I would recommend Brookdale Joliet Assisted Living!!

Some of the nurses at this community are really good, however they do have some newer ones that I feel could use a little more training. The food is pretty good and this is a clean healthy community for my mom.

We like it a lot. It's very good it's a very nice spot.

We like it a lot. It's very good it's a very nice spot. She is really enjoying herself out there. She really likes the food and the staff. The other residents seem to be very friendly. They were our first choice. They were pretty competitively priced to others. We like that there is a doctor that comes into the facility, he is there a couple of times a week. They are right on top of everything and we couldn't be happier.

Review of Brookdale Joliet Assisted Living - Joliet, IL

I absolutely loved Brookdale. The rooms are AMAZING. Only place we toured with granite countertops and new cabinets FULL size fridge. Just amazing. However my mom was put off by what she felt would be overly intrusive input on her daily activities. That was one thing I liked - the security that they would keep a closer eye on mom so she didn t wander off without someone knowing - but Mom disagreed. I also like that their community is a little smaller than others. Their location is convenient to library hospitals doctors and lots of nature around the building for walks sunshine etc. I will definitely consider Brookdale for Mom if her care needs change and I d recommend them to anyone else looking. Only negative I had was a personal concern of a slight incline in one section on the main floor walkway which might cause walking challenges without assistance at some point. It was a building design issue not anything intentional. When I asked the staff about it they said if it was ever an issue someone would always help mom navigate the incline

I would reccommend a tour.

The nursing/support staff are very caring and accommodating. Management is also very helpful. The food is excellent.

quicker doctor appointments

They need quicker doctor appointments. We're having a hard time getting her into a doctor they work with. They need improvement there.

The people here were really friendly.

Brookdale was very nice. The people here were really friendly. My loved one passed away, but they were wonderful while we were there. We had no complaints about the facility or the care at all.

It was a while before I got things the way they should be according to what we were paying for.

Horrid Care

My grandfather was a resident in the Alzheimer's and Dementia Unit for about three weeks. Aside from their sales tactics of "baiting and switching" our family with faulty promises of the services they would provide, their care was inexplicably horrid. Immediately after my grandfather was admitted his medications were changed drastically and he was administered a heavy amount of anti-psychotic medications. The resident doctor, Dr. Karim Tourk claimed, "it was in order to handle him". However, this was a result of how they deal with all their patients- heavily medicate them so they can all be managed easily as a whole. [removed] There were no signs of good personalized care. There were a select few of individuals that seemed like they enjoyed their job and cared for the patients, while the majority were their because it was a form of income. As a result, my grandfather [removed] The facility usually smelled like urine as well.
I have had two other grandparents receive exceptional care from facilities that may have not looked as nice but the care was personalized and genuine. The big price tag does not correlate to good care.

When Independence Needs Helping Hands

Mom started having short-term memory issues about three years ago. We moved her from out of state to an independent living facility, which all of us loved. However, she needed additional services on a daily basis. We tried using a home health agency for two checks per day, but it just did not work out well. Finally, we decided it was time to move her to a facility that was set up to provide almost any service she would need -- both now and in the foreseeable future. We chose Brookdale ... and are very pleased. The facility is pleasant, and the staff is friendly and caring. Her new MD comes by weekly, and Brookdale even provides physical therapy services onsite when needed. Nurses administer not only medications, but also supplements.

Brookdale is much better than we expected!

Our family really struggled with the decision of transferring our family member from her own apartment to assistant living. We thought we could serve her needs by stopping there daily with meals etc. but it wasn't enough as she got thinner and more withdrawn socially.
I am happy to say that she has transitioned beautifully there.Her one bedroom apartment there, is So nice & the girls(staff) come and get her for 3 meals a day so she is back to her normal weight again. She has made new friends, and seems socially stimulated again.
Her happiness is ours.

very good

Overall they have done things pretty well. The only thing that I had a problem with is how long it took them to get her a family doctor through the facility. That process took longer than it should have, and even right now I am not sure who her doctor is.

Other than that everything has been good. It is a very nice place with very helpful friendly staff.

The residents seem happy there

The Brookdale Joliet Assisted Living is a nice facility. The residents seem happy there. The value is pretty good. Everything has been going well.

So far they aren't doing too bad.

So far they aren't doing too bad. Everyone is very friendly. I don't seem to have a problem with anything. It would be nice to see a weekly cleaning for the furniture. The food must be delicious, she has gained weight since she has been there, and always cleans her plate.

She absolutely loves it.

She absolutely loves it. The food is wonderful, and she has made friends there. She participates in the games and the activities. Everything there is wonderful.

Overall experience was great

The community is very clean and the staff and residents are friendly. The food is good and plentiful, my mom has not needed to be driven anywhere, the community as a van if she needs to be driven to a doctor appointment. It did take a long time to get some medication needed to help transition her in the move, though the overall experience so far is great.

Mistakes with care services are the biggest concerns.

It's pretty clean, and the staff is very friendly. They need more activities. Our biggest concern are with mistakes we have seen with their care services. We have caught medication mistakes a couple of times, after which we decided our loved one can do their medication themselves. When I asked for the medication bottles back, we got back a bottle of medication that belonged to someone else, there was a mix up. We also had a problem with mail being opened, and there was some mail missing. The food is really good. We really liked Lindsay when we were first looking around and choosing, but once you are in you don't really see her again.

Amazing staff!

Things have gone well with Emeritus at Joliet, I'd give them top marks across the board! It's a nice looking facility, and the staff have all been amazing! They seem a little understaffed, but the people they do have are great! We've got now complaints about the care and services they offer!

Outstanding Facility

My Mom and I are both grateful for and extremely impressed by Emeritus in Joliet. My Mom's room was on the 2nd floor which didn't seem to get the same great care services as the 1st floor. The staff at Emeritus was great. This includes the Director, nursing, aides, kitchen staff, servers, maintenance and most definitely, the Activities Director. My Mom's room was welcoming and comfortable and bright. The staff made it a pleasure for me to go to visit my Mom. I would have some meals with my Mom. The kitchen staff and servers would always welcome me and set a separate table for us. The only reason we had to move from Emeritus is financial. My Mom was running out of funds. She has to go on Medicaid and Medicaid was not available at Emeritus.

liked but clientele much mo...

liked but clientele much more needy than af

My loved one was here for a short tim...

My loved one was here for a short time. The staff was inadequate. The family agreed that this was a negetive experience. We were paying a substantial amount of money for a small room. It took the staff 45 minutes to come and assist my loved one when he needed it. I asked how many staff members they had, and they had 2 people for the whole weekend. For a place that has 60-70 residents, 2 staff members are not enough. I know that they are traded on the NY Stock Exchange, and it seems that they are more business oriented than others.

They were clean and they're rates were comparable,

They were clean and they're rates were comparable, they were in a good location for us. We also liked that they had a full size refridgerator in the rooms. We wrote a check to move her in, but she never even made it one night. I was very disappointed. We never moved in, and were no longer eligible for the same thing we had put a deposit down for. We had to push the issue to get the deposit back and that was disappointing as well, though we did get it back.

Much like a nursing home du...

Much like a nursing home due to having all the different levels of care . This might be a consideration down the road.

Looked very nice

We looked into this location for our loved one, and everything looked very nice during the tour. Unfortunately our loved one decided she did not want to move this far north, so this ended up not being an option for us.

Good Community

The food is not bad but could be a little better, other then that I have nothing but positive things to say about Emeritus. Everyone here was just very nice and very helpful. I would recommend this community to anyone.

pros: Close to home, smaller fac...

pros: Close to home, smaller facility cons: smaller apt., not sure about management?, felt "a hard sell" to choose their facility

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.