The Cottages of New Lenox - New Lenox, IL

At The Cottages of New Lenox, we provide Assisted Living and Memory Care services to residents and their families. Our programs encourage independence, preserve dignity, and create moments of joy. Our services include personalized care plans, health care coordination, life enrichment programming, an in-house Chef who creates delicious menu selections, and the expert staff to aid in settling our residents comfortably into their new home.

Located on a beautiful campus, the unique layout of The Cottages of New Lenox was carefully considered to resemble a single-family home similar to that in which most residents have lived nearly all of their lives.

Being in a warm and comfortable yet specialized environment allows residents to thrive to the best of their abilities. From cozy rooms, to peaceful gardens and home-cooked meals, you have peace of mind knowing your loved one is at a home away from home

Very unique community

I toured this facility with my family while looking for a place for my Dad. It’s a beautiful community and privately owned, which is something I liked. However, it isn’t just one big facility but rather a lot of little cottages. I could see the potential and positives but I didn’t think it was the right fit for my Dad. There is a common area, like a big courtyard, but everyone eats individually and each cottage comes with its own kitchen. It was a very modern type of cottage where everything was made up of black granite and white cabinets, but Dad was used to living on a farm in a country setting so it felt like too big of a change for him. A few negatives were that they wouldn’t accept his dog and wouldn’t allow him to smoke. Ultimately, it didn’t fit the needs my Dad had, but I’ve already told my own kids to bring me here when it’s time for me to move in somewhere.

Jeffrey Ory

Thank you so much for the kind words and the 5-star review. While some of our activities and policies might not be a match for your Dad now, know we are always here at the Cottages to help if needed.

Residential care

Things were a little rocky when my parents first moved in but they are settling down now. Management here has been very good to work with as are the staff who are attentive to my parents. They are in a very nice cottage with 4-6 other residents. Mom is in a wheel chair and dad uses a walker, and there is plenty of room for them to move around in the room. The staff has been great at keeping me informed about any issues. My parents now use the resident doctor, which is easier to coordinate and monitor their meds. They are working on getting on site PT for them as well. They keep my parents busy and my dad says he even likes the food. I think this home type setting is working well for my parents.

Jeffrey Ory

Thank you for your 4-star review and the kind words about The Cottages of New Lenox. As you know we apologize for any issues we had at the start and are glad that we have a place for Mom and Dad that they enjoy. Overall, as our mission states, we want to preserve our residents legacies one resident at a time. We work hard to make sure each resident feels like they are home in our community. Thank you again for the kind word, we do appreciate it!

Care and Communication

This is an outstanding community for good care. The staff is very caring. We like the menu of the healthy meals. They offer her a lot of nice activities for her to participate indoors. The community is clean and well maintained. We would highly recommend this community. We like the nurses and they communicate with me very well.

Care for family

We toured this community. We found the community to be older than what we were looking for. The room was not what we wanted for my dad. The rooms were separate and outdoor setting. This is a closer location, but not what we wanted at this time. We would recommend this community highly to other families for good care and the value of a loved one.

Pretty Good Tour of This Community

I had a pretty good tour of this community. The community appeared to be neat, and clean. The staff was friendly to my family, and myself. The experience was a good one, but this wasn't the place for my father, and his needs.

Starting Out Good

I liked the size of the community and felt it has more of a homey feeling than the other larger facilities and easier to maneuver through. All the staff are very nice and pleasant with me and dad. He was cooking for himself and likes that someone else is making his meals. He says it is good and had to get accustomed to the large meals for lunch. They do a nice job keeping the community and rooms clean. My dad participates in some of the many activities they offer. It's been 2 month and in the beginning he had minor complaints but he is happy and wanted to move in.

Needs Improvement!!

I was not very impressed with this community during my tour. The staff was very knowledgeable and kind, however the cleanliness of this place is seriously lacking. The bedrooms did not seem like housekeeping has been in there in a while and it was very messy throughout the entire building. They could use some updating and lots of improvement in there facility.

memory and mom

Mom was a resident of the cottages until recently. The place is clean and the grounds well cared for and attractive. What is of great concern is the administration changing four times in a year. You never knew who was in charge. Each one had their own way of following the guidelines.
The help inadequate and changed so often there was no consistency. The few we could get to know were caring individuals but others changed every time we visited.
We were told that if mom needed more help they would move her to a cottage with more care. That is not true. They asked her to leave as she needed more care. Of course, they kept her initial one time only fee of $2,500.00 entry fee.

91 and counting

I find it to be clean, and most staff is friendly (however the change over is incredible, including the management. It has changed 4 times in 3 years). The value is probably about the same as other places like this. They have an activities schedule and it seems good, but I have no point of reference because my mother has no interest in any activities, of course she is 91.
I do like the grounds and the fact that the five buildings are all stand alone ranch style. There are 16 rooms in each building and they all have their own dining room/activities center, kitchen and frontroom. No place is going to be 100% great however, my mother seems to be quite content here.

I get treated very well. Overall, I love it.

wonderful people

The process that we went through to get dad in there was very straight-forward and with no issues.

Dad has stage four dementia, and for someone at that stage of dementia going into a new place is frightening, but the people at The Cottages of New Lenox were very understanding and did everything possible to accomidate.

NIce memory care facility

This Memory Care facility seems to be very good for the senior who has only memory issues. Unfortunatly Dad has Parkinsons and low blood pressure issues that they were not really equiped to handle so we had to find another facility with more medical staff for his long term chare.

beware of complications

Unfortunately this was not the right place for Dad since his Parkinsons and low blood pressure have caused complications - for a memory care only resident it is great but they are not equipped to handle more complicated issues

No activities not enough food, unsanitary bathrooms

The memory care residents sat all day doing nothing. There were no activities or social outings. The bathrooms never got cleaned. There was feces and urine on the bathroom walls, toilets, sinks, floors, and the carpets were all stained.

The residents did not get enough to eat. Soup and salad for dinner is not enough.

dirty place... dirty rooms, carpets and baths

dirty, dirty, dirty the resident rooms and bathrooms are filthy

The food is awful

Very disappointing

We were disappointed with this community. The building that was designed for memory – but the ones that were of higher acuity didn’t get enough attention.

Building smelled like urine. There was a very high turnover of staff. The directory of the facility had only been a few months told us it was best – but to put our mom in the facility and not to tell her where she was going and not have any contact with her for ten days to let her ‘acclimatize’.

Very helpful and knowledgeable staff

Unfortunately my loved one passed before we were able to get her moved in, but based on what we saw during the tour and how helpful they were when we were signing up I have nothing bad to say about Encore Senior Village. They were so kind and so helpful when we were arranging things for our loved one, they did a lot of work coordinating things between the hospital and the rehab facility she was in. I'd definitely choose them again if we had another loved one in need of care!

There are a couple of things I am disappointed in.

There are a couple of things I am disappointed in. We are there for memory care, they told me they never use psychotropic drugs, after speaking with the doctor, that's not true. The food is very high in carbohydrates with not much protein in it. As far as the staff is concerned, at first, there were some people left over from the old management that were good, and now there seems to be a bit of a turnover. They used to be Paradise and now they have new management as Encore, and they still have a ways to go to get the program together. I like the grounds, they have very nice grounds, and it's fenced so it's secure. Where we were before there was no fence so there was always a concern about memory care residents sneaking out. They seemed to have the attitude that it's not good to have a lot of medication, and that was very important to me.

Impressions of Encore Senior Village at New Lenox

We placed my Dad there for respite care in October and we very pleased and satisfied with the care he received. The staff is very caring and really care and made this difficult time easier. After bring Dad back home with in home care it became clear we could no longer take care of him at home. He suffers from Alzheimer's and it is steadily progressing. Because of this we admitted him for permanent care. Once again the staff could not have been nicer and more supportive. The staff and Directors are very professional and caring which is important when you are leaving a loved one in someone else's care. I would highly recommend this facility for senior and memory care.

Nurses were awesome, not happy with the director

I love the place, it's not really appropriate for me to rate the activities because I took my aunt there for respite and day care.
My aunt liked it there and the staff is wonderful, they could improve on communication with administration and the staff, it doesn't seem like they talk to one another.
I liked it because of the staff and the presentation, although I can tell you I wasn't very happy with the director. She put on a good front in the beginning, but later on she wasn't very responsible. She didn't respond to my calls and she didn't return my requests to talk to her, so that was disappointing.
If it wasn't for Jen I would have stopped going there, she was wonderful and also Sue, she was awesome too, but I was very disappointed with the administrator.

Dad and I thought this was ...

Dad and I thought this was a a very nice facility. I had heard good things about it from friends and we agree.