Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup - Puyallup, WA

Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup - Puyallup, WA has yet not published prices.

No one was around when I went

I toured here when trying to find a place for my dad and it felt empty. I didn’t really see any residents in the lobby so it felt like no one wanted to socialize and the staff wasn’t really interacting with anyone. No one showed me around and I had to see the activities director. She was an assistant or something and she wasn’t able to answer any of my questions. I went on a Saturday, so I guess they don’t have anyone available. I don’t know if it was the wrong time of day, but there really wasn’t anyone out and about and doing things. The facility didn’t feel cozy. Everything looked clean but I couldn’t talk to any of the residents to see what they thought. I would’ve felt better if I could’ve done that.

Good fit for mom

Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup seems to be a good fit for my mom. I was happy they accept Medicaid, it will help out in the future. It is a very clean and well-kept community. The staff is friendly and does a good job of taking care of her.I have joined my mom for meals there and the food is good, with they offer a variety of choices, the meals seem well balanced. There are plenty of activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate. They offer a bus program to take the residents shopping and other appointments. There are nice walkways to enjoy the outdoors, seating available to relax and enjoy the company of other residents, or sit quietly and enjoy the surroundings. I would recommend this community to others.

A tour with care

We toured this community and liked the staff here. We wanted a community that was able to give us transportation when needed. We were happy with the staff and the care that was offered. We like the menu and the activity that would have been offered.

May be right for you

This community looked nice when we visited. The people I met were nice and knowledgable. They seem to offer some daily activities and pets are allowed. This community just did not feel like it would work for my loved one.

Do NOT put your parent here if they are house-bound.

Some staff are great, some are surly and should be fired.
Some concerns raised with management don't seem to be resolved long term. Separate departments seem to point fingers at each other. Good staff seem to disappear, apparently because of low pay &/or bad conditions. I love talking to the residents, they're the best part; first thing you'll notice when walking in is how friendly they are. Most I've talked to share a common disdain for those running the place. That's how I found out it took mgmt a whole year to get rid of one combative resident who assaulted others. Housekeeping says corporate won't fund some basic replacement items. No pendant batteries in stock. My parent probably gets worse treatment because unable to get around and speak to others. One assistant has such a defective personality she has to be shadowed by senior staff and STILL is unpleasant. Short-staffed: calls for assistance during meal times are greatly delayed. All this for >4,000 month. I'll have more to say after I get my parent out of there. If your parent can move around, participate in activities and likes the company of others, it's an OK place. Otherwise forget it. Sorry I sound bitter but boy were we fooled. Short of a lawsuit I don't expect them to change but if I can save one immobile parent from being abandoned here it will be worth it.

Need more training!

I would not go here if I had to. This place was not clean and it smelled very bad. The food was horrible and not fit to eat. The aides were not friendly at all. They need to have more inservice with their employees to teach them how to approach people. I saw on the tour that one of the residents asked three different nurse for help and not one stopped to help him.

Poor care!!

The marketing and sales staff along with administrators give a gleaming report of the facility when in fact there is no supervisor or manager after hours or on weekends and 60 plus residents are called for by a few aids. They say they are a 24 hour care facility but the building is designed for assisted living. No one can see into the rooms. Our loved one was shipped back to the hospital twice when he was a DNR, comfort care even thought the administrative staff promised he would not be.
They love your money, promise 24 hour care and they did not come through. Our loved one hadn't eaten or drank anything in 5 days and we were not notified until he fell and then they sent him to the hospital. No one takes ownership for the poor care given to our family members.

Staff needs improvement !!

The community overall is beautiful. The bedrooms are spacious and the bathrooms are convenient for my loved one. The staff needs a lot of improvement in organization and scheduling. My loved one has gone two days before without a shower because the aids had forgoten about her. They always seem to be very short staff as well .

A Pretty Fine Experience For Us Here

So far it has been a fine experience for my wife and I here with our move to this community. It is a nice looking community. It isn't home, but it is the next best thing. The staff is good, but I do think they are understaffed. There activities offered, they have a calendar with everything posted on it. They are working on improving the meals. This is a safe place for us. Everything has worked out pretty well for us here.

This is a very nice place!!

The staff seem polite and friendly. This community is a little far away for us. The community is clean and seemed great. They allow pets and offer a variety of activities.

Overall It is a very nice community!!

Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup is in a pretty environment. The rooms are nice and I am pleased with it. My dad is very particular about the food so he is not fond of it and I have not had a chance to try the food myself. The staff are good with him and very pleasant. They offer a lot of activities and he has taken part in the exercises. I would recommend.

Trying Many New Activities

So far everything is going well for my mother in law. She is still adjusting a bit, but we are pleased with this community. The community is well-kept and they keep her room very nice and clean. The staff has been great to work with. She is trying many new activities. The food is nice, she enjoys the meals. It has been a good experience and I would recommend it.

Nice place

My mother is doing great at Brookdale Courtyard! It was an adjustment and hard for her to give up her house, but she is doing good. The place is very nice and very clean. It is convenient for us to go and visit. The rooms are nice, the dining room is nice. It's an all around nice place. My mother is content with the food. The community does offer quite a bit of activities. The manager however is not the most friendly, that is the reason for the four rating on friendliness of the staff.
I also want to add that my Senior Advisor with A Place For Mom is awesome!

Nice property

Everything was wonderful but prices doubled when we got there. I still love the place but not happy that they were duplicitous.

so far happy with services

So far I am pretty happy with the services. No place is perfect. They assist with the laundry, that is the only care my mom receives at this moment.

Staff seems to care

The staff here really seems to care about the well-being of the patients. The building is clean and odor free. The nursing staff is excellent. Another thing they do well here is offer different levels of activities so that all the patients can be involved.

good overall

I think that Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup is going to be a good place for my mother, although there have been a couple of challenges. She has dementia and they know they need to work with her on that. There have been a few maintenance requests that have taken longer than it should be. Nothing I am too stressed or worried about, just a few minor inconveniences.

I think this is a great fit..location ideal...the one concern I had was that no one is posted at front door....anyone can go in and out

They are very accommodating and very eager to please.

They are very accommodating and very eager to please. They call everyone by their name. They are also very welcoming to visitors. The location and the food is good. The facility itself is very clean. The value is excellent. They offer a variety of activities. Everything has been going excellent. We haven't had any major issues or concerns at all. It has been going smoothly. I would recommend the Brookdale.

Do Your Research

My mother lived here for over 2 years. On a regular basis I heard how awful the food was, especially how salty. For someone on high blood pressure medication, that is not good. The housekeeping left something to be desired. On the surface it was okay, but when we moved her chair it was horrible. There was so much stuff crusted under it and about a dozen pills that she had dropped. I found bread pudding in the fridge that was 11 months old! A lot of the food in her cupboards was expired as well. Very unsafe for someone with a lot of health issues. I didn't live close so I couldn't keep track of these things. Sad that the staff didn't either. When my mom died I was called about a few days owing because the contract supposedly stated that after the room was cleared you had to pay for 5 more days. Three months later I hadn't received the bill I requested but instead got a phone call saying that it was going to be turned over to collections.

good until...

The overall experience was great up until we got to looking at the contract and the pricing, where things were not what we expected. At that point we had to look elsewhere and mom never ended up staying at Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup.

We toured here when looking around.

We toured here when looking around. I very much loved it! It's clean, and the staff is friendly. The care here was great as well. I also liked the fact that there were Japanese residents there, that are able to talk with my mom.

It's Good So Far

For us, it's a good thing. Right now I have no problems with what they're doing. The various doctors that my mom goes to have given very specific instructions and it all seems to be getting done. My mom seems to be settling in to the routine. There are lots of activities but my mom is like a hermit crab. I don't think she remember she can do certian things - she has dementia pretty bad - but there's lots of stuff to do.

My mom has only been there for a month and half so we're still in the settling in period. She's just moved into the apartment she'll be staying in. She seems to be quite happy about it now that we have pictures up on the wall - she says it feels homey. We're encouraged by that.

Good Community

This is a really good community with lots of potential to be even better. At first our loved one did not like the food but that seems to be getting better and they are no longer complaining. There were a few issues when we moved in but they seemed to be taken care of and the transition has been a lot smoother now. It is a good community that has very caring staff members. I would recommend this community to individuals who have time to make sure things are going smoothly in the beginning.

After our visit we were ver...

After our visit we were very pleased with the environment. My mom like it as well.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.