Brookdale Las Vegas - Las Vegas, NV

The property was clean, staff was friendly. The facilities were just okay, rather dated property.

Brookdale Las Vegas did a fantastic job of making my mom's life as comfortable as possible. The staff was very attentive and provided compassionate care for my mom her final hours. They helped her settle in and get the care and comfort she deserved. I want to thank everyone one who helped make it a smooth transition for us.

This place is very clean and well lit up most places are dark the employees are very friendly and the patients seem to be happy
I think if things work out this is wear we would like to place mom

My father's Care

The care at this community. The staff are nice and caring to the needs that are requred. the commuity is clean and enjoyed. We like the menu, but it might need some small improvements. They is always a activiity that is offer to the residents that want to participate with other. We would recommendthe care and the value of this community.

Great Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff and all of the residents where very welcoming and seemed to be happy in there living environment. They had a lot of great amenities as well as activities available all throughout the week. It was just not the right fit for my mother in the end decision.

Friendly Staff!!

i thought the staff at this community where very friendly and had a lot of great amenities to offer there residents. There building was nicely maintained and all of the rooms where kept very clean. The location was just not the right for my mom in the end decision.

Loved [Removed]. She was very knowledgeable and sweet. There isn't any open beds right now. I am visiting 3 tomorrow. Cost with room and care comes to around $3500.

I recommend everyone to consider Brookdale. . .

The first thing I observed when entering Brookdale Las Vegas was how bright, clean and openness, of the facility. The second, how everyone was courteous, helpful and kind. There is not only one person to go to for information they all are very knowledgeable and if they don't know the answer they will find it.

Not the right fit...

The Brookdale seemed like a good fit for my mother at first, but she needed a higher level of care. It was nothing on Brookdale's part, I believe they tried for the most part.

Restaurant quality food!

My father stayed here for respite care and it was great.The medical staff was wonderful. The food was the best part! I tried Cornish game hen while I was there with cabbage,which is something I don't normally eat and it was excellent. The chef also has meetings with the residents and asks them how he can improve. I would move here if I could!

My husband's care

I am really happy with the care that my husband is getting at this community. The staff are very nice and helpful. The community is clean. He is happy with the meals that are offered and the variety. They do offer him activities. I highly recommend this community to families for good care and value for their loved one.

Met with [Removed[ today, older community with small rooms and no kitchen.

Brookdale is Very nice. It's super clean and spacious. The food is excellent and a variety of choices. The staff is awesome , very caring and always helpful and smiling

My experience at Brookdale has been such a blessing to my uncle and myself. They have went to greatest extends to provide care and help for my uncle. My uncle's care has been the most important concern to them from day one, which isn't to other places that we have had to deal with through my uncle's journey with his assisted living and illness. There 1st concern is passionate care to there residents, which they have shown me so many times since my uncle became a resident here at Brookdale. My mind is at ease knowing my uncle is in the best of care that a family could one. I just want to say, Thank You Brookdale from the bottom of my heart for your concern's and the passionate care and love that you all have had for my uncle. When my uncle was in a skilled nursing facility, and found out that he was going to be getting discharged back to Brookdale a smile came upon his face that had not happen in a long time. So all that I can say is Thank God for Brookdale Assisted Living and there great staff here in Las Vegas, NV.

The staff are wonderful!!

My mom really enjoys living at Brookdale Las Vegas. The only complaint she has is that the food is not good. They have had a few changes with the chefs. The community is clean and we would recommend this community.

This place appears OK. The staff is very friendly. I did not see programs going on? The baseboards in the place was not very clean. At least it did not smell like urine

Horrible care, predatory pricing

Since Brookdale bought Emeritus assisted living (March 2014) the place has turned into a nightmare. My mother lived there for nearly four years (until Janury 2016). In the two years that Brookdale had owned the Las Vegas assisted living center there have been hundreds of complaints filed with the state health department (go on statistics.Health.nv.gov, you can see that the facility has had hundreds of deficiencies cited against them by the state). Between 3/2014 and Febrary 2016 there has been six different directors (all have been fired or left abruptly) so there is no continuity and zero response to family and resident complaints.

Last but not least Emeritus has a predatory pricing strategy. My moms rent increased from $1050/month to $1898/month in January 2016. On 11/7/2015 my mom signed a lease with a rate increase that put her rent at $1759. On 1/1/2016 she received a rent bill for $1898. When we called Emeritus they refused to provide a response and then charged her a $250 late rent charge for the rent stated in the lease (which she paid on 1/3/2016 for $1759).

She had no idea her rent had been increased to $1898 on 1/1/2016. We asked for a meeting with the director, Denuse, and she said that this was just how Emeritus works. A week later she was terminated. Brookdale is truly a predatory and disgraceful company that is preying on America's elderly. There is absolutely no national oversight being provided by the federal government to protect and help seniors living in assisted living centers.

Worst assisted living center in Las Vegas

The state has been at this facility three times in the past year. Brookdale is run by a huge for-profit company out of Nashville TN. There isn't enough food at meals, no specail diets (diabetic, etc.), and the staff turn over is constant. Very depressing and sad place. Do not go here if you have any other choice.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. Please contact us at familyconnection[at]brookdale[dot][com] to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Not a good experience

Our experience here was not a good one. My Mom just never really settled in and did not like it here. I also had issues with their administrative staff. My bill kept having charges for services that they did not perform, and I could never get in touch with anyone when I tried to call, or get anyone to return my calls.

not a good experience

Mom mom was doing really good when we first brought her in, but about a month into it there was a lady who thought my mom was her mom and was very mean to her. There were also some terrible accusations made against my mother that I am not sure were true.

I don't think the place was run right. What they would say and what they would do were very different.

I have my mother in a different place now and where she is now we have had no issues and things are going well.

Excellent respite care

We used Emeritus at Las Vegas for some brief respite care for my loved one, and overall I thought they did a very good job! They made both our loved one as well as the rest of our family feel very welcome! The facility itself was beautiful, and they take great care of the people who live here! We had the chance to eat a meal here, and we were impressed with the food as well! We did run into a bit of trouble, we had scheduled her an appointment with the hair dresser here, since we were taking a family photo that afternoon, and the appointment never ended up happening. I've also attempted to contact them a few times after she left to see how they handled her daily routine, just for our information on how to better care for her at home, and they haven't ever gotten back to us. But overall, in terms of the care they provide and the facility, Emeritus at Las Vegas is wonderful and we had a great experience with them!

I think this will be a great place for my dad

I called and met with Evette and Jennifer at The Plaza in LV. Both were very friendly, Jennifer gave me the tour and explained how things flow at the residence.

I think this will be a great place for my dad.

very friendly

The people at Emeritus at Las Vegas are incredibly friendly and approachable. Overall it has been a very good experience.

There was one issue we had where we suspect that one of the caregivers was [removed] from dad as every time this particular caregiver came in dad would have a little less cash. Emeritus did take our word for it and refunded the money, so that is commendable, but it was a bit concerning to see that happening.

Also, the place is pretty clean overall, but I do think dad's room could be kept a little cleaner.

This appears to be a nice f...

This appears to be a nice facility with a good location in Las Vegas. My tour contact, Julie, did not make the meeting and I have not heard from her with regard to follow-up (pricing, etc). Bertha, probably a head med-tech was kind enough to give me a thorough tour of the facility (Many thanks!). The Quality/Service Survey appeared to be an A with all client/customer issues resolved. Staff appeared to be friendly and residents were talkative and active from my obvservations.

Memory care only - too social.

Memory care only - too social.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.