating and helpful, so I'd give a five for that.

Staff is Friendly

The overall staff is friendly especially the general manager and the marketing manager. It feels more like a hotel then anything else. Mom hasn’t complained about the food either.

By far the best we've seen. The thre...

By far the best we've seen. The three stage approach is even better than we anticipated. They also offer an assessment without condition to our 'deposit' - a free service so we know the best placement and care package to start. This is very helpful when trying to plan for a changing budget. Emeritus provided us a printed price list for their base rents and care levels - not provided by Auburn Meadows. Emeritus also offered us the option to use my mom's long term care policy. We have been referred to their partner - Elder Resources Benefit Counseling - who can help us understand her policy and how we can best communicate beginning a claim and helping my mom receive the benefits from a policy she's paid so much $$ into. There seems to be immediate openings both in the assisted living and in the mid-way group. There was no pushing us to decision which we appreciated. They were good about communicating 'we are moving at your pace'. We have decided to schedule the assessment this week and we hope to make a decision soon at either Emeritus or Auburn Meadows. But feel very comfortable with the options we've seen to make a decision for my mom.

Loved building, rooms are nice, locat...

Loved building, rooms are nice, location is easy to get to.

Assisted living areas seem very nice,...

Assisted living areas seem very nice, but memory wing felt depressing. I liked it that they take residents to local churches.

private apts, studio or bedroom; grou...

private apts, studio or bedroom; group activities; different levels on one floor. Garden activities; deck for outdoor use; older bldg, kept clean; garden has raised bed for group. staff supervision was very active; had nursing students, very good.

would be fine. very pretty

would be fine. very pretty

liked this one Director gave a great...

liked this one Director gave a great tour liked the units for mom things to keep her busy

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of Federal Way, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to the farmer’s market or Steel Lake Park, while others are grabbing coffee before they go shopping at The Commons. Madrona Park feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of premium customer service translates into an experience that feels more like you’re on a permanent vacation, and less like you’re in a retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Madrona Park, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents get the most out of their retirement. Want to plan a movie night? Invite your family. How about a game of poker? Stack your chips. Dinner in the city sound fun? Hop on the shuttle. Whatever you want to do, whatever your interests are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Madrona Park, a fun, adventurous retirement is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.

Madrona Park offers independent living, assisted living and memory care services.