Franklin Place - Sumner, WA has yet not published prices.

we wanted to change the time of the tour and [name removed] was awesome, come anytime - we have already talked and most questions were answered - but he was there to answer more - dazzled by the openness and bright and cheery the first few steps and seeing others enjoying the last of their meal or just sitting - seemed happy there - the room was great - we are now waiting to seal the deal - [name removed] had to be one awesome representative for franklin place -

Franklin Place

Great Choice and GREAT place for Mom!

Felt homey

While first viewing the property, I noticed that it was very nice, clean, homey, and it had a very good feeling to it. This is why I chose it. They seem to have a whole list of things to do at the facility which it posted in the lobby to keep everyone updated on what is going on certain days. They do provide transportation as well to go to outings and doctor’s appointments. The food there is fine in my opinion. The have a menu that changes daily and if you don’t like what it being served on a certain day there is a set menu to order from to replace it. The staff team for the most part is good, except for a few minor hiccups. The day that I was supposed to check in with my loved one it seemed that no one was aware that we were coming. It was a bit disorganized but eventually was taken care of. Despite this, I would recommend this location to others.

Great Relationship With This Community

Unfortunately my mother is currently in rehab. However we have had a nice, positive relationship with this community. They have a pleasant, and very helpful staff, they were great to work with. The community looks great, everything is very well maintained. They provide nice meals, and offer good activities for the residents. I hope once my mother gets better she can return to this community, it is a very nice facility.

Our experience with Franklin Place to date has been outstanding.

A Place for Mom was my first call for help. The person I was directed to listened to what I needed for mom and directed me to Franklin Place. My mom really wanted to be in a place that was on a single level. This was a perfect fit for my mother. Everyone at Franklin Place is very friendly to our whole family. My mother is treated with respect and dignity and gets excellent care. If I have any concern I am welcomed to discuss and help find resolutions that work for everybody. Everyone throughout this process has been very very helpful.

Care and Comfort

We toured this community and we did not like that the bedroom was small and would not fit our needs. They offer a nice menu for the residents. We did like the community but needed something bigger at the time. We suggest that families take a tour for the care of a loved one.

A great community

The staff are friendly and will help us in anyway they are able to. Mom seems to like the food. She is enjoying the daily activities offered. The community is really beautiful inside and out. They have a nice courtyard with a community garden. This is a smaller community so it is easier for mom to get around. I would recommend this community.

We are very pleased

The food was not very good when mom first moved into this community, however they did listen to the residents and they have improved it. The grounds are immaculate and they community is well cared for. It is tastefully decorated. The staff are loving, kind and work hard to be sure the residents have everything they need. They are accommodating and preserve the resident's dignity. I would recommend this community.

Dad liked this community

They offer daily activities and the staff were good at encouraging dad to participate. The staff were good with us and took good care of dad. He liked the meals. They keep the community clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

What we liked about this community was it is one-level, secured, and only 48 units. [Removed] was very, very good at sharing and showing us everything at the community.

A community to consider

Franklin place. was nice, but not what we were looking for. The expense was higher then what we could afford at the time. The manager was nice and answered the questions we had. Activities were available but not as many. It seems that the rooms were smaller then what we were looking for. The community was nice and other families might consider this community for they offer.

Excellent Community!!

The Franklin Place has been good to my mother. She is well taken care of and the staff communicates with me very well. They call when they feel concerned about anything which i really like. The meals are great, they are healthy and have a good taste. The only complaint we have is my mother wishes her room was a bit more spacious as she finds the room she is in to be tiny.

Review of Franklin Place

[Removed] and his staff have been excellent in helping my Mom and Dad transition into assisted living. They are genuinely concerned with the welfare of their tenants and work with them on a reasonable financial plan. I found this to be very helpful because I had to do a lot of this from another state.

Great views from bedrooms!!

My loved one has a beautiful studio with a great view of the lake right outside his window. The housekeeping team has done an excellent job at always making sure my dads room stays comfortable and clean for him. I have no complaints about this community and would recommend it.

The best place for our mom

Our Mom had recently lost her husband and began going downhill very fast. Given her history of serious medical problems and the fact that she was also losing her eyesight we knew we had to find her a caring and warm place to assist her. She also had stopped taking her medications and for the most part stopped eating.

After reviewing several homes in the area and not being thrilled with any of them, it was a gift when we found the Franklin Place in Sumner. It was clean, warm and welcoming. We knew instantly it was the place where mom could be safe and be well cared for, in the remaining time she has left.

The Franklin Place was so willing to work with us and to create a situation that would enhance mom's life. They welcomed our Mom into their home as though she was family. The entire staff is that way with her and it is a relief to our family. The residence has a beautiful main courtyard that is enclosed with flowers, and bird feeders around the flowerbeds. They BBQ in this courtyard and you are allowed to bring you pet if you are able to care for the animal. It is fun to see the pets and people in the courtyard on a sunny day and it is a cheerful place. This is a small resident facility and does not fell like an institution. The food is good as well.

My sincere thanks and appreciation for the entire staff at
Franklin house and especially to Victoriana and to Ken. They have gone the extra miles for my mom and really care about their work.

While my mom still struggles with her situation, it is clear
that she trusts the staff and all who care for her.

This place is the best place for mom and not something that I ever thought I could find. Please check this place out before you make your final decision regarding your loved one.

Bringing back the SUNSHINE.

My Grandmother was living alone at home, and it seemed every time I visited she was more and more depressed and doing less of her daily routine. She started living out of her recliner. TV and her microwave were her best friend. She recently moved in to Franklin Place and the change is night and day. She is social and loves going to all the activities, loves the food, and has made new friends who help her stay active. The staff has been so helpful in making sure there was no awkwardness for my Grandmother. They really took the time to work with her to make her feel special, and helped her reclaim the outgoing attitude she had. I'm truly grateful for everything they do!

DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE

Management and the nurse in Sumner WA were always very unfriendly and unorganized; every time I went into visit my Grandfather, who has dementia, they complained about him for things he was paying them to help him with and called constantly for information that was already provided but they did not update their records when provided. They often called the wrong number and were rude when they got to the correct person because again they never would correctly update their records and were frustrated that you did not call them back. I tried to deal with these issues because of my Grandfather’s inability to deal with change due to his dementia. Final straw was when the nurse REFUSED to call 911 after myself and another family member requested her to do so when she called stating my Grandfather was ill, so I hung up on the nurse and called 911 and my Grandfather was admitted. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE, more worried about their image than the sake of the residents.

Smaller is Better!

My mother just turned 94 years old here at Franklin Place. This is her first birthday here, and she is extremely happy with this place. She lived for several years at Emeritus in Puyallup, WA. They were purchased by new people, and the prices went up even though they assured us prices would not change. We found Franklin Place, and were pleased with it's smaller size (50 residents v.s. over 200 at Emeritus) Franklin Place is clean, affordable, friendly, and provides many activities in spite of it's smaller size. My mother is thrilled with this place and so is the family!

Communication is A Concern

They have done very well in getting him in there maintenance guy as well as staff very helpful. They have have made every effort to get him out and about and control the urine smell from his incontinence. The food is very good. There has been some communication regarding insulin pen felt it wasn't something they needed to help with until I talked to them. Resident was still asleep when sister came to pick up for doc appointment that I had told them about earlier.

We are really happy with them! They are a great place.

We are really happy with them! They are a great place. The staff is kind and thoughtful, it's kept very clean. We really are so happy. I give them a big thumbs up!! The food is good, the environment is perfect. We are very happy.

Remodeling

My mother-in-law was there. With her dementia it ended up not being the best fit for her. They were not set up with memory care to the extent that she needed. It's all about a personal fit. Even though it didn't work out for her, my husband's aunt is still with them. They had a flood during a bad storm and moved all the residents to a facility in Enumclaw while they do repairs. That was supposed to be two weeks but it's turned into two and a half months because they decided to do a remodel too.

At Franklin Place, our caring and devoted staff work to make each resident feel like family. We are located in beautiful Sumner, Washington just a short light rail ride south of Seattle. We are very close to downtown Sumner and about four miles west of Lake Tapps.

Sumner is a wonderful place to live, each year the city hosts events such as the Summer Arts Festival, live music in the park and everyone’s favorite, the Daffodil Grand Floral Parade. We provide transportation so that our residents may enjoy all of these exciting community events.

Our beautiful community includes spacious apartments, elegant common areas and an inviting dining room. All public and private spaces are designed to accommodate mobility devices and encourage socialization. Meals are served in our restaurant style dining room or can be delivered to an individual’s apartment upon request. Residents can partake in a variety of activities such as games, exercise classes, arts and crafts and special occasion parties. We also go out for afternoons at South Hill Mall, movies and other entertainment.

We offer varying levels of care and our caring staff can assist you with:

•Transportation to medical appointments
•Activities of daily living
•Managing medications
•Monitoring chronic conditions
•Home visits
•Housekeeping and laundry
•Respite care
•Immediate placement needs

Our apartments are comfortable for either individual or double occupancy and include many enjoyable amenities including:

•Private bathrooms
•Individually controlled heating & air conditioning
•Kitchenettes
•Storage space
•Pet friendly
•Built in safety features, including an emergency call system