Mercy Retirement and Care Center - Oakland, CA

An Additional Tour

Considering the community is far away and it was not as nice looking, this was not the right fit. From the outside it looked like a dungeon but when you got into the building it looked nice. I noticed that it seemed crowded and I was not connecting with the atmosphere.

Great memory care!!

My mother has been recently transferred into the memory care unit at this community and so far I have been pleased with the care she has been receiving. The staff are very encouraging on helping her improve her nutrition and make sure to spend as much one on one time with her as they can. I also notice that every time I go to visit the facility is very cleaned and well maintained.

Seemed very nice, but I felt it would not be a good "cultural fit" for my parents.

A nice place for care

I did tour this community. This was a reasonable option in value. The staff were nice and friendly and answered are questions. We were not able to see the food. We did see the activity room and it appeared to be alot of activities for everyone who is willing. I recommend this community for families to check out all that is offered.

Community needs updating!!

During our tour I noticed that the community needed a lot of updating and renovations, it looked very outdated and old. I didn't like how the bedrooms did not have bathrooms and how they where located down the hallway. I did notice that they had a great memory care with great staff.

Wonderful Community!!

There is resident parking available. I took a tour of this community and really liked it. Pets are welcomed. They offer a wide variety of activities. Meals are provided for the residents. It is very clean and up-kept. Great staff in this community.

Mercy is a clean friendly community!!

This community is our second choice. We may be moving my mom here once her dementia progresses as they offer a high level of care. The community is bigger and brighter than the one she is at now. They offer a wide variety of activities.

Review of Mercy Retirement and Care Center Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Oakland, CA

A wonderful place for care, but they do not have 2-bedroom accommodations

It was beautiful but expensive.

It was beautiful but expensive. It seemed they went out of their way to craft things for each person individually. They had a lot of religious things, and brought school kids in for different things, we saw a Jr high student interviewing a resident when we were here.

A Little Too Big

I thought t it was great but it was too big for my mom. Her Alzheimer's isn't so far advanced but I thought she would be overwhelmed here.