Brookdale Foundation House - Federal Way, WA

Amazing staff, beautiful property,wonderful amenities, good price too! Very impressive! Thank you [Removed]!

Nice facility but no memory care available

My wife and I toured here when we were originally looking for a new place to live. They were very nice and at one point we were even thinking of moving in to one of their one bedroom apartments. However, they didn’t offer memory care which is something that my wife would eventually need. Just from what I remember seeing, it looked like they were keeping up with everything. We were able to try a meal there and the food was good. Overall, it wasn’t a bad place. We just didn’t choose them because of their lack of memory care available.

So far we are happy with our choice

Dad has only been at this community for a short time and so far things are going well. The staff are friendly and they have different levels of experience. The community is pleasant looking and is in a good location for us. He likes the food. I think they could plan a little better for the orientation of new residents.

Confusing administration!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and she actually really liked it and we ended up putting down a deposit. We ended up not being able to qualify for the extra assistance my mother was going to need and had to back out of the plan of moving in. I am just disappointed that it took multiple months for my mother to get her down deposit that she was promised back. I actually had to step in and put matters into my own hands because they where giving her the run around.

Everything is going fine!!

My loved one has recently made the moved into this community and at this point everything has been going just fine for him. Every time I speak to him he is always in good spirits and seems to be enjoying himself as best as possible.

Seeing Good Things

Overall the staff are taking good care of my mom and doing a good job. She is sleeping in a clean room, eating tasty meals, and getting involved with some activities. I would recommend this community to those I know who may need the help.

Frustrated

The hook was good but the follow up has been a disappointment. My mom has been a challenge but I have found that I have to do the conversation initiating,coordination of care etc. Once she was there, I feel lost. When I mentioned the promise of resident escorts for orientation, nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. Feeling frustrated but it has been 3wks. They threatened to throw her out after the first week despite knowing she has dementia. I know it's hard but feel like I'm free floating

Great Amenities!!

My mother is liking everything so far and is very pleased with how things have been going. The staff have been very helpful with getting her adjusted and acquainted with the other residents in her new living environment. She has been loving all of the food which is a huge plus for my family as well as the Sunday drives they take all of the residents on. Overall this is a great place and I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Gradual transition in the right direction.

My mother is starting to adjust at Brookdale Foundation House. She isn't getting involved in activities but they do pass out flyers so she knows what's going on. We chose Brookdale because it was very spacious, clean and seemed social when we toured.

This is a well run community

My only concern with this community is some of the charges they spring on you. The staff seem friendly. Mom is enjoying some of the daily activities offered. The community is clean and well taken care of. The food is excellent. I would recommend this community.

Caring Staff!!

The staff have done an excellent job on keeping the community well maintained and kept clean. They are also very attentive to my mothers needs and making sure she is comfortable and feels safe. The only complaint she has had was that the meals need improvement and change.

I have no complaints!!

There are a lot of activities for the residents to enjoy. The staff are great and very helpful. They are working with him as he has special dietary needs. The community has a nice layout and is kept clean. I would recommend this community.

It Was A Great Experience.

My aunt is no longer there but she was there for two weeks and during that time my aunt really liked it. The community seemed nice and they treated her great. I would like my aunt to live there permanently but she is concerned with the price if she moved in permanently.

Very Pretty Community!!

I went on a tour the staff was nice. It was very clean and up kept. I would recommend to family and friends depending if they like the location because it seems like its located downtown. There's a lot of activity around. Their is very high staff if your searching for more one on one care this is a good place.

My Family Is Impressed

This has been a very lovely experience for me here at this community. Everyone is very kind and helpful. I have nice big apartment that I love. My family is very impressed. Everything is working out very well.

What A Nice Place

My relative lives here at this community and so far she is doing great. She calls me all the time to let me know how happy she is. The staff are nice and respectful. The facility is kept clean. As far as meals, she had not complained so I assume it is good. I have no problems and it is good to hear my loved is doing well here.

I think this is going to be a good place.

I'm still just getting moved in but so far it's looking nice. I think this is going to be a good place.

MY AMAZING EXPERIENCE IN THE COMMUNITY

One sentence to summarize my experience here. " I Have not seen or experienced anything that I do not like in this community". From Director John who is a great story teller, to Jill (marketing) who makes sure that I am taken care of, as promised on my negotiation with her, to Dining (Melita, Sitang, Cheril, Jomaica, Duane, Ray and Oscar) who serves me delicious meals everyday. Special mention to Matt, Pedro and Paula who keep everything working and the environment clean. I also enjoy the Mixed and Mingle program withTina and Peggy doing a super job.

Comfort & Confidence Found!

A Place For Mom got us launched well into the investigative portion quickly. We did site visits and were so pleased each place welcomed us with open arms.
What sold us on Brookdale Foundation House was the friendliness of the staff and the residence. Everyone was happy which is a reflection of the over all operations. We are grateful we found an apartment that our Mom can just stay put over time and as her needs change the staffing will come to her rather than having to think about moving again. A great model that has brought us all comfort and confidence. Thank you a Place For Mom and Brookdale Foundation House!

We Like It A Lot

It is really clean and we like the place a lot. They do need to do a little pressure washing on the outside though. My loved one has not been there for too long, but so far everyone has been real friendly and they have good activities.

Disconnected Healthcare

Their healthcare seemed to be somewhat disconnected at times, but that was about the only thing I was unsatisfied with about the Brookdale Foundation House. I have no other complaints to make about the facility.

like everything

I love Brookdale Foundation House. I honestly like everything about the whole facility. I have gone there numerous times. Everything from the people that work there to the residents to the activities. I think it is going to be a great fit.

very pleased

I just love Brookdale Foundation House. My mother-in-law has dementia and is having trouble adjusting. She thinks she is luxury hotel because of the wonderful service they give. All the people that work there have been great. When they see her being disoriented or anything they call me and let me know. They are just really good. I am very pleased with this facility.

have had a couple issues

There was one instance where I called to check on mom and they did not know where she was at and could not find her, so that was a little concerning.

Some of the staff members are great, but some of them seem a little indifferent.

The grounds are very nice. The food is ok. Not exceptional, but not bad.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback with our management team.

It has been going good..

It has been going good. Everything is just fine. The food is very good. The inside of the facility is very nice. It's always clean. The friendliness is excellent. Everyone has been very friendly and welcoming. The staff is very helpful. They are willing to answer any questions. The value is good. The care services are excellent. I can't rate the activities because I haven't participated in them yet. Not applicable.

Shy mom....

When we interviewed with Patricia mother was very shy, so I expected more from the management to get her to open up.
I tried following up with the director Diane,but she has a hard time responding back to me.
I wouldn't say its a bad facility,just not a good fit for my mother.
She is currently there until we decide on what path to take for her living situation.
Over all its a good place,the staff is friendly and clean facility.

Happy with Foundation House

We moved my dad into Foundation House, under assisted living, in December of 2014. Overall we have been very happy with this facility. The staff is very caring and there are many opportunities to participate in activities and events. There are two dinning rooms with food available all day. He needed physical therapy at first and was able to receive it right there. He is now needing additional help with activities of daily living. The basic cost is somewhat reasonable, but the add-ons for additional care are quite pricey.

A New Apartment for Mom

Foundation House has a great staff. The Managers were very caring as well as the staff.
We were made to feel welcome right away on our first day of moving in. The facility is clean and homey. The decorations are up to date and fun.
I listened to several musical sessions that were put on for the quests (choir, keyboard and cello player).
Mom loved the food and care they took to prepare it just the way she needed it to be as she had special needs. She had moved into assisted living as she was having trouble making her own meals and was sometimes too tired to finish them.
I would recommend Foundation House for assisted living and nursing care.

Just knew

It seems like they have a lot of things going. The staff seems very caring. We were really happy with them. The could have been better. It was a really good value for the money. I just knew this was the right community for my loved one.

My appointment was for 3pm ...

My appointment was for 3pm and I arrived at 2:33pm. They had me sit down--and they would call me; I waited until pm and went back to the desk. Forgotten!!! No problem for me--I was able watch the interaction. It was like a little city busy busy and happy. Comfortable everyone new everyone. Old shoe! I want to go back for another visit!

It was good, It was a good transition.

It was good, It was a good transition. We had a couple lunches there and they were excellent there. It seemed really nice. It was very Clean.

Very elegant. Great staff. Good loc...

Very elegant. Great staff. Good location especially proximithy to Group Health. No Memory care

Foundation House is spread over 10 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in the heart of Federal Way and nestled in a quiet serene setting just minutes away from many Puget Sound scenic waterfront parks and lakes.  Foundation House  is close to major hospitals, medical centers, malls and restaurants.