Sunrise at Oakland Hills - Oakland, CA

Community & Location Highlights:

• Conveniently located in a beautiful, safe residential neighborhood in the Oakland Hills
• Multiple nurses on staff to manage resident well-being and complex medical situations
• Accommodate many couples who want to stay together but have different care needs
• Higher percentage of male residents than most senior communities
• Minutes from Summit, Alta Bates and Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
• Panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay
• Adjacent to parks, green spaces and a pool, perfect for walks and recreation

Step into Sunrise of Oakland Hills and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas, recently remodeled bistro and exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. We offer a choice of suites, all with a kitchenette, private bathroom and shower and many with Bay views.

Our beautifully decorated mansion-style home has three stories—assisted living is on the first and second stories, with our secured Reminiscence Neighborhood located on the terrace level with a walking path and direct garden access. We are comprised of an experienced, dedicated and tenured team focused on the happiness of our residents. Many members of our team have been with us since our opening and our Executive Director was recently recognized as the best in the Western Region out of 65 communities.

Our designated care managers are specially trained to carry out each resident’s individualized service plan, while our dedicated culinary, housekeeping and activities teams ensure that life here is full of loving care. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our house dog, Kiki, enjoying our walking path with our residents. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family to Sunrise of Oakland Hills!

A good experience!

My loved one had a good experience at Sunrise at Oakland Hills. For the most part, the staff did a great job while he was there and they took good care of him. He decided to move out because it was just not where he wanted to be, but he did not have a bad experience at Sunrise.

The task of choosing an assisted living facility for one’s parent is an awesome responsibility and can be very traumatic. Therefore, I find it imperative that I write a review of Sunrise Oakland Hills so you know it is one of the best elder care places in the East Bay.

The staff of Sunrise Oakland Hills is amazing. From the very beginning Cheryl, the Director of Sales, made us feel welcome and was so friendly to our family. Most notable is that she maintains her relationship with the families during their whole stay, not just until you “sign up”. The leadership team is always available to me and communicates regularly, especially Justyne the nurse, Graciella the Assisted Living Coordinator and my dad’s primary Care Manager Marcella. It is a well-organized place with protocol in place for every situation.
Their staff training is outstanding, including for their volunteers. Respect for their residents is primary, but additionally every staff member is full of love, patience, kindness, thoughtfulness, compassion and enthusiasm.

The affection they all show to my 101 year old dad warms my heart and makes me feel confident that he’s in the perfect place, even though he’s far away from me. I may only be able to visit once a month, but in between I know that he’s being well taken care of and treated with the upmost respect. I am so appreciative of everything the care managers do for him: repeating themselves until he hears and understands, spending time sitting with him
and letting him tell stories of his past (his greatest pleasure, long before his dementia began), encouraging him to be as independent as possible by doing as much for himself as reasonable, knowing what he prefers to eat and never hurrying him when he takes a long time to finish, checking on him often to be sure he hasn’t fallen, making sure he is shaven, clean and well dressed, etc etc etc.

Knowing my dad is safe and that his twilight years are the best they can be means the world to me. I feel like he is respected for the awesome man he is, even though his true “self” is now somewhat hidden. It seems like the Sunrise staff recognizes what an amazing man he is, full of integrity, intelligence, tolerance, open-mindedness, humor and love. I highly recommend you consider Sunrise Oakland Hills when it is time for you to make this heart-wrenching decision.

Had a wonderful tour, and had planned to bring my parents in for a "trial run" for a permanent stay. However, at some point the sales associate who gave me the tour disappeared, and was replaced by a terrible woman who was rude, dismissive and said they didn't do respite care after all. I am so disappointed, as this place seemed like a slam-dunk for my parents.

Sunrise Senior Living

Knowledgeable Staff !!

The meals that they where serving during our tour looked delightful and the residents seemed happy. The community was kept clean and had many beautiful features.I have no complaints about our tour and would defiantly recommend this place to any family or relatives.

love the home feeling

I like the overall home feeling you get when going to the facility. The staff is also friendly. I like how the staff is with your loved one, they seem to really care about them.

cant say enough good

We are very pleased with how they are taking care of my father-in-law at Sunrise at Oakland Hills. We aren't able to visit to often due to where we live but we we do visit we walk in and staff knows us immediately. They assign certain staff members to the residents. So you know who is working with them. This facility is run extremely well. It was a hard transition for my father-in-law but he has adapted so well. He is very happy there and the views are incredible at this facility. What is beautiful about this facility is the homeyness of it. The architectural design is so cozy and it is appointed so beautifully. The only thing is the layout of plugs in the room, there is only one plug in the center of the wall. Also the bathroom doors can clash with the room door. But these are such very minor things. Overall I just cant say enough good things about this facility!

Fantastic residence, residents appear to be well cared for..the property is well maintained and the stall to resident ratio seems to be very good. My tour was extensive, Dana was informative and answered all my questions before I ask them. Many activities, good food and an animal friendly community. Memory care unit was clean, comfortable and no one left alone. Staff managed to keep residents engaged.
This community has the priciest move in fee of my recent community tours. The apartments seem a little larger and some have fantastic views. May be priced out of range I'm working with. It has not been ruled out yet.

Great care, a beautiful retreat

My mother's nurse and care needs became too great for her at home, and when she was discharged from a local skilled nursing facility we decided to find someplace that had a good, high level of nursing staff and hands-on care while also offering a retreat-like environment for her, so that she could enjoy entering a new comfortable lifestyle gently as she recovered. The care team there is superb - the staff is knowledgeable , reliable and compassionate. The place itself is gorgeous. Bravo!

Beautiful and serene

The interior was very clean, and we were greeted in a friendly manner. They also offer a fairly wide range of activities, though it was slightly expensive.

I was most impressed by the garden and surrounding outside areas. It is beautiful, and the atmosphere had an air of serenity. It was peaceful and quiet.

Overall, this seems like a nice place to live. I would suggest visiting and making the decision for yourself.

I am very impressed with Sunrise at O...

I am very impressed with Sunrise at Oakland Hills and their staff. The environment is welcoming, calming and well maintained. The entire staff is dedicated to the residents, their needs and the family's needs. From the first visit, I felt very comfortable, supported and assured that my Mother would be well cared for. Their sense of urgency around my needs, their support during the move-in and assimilation period have been incredible.

I am so happy we found Sunrise at Oakland Hills. Our experience has surpassed Mom's previous care she received at a competitor. I highly recommend this facility if you are seeking a location that is well staffed with professional, experienced, competent staff who love their residents and it shows when you enter the community.

Liked facility, very bright, nice sta...

Liked facility, very bright, nice staff, nice rooms, good view of the city, no exercise equipment, a bit off the beaten path

It has a view of the Bay, just like M...

It has a view of the Bay, just like Mom wants...! Beautiful. I want to live here myself.

Amazingly expensive but given the vie...

Amazingly expensive but given the views and the facility, I guess I can see why.

No room in memory unit currently. Ass...

No room in memory unit currently. Asst. living possibility, homey, busy and crowded (in a good way), nice views. Better support for memory loss.