East Village Place - East Longmeadow, MA

When you think of assisted living and memory care, what do you see? If cookie-cutter apartments, quiet hallways, bland food and stereotypical activities come to mind, then think again. Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before.

Safety and comfort and relief for caregiver as well.

We brought my my mother-in-law to East Village Place after visits to three area memory care centers and 6 months of trying to convince her husband that this was a better option for her than he could give her himself in their home. Her behavior had become erratic and his frustrations very real. She would not allow any of us to clean her and even fought feeding. She spent most of her days laying in her recliner staring at the wall.
Finally she is in a place where she is kept clean and happy, with activities throughout the day to stimulate her mind. She has people to talk to and her caregivers have the patience of saints. Her husband at first had trouble coping with the move, though he himself had said he could no longer take care of her himself, but he has come to terms with the arrangement by going to visit her twice daily during meals to feed her. The staff are always welcoming and patient. They provide activities that get her up on her feet. She went from barely able to walk to the bathroom to participating in games with the other residents. This is not a nursing home, but a memory care center where she can live in safety. We are very happy with the arrangement.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’ll read your review to the team and acknowledge them for their dedication and thank them for a job well done. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your mother-in-law continues to thrive here at East Village Place. Sincerely, Pam Skiba, Executive Director

Nice Tour

We had a very tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and helpful. The staff was friendly, and informative. The experience went well.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for visiting and for your positive feedback. We’re committed to creating an extraordinary community where people thrive and an excellent value for the lifestyle our residents enjoy. Sincerely, Pam Skiba, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Pam Skiba.

Wonderful place. Excellent available services for Mom (nursing, diet, living, etc.). Communication with [Removed] was great and Nurse [Removed] was very helpful as well. Maintenance, [Removed], was right there when we needed him to check a measurement in the room and we hadn't even signed up yet! Lovely, clean, skilled and responsive. Mom is excited for her next chapter and her new home. Thank you [Removed] for all your help.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for the positive feedback. I will share this with our entire team. Let us know anything we can do to ensure your Mom is thriving!
Sincerely, Pam Skiba, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Pam Skiba

She Happy and Secure and It Gives Us Peace Of Mind

My Mom is happy with her new lifestyle and experiences. East Village Place (EVP) is doing and excellent job and is a good fit for Mom. EVP feels more like home than any place I have seen. EVP has a wide variety of activities so that all residence are kept active. Mom has made a quite few new friends and sits with a great group for her meals. All EVP personnel are professional, friendly and caring. Yes, EVP was the right choice for Mom.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will read your review to the team and acknowledge them for their dedication, expertise and caring ways. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your mom continues to thrive. Sincerely, Pam Skiba, Executive Director

Special care for mom

I really like this community for good care for my mother in law. We were able to have a meal there and the food appeared to be good and we did it enjoy it. The staff is active with her, This is a great value and they offer a special floor for her needs. We would recommend this community for many reasons for the care and the value.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. We value your opinion and we’re so glad you are satisfied with the experience, care and value. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your mother in law is thriving. Sincerely, Pam Skiba, Executive Director

East Longmeadow

I looked at a number of places, this one seemed to stand out. Firstly they do a good job with Alzheimer patiences. Nobody is in bed all day up and out of their room. Price was reasonable

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for your feedback. We take great pride in creating an extraordinary community where people thrive. Our two levels of memory care make us unique and the tailored support means everyone can enjoy the different classes, clubs, outings and programs. Thanks for visiting; we hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Pam Skiba, Executive Director

Pleasant Tour

I toured this community for my wife and her needs. It was a pleasant tour. The community looked nice. From what I saw everything looked neat and tidy. The staff I met was friendly and kind. They answered my questions and were informative. It was a nice tour, but not the place for my wife and her needs.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your impressions; I’m so glad you found our community to your liking. We’re passionate about what we do and our two-levels of memory care neighborhoods make us unique. I’m sorry to hear that you don’t feel we’re a perfect fit. Feel free to join us any time for a special event, club, class or outing as you search for the ideal community. Thanks again for visiting. Sincerely, Pam Skiba, Executive Director

Decent Tour, Community Needs Some Updating

My tour of this community was a decent. I was very impressed overall. The community looked decent, it did have a homey feeling. The community does need some updating. It was decent tour, but not a community I would had felt comfortable placing my father in.

Watermark Ambassador

Hello and thank you for your online feedback. I’m glad to hear that you were very impressed overall. I would also love to hear your impressions and why we might not be your first choice for your Father. If you could possibly give me a call at [removed] I would genuinely appreciate your input as we are committed to be always improving. Rest assured this will be a no pressure call solely for me to learn more about your impressions. Thank you again for visiting and for sharing your review. Sincerely, Pam Skiba, Executive Director

Short But Sweet

Our experience was great with this community. My loved one stayed for a day and a half but during that time the staff and caregivers were terrific. Its is a great place and everything from the care to cleanliness was wonderful. A Place For Mom has been so helpful and we appreciate all that was done for us.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for sharing your review. I’m so glad your loved one and family experienced a short term stay at East Village Place. It’s a great way to get a taste of our lifestyle. Please let us know if there’s anything further we can do to assist you and your family and feel free to stop by for a club meeting, class, special event or group excursion. Sincerely, Pam Skiba, Executive Director

5 stars all the way!!!!

The food at East Village Place looked good and I did not hear any complaints. The staff were wonderful with my mom and the other residents. They are very caring, kind and treat all the residents with respect. The community is clean and well taken care of. While mom did not participate in any activities there was a variety available. I would recommend this community.

It's wonderful. They are really good.

It's wonderful. They are really good. It's an assisted living place with two levels of memory care. The staff is wonderful. They are truly concerned. The food is good, and the rooms are nice, and more homey. They have the in between for memory care and assisted living. Take the time to go back two or three times, and just sit and watch, and look around some more, I know you are busy but that would be my advice.

Lovely and Intimate.

I think the East Village Place is lovely and intimate. The apartments are very nice. The grounds are beautiful. The communication with the staff is pretty good. They offer various activities. They have live entertainment, singing groups, crafts, bingo, church service, and more. They also have a van that is able to take the residents to different places. On the 4th of July, they had an ice cream social.

Don't hesitate, it's excellent

We are very happy our mother landed at EVP. Mom needs a little more care to help her along in her recovery phase. They have been doing a great job providing what she needs and bringing in the extra such as PT and OT. She is happy there, which says volumes. We feel she is safe there as EVP practices resident safety to help prevent falls and injury. The food is excellent. Their efforts to work with our family have been excellent. Her room is lovely and renovated. She's been busy with activities when I thought it would be difficult to get her to participate. She has felt very welcome from her first minute there, and mentioned to me just the other day that everyone knows her name--"It's like Cheers" she told me!

For the in between stage of memory care, a really good solution.

I think we have ironed out our concerns. There was some issues with bathing schedules in the beginning. They addressed our concerns right away as they do for any concern we might have. She loves the food, the portions are a little larger than what she is used to. They were sort of mid range for pricing. They were the only place that we visited that had two levels of memory care, everyone else had one level that was secure. For the in between stage of memory care, this is a really good solution.

Nice place

Overall we've had a great experience with East Village Place, I'd give them top marks across the board! The staff have all been very friendly, accepting, warm, and caring! The facility itself is well kept, clean, and it seems like they have a lot to provide for their residents.

I found them to be extremely professional.

This was just a short stay, everything went well, and I plan on using them again a few times. I found the staff, Jessica and Annalee, the two nurses that were part of the medical staff were exceptional. I found them to be extremely professional.

They rescued my mom and me

East Village Place was able to take my mother in on short notice, after she accepted that she could no longer live alone. By entering as a respite client, mother understood that she was going there for 30 days and could leave at the end of that time, if she really wanted to.

Luckily, she liked it and has agreed to stay. This made the transition easier as it was her decision to continue. The staff has been wonderful, encouraging her to participate in the activities there but insuring that her choices are respected.

I would highly recommend East Village Place.

Nice place.

Nice place.

Beautiful, tranquil setting...

Beautiful, tranquil setting---gardens, calm colors throughout, smiling faces everywhere. Many relaxing spaces for one or a group. Very impressive.

Assisted Living; 1 & 2 BR. CATS allow...

Assisted Living; 1 & 2 BR. CATS allowed. Communal Dining, First Alert wristband w/ checks multiple times daily. Light gold walls in hallways. Washer/dryers; full service beauty shop on site; Watermark University; can have own PC or use theirs. Focus on stimulation/learning/ socialization.3 nurses daily until 9 pm. Basic is weekly housekeeping and linen changes; assist with hygiene prn; transportation to shopping, MD, etc. Tues & ThursCoumadin blood work done on site. Clean; fresh smelling; 30 day trial available. Apts unfurnished. Not much staff around. one at desk, one w/games, one in empty exercise room. ~600 sq ft apt. country kitchen to cook if desired. chef's club. art classes,etc. pvt pay; no aset reqrmnt. one time community fee. 12 month lease. 60 day notice to move out. cable and phone ready. internet hookup available. Apts have no cooking facilities. apt size fridge.

I was very impressed with this place...

I was very impressed with this place, especially with the fact they specialize in memory care. I like the fact that they are willing to have her come in for a few hours just to see if she gets adjusted and it would be complimentary. Also the fact they do day care and weekends and for respite care they can accommodate them anywhere from one week to a month. I wasn't able to watch any activities because they were having lunch at the time.

sounds good