Rock Run Place - Assisted Living - Joliet, IL

Rock Run Place - Assisted Living - Joliet, IL has yet not published prices.

Don't do it

Only gave one star, because we had to . We moved Mom out after 4 months, wouldn,t let my worst enemy stay there.

Horrible place to live

First I want to start off by saying this community was fine a few months ago. Now the moral is disgusting. Im thinking it has to do with the new executive director. I understand that all communities have their challenges but this is getting out of control. To this new guy is horrible he accuses people of owing money when they actually have a credit. He just don't care it's all about the money for him. How do you care about the money when you have no staff in the building. Multiple residents in the front yelling for help. Soaking wet mattresses and clothes. But yet you want my five grand a month. I suggest you put your loved one else where. It won't change until his arrogant money hungry ass is gone.

Rock Run Place Feels Like HOME!

[Name removed] went above and beyond for our family. We were very unsure about the process of moving into a community but she listened to our questions, took the time to answer us and give us suggestions. She even went as far as to give us a wonderful list of questions to ask other facilities when we toured. I could tell she cared about the residents and families. Next, the community is very home-like. You walk in and feel at peace. When we toured, the staff introduced themselves and asked if they could get us anything. They were playing Bingo. I had toured other communities before and saw residents just sitting and not being engaged-the overall feeling here is just different. I can tell the staff truly cares and that is what I love most. So happy to have my mother belong to the Rock Run Group!! Thank you to all of the managers, CNA's, dining, etc. who have made my mother feel at home in such a short time. You are family to us now.

Rock Run Place is Home

My grandmother moved into Rock Run Place over the summer and I am happy to report that she is loving life in this community. She has made so many friends and the staff is very loving! This was a very hard decision to make in my family and we definitely feel like we made the right choice. The community immediately feels like home when you enter.

Changes Again And Not For The Better

We put my mom at Rock Run back when it was under Brookdale. [Name removed] was wonderful and instrumental in helping us with this transition. It was hard for my sisters and myself as the guilt was overwhelming, but [Name removed] helped ever step of the way.

I only get to visit once every few months due to living in another state , but I came Labor Day weekend and was floored at the staff and yet again more changes. There was a new nursing director I did not get the chance to meet. There were only two CNAs I recognized and the entire staff was different.

My mom was tired after lunch so her CNA took her back to her room after we waited for assistance after 40 minutes. Finally I took mom myself. In that time she had an accident which ruined her demeanor and still no help, finally one of the regular CNAs came to assist. She apologized for taking so long but that there were only 2 CNAs working. I was shocked, it’s a weekend people are visiting families and only 2 CNA members on a afternoon shift? She said staff just come late or not at all.

I was a bit upset that there were no activities going on. It was a holiday weekend and a dozen or so of the residents were just sitting on the front patio. Most of them smoking that mixed with the heat did not make for a great visit.

The CNA came out to sit with us, she proceeded to talk about how many hours a week she puts in, she’s tired and she expressed her disenchantment with the job. She went on and on with information I personally don’t think should have been shared with family members but it was clear she needed to vent. With that I added that my mom’s room and bathroom were pure filthy. My sister usually has to come in and clean it . She commented that the CNA don’t clean rooms or bathrooms but that the cleaning staff do it and they are all gone by 2-230 during the week and maybe one there on the weekend .

Needless to say I was very unhappy with my visit. My sisters had reported similar incidents so obviously lack of staff is hindering the care. I told the CNA I would be back to speak with the nursing director and the Executive Director regarding my observations and complaints. She proceeded to tell me the ED I asked for and am use to and had good conversations on issues in the past that she tended to immediately and rectified was gone no longer there. I was floored she was the one we knew all that time. It was a small detail my sisters forgot to share.

Needless to say we are looking at new options. Instead of having your staff tell family members they are short staffed or there are only 2 on the shift, maybe you should hire more staff. The company is sure not shy about charging for these services obviously we are not receiving,

With all the changes, not positive in our eyes and a price increase again on the horizon this place is no longer worth it. We toured a few places and sad to say they had nothing good to say about this community. Time to move on. It’s unfortunate the one it will effect will be our mom,

Great staff and place!

My mom loves it here. Everyone is friendly. They keep everything clean! No unusual smells. The staff made the transition for her so easy! From admissions to the nurses, everyone was accomadating. If she or I have any needs or wants, they have delivered! I never see any resident waiting for help or looking unhappy. The executive director reached out to me personally to make sure everything was ok. This was a hard thing for us but Rock Run made it go smoothly!

Grateful!!

I'm very Grateful to have found Rock Run Place. After months of searching and touring many other facilities, I did one more search because I wasn't sure. I'm glad I did. The Folks at Rock Run Place have been nothing but Amazing since day one. Every question answered and every worry settled. Mom has acclamated beautifully and made great friends. The facility itself is easy to get around and very well maintained. Also, the medical staff is very attentive to the residents which is incredibly important when dealing with multiple health issues. I couldn't be more pleased with our choice. I'm sure the other places we saw we're fine but Rock Run Place was the Perfect choice for our family.

After touring numerous facilities for my loved one, it was such a relief to find Rock Run. They were concerned about his well being and needs from day one. They went above and beyond to help us make a smooth transition. The staff are wonderful. I would definitely recommend Rock Run.

Nice place

The staff is very friendly and very clean. They have a great view from the dining room. My mom likes the staff and residents. They could use more aides though.

Nice staff and good food

My Dad was living here once before and was able to live on his own for about 3 years before coming back. We toured a few places before making the final decision to move him in but we both love that it’s close to where I live and they seem to be really caring. The staff is very easy to communicate with and they’re very helpful when/if they find out there is a problem. The food is pretty good from what I’ve tried and my dad says he likes it. They keep everything nice and clean. They have activities like bingo, scenic bus tours, and they’ll do trips to Walmart and sometimes the library. It can be a little on the expensive side, but they seem to be really taking care of my dad and everyone seems nice. I would recommend it here.

Helpful Caregivers!!

I have no complaints of how thing are going for my loved one since she made the move into this community. The staff have been very helpful and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving while shes been there. She has had no issues with the meals and participates in some of the activities that she is able to. I just do not like that they keep raising the rent on us. She has only been there two months and it has already been raised.

5 stars

The caretakers at this community are simply the best.

Seeing a Good Community

My mom seems happy with Rock Run Place and the experience is working it out. She is still trying to get use to the community. We have taken her down to the meals and to a bingo game. It all looked pretty good to me.

Thank You, Rock Run Place!

Making the decision to move my mom into an Assisted Living Community was one of the hardest things. Rock Run Place made this transition so easy for me and I am so thankful for that. My mom is thriving there and I feel like I really made the best decision for her. The staff is engaging and compassionate and really care! I will definitely be referring my friends who are going through this same kind of thing with their parents.

Fair to Poor

My uncle was moved her from another facility to Rock Run last May 2016. He was there through October. It was very sad to see the difference in the staff and environment. We were there for the change in management and it seemed to decline.

In stark contrast to his previous memory care facility, there was no engagement with the elderly. I had an opportunity to witness this first-hand because I where there for a week (two overnights as well) while he was dying. Every day the elderly people were lined up in front of the nurses desk where they sat all day facing the staff. I never saw him or other patients engaged or in another other area except lined up in front of the tv. Easy for the staff but brutal for the elderly

The air conditioning was extremely cold. I found my uncle sitting in his like this on several occasions. I asked for him to have his blanket and sweater put on (I had it written in his chart) because he was sitting there cold in a tshirt and socks. Our hospice nurse suggested we have this written into his orders to ensure he wasn't left like this in the future.

So what are the staff doing? The staff supervise from the main nurses station. On several occasions I arrived to hear the TV very loud in the other room. The staff had it that way so that they could here it from their desk. The tv stations were meant for them and not the elderly (i.e. [Removed]). The staff were kind and most seemed to care but they were just going through the motions because they are understaffed. This facility has changed hands several times in a short period so that could be the reason for their lack of connection to the elderly.

The evenings look more like a treatment center and less like a home. A supervisor needs to check in periodically at odd hours. There is very little care going on and lack of respect for patients.

During the night, one of the nurses came in to the bathroom to find some diapers for another patient. Her phone was clipped to her waste playing music very loudly. It was so difficult to lay there next to my dying loved one with such lack of consideration. I wanted him to have peace.

Although my uncle was bound to a wheelchair, there are many vibrant and mobile elderly there. I suggest creating some centers or stations that they can engage in. The facility is poorly used and set up. Lots of wasted space. It isn't "elderly-centered".Why not create spaces for them to role play or reminisce? i,e, music from their past, put a baby in a crib with a changing table, a laundry station where they can fold clothes and put in a basket, tools that are safe, card tables, checkers tables, etc. Once a week outside people come in to play the organ and they love it.

The outside of the facility is clearly not used. Why can't they make a garden or be taken out to see the bird nests? When I was there I wheeled my uncle out and showed him the birds nest. His words to me were, "isn't God glorious, look at those birds." He had dementia but that short trip outside had meaning. I hate to complain but it is hard to not say something.

Since he passed, I have found myself thinking of those people sitting there planted in the same place day after day. I am hoping that my feedback will prompt more supervision and a change or service. Thank you.

Enlivant Representative

Thank you for the feedback you provided. As you mentioned, the community changed ownership to Enlivant with the effective date of August 31st. Ownership changes can create unavoidable dynamics such as staff turnover and cultural shifts. We are very pleased with the substantial progress the team has made at Rock Run Place in both assisted living and memory care. Both communities have new leadership at the Executive Director and Clinical level as well as new life enrichment and memory care support. We welcome the opportunity to have you visit Rock Run and meet these new team members so you can know, with confidence, that the team is taking great care of each and every resident as we continue to enhance our services. Please call our Regional Director of Operations at [removed] if we can assist you.

The perfect place!

I was able to take a tour of this community and I thought that they were great and very helpful with any thing that I had questions with. I feel like my loved one would be safe here. The only reason why my loved one did not go was because they are a little far from where I am.

Beware

Please be aware that this facility in Joliet has changed owners 3 times in approximately 16 months. I have had a loved one in the dementia facility. With each change in ownership there is turnover in staff and periodic understaffing which I feel greatly affects standard of care.

Enlivant Representative

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry to hear about your poor experience. Will you please call our Regional Director of Operations at [removed] to discuss your concerns further?