$4050/mo for studio; $5750/mo for 1 bdrm; includes meals, 1 1/2 hr care (meds, etc); RN assessment, care plan, transportation to and from medical and shopping); WAITING LIST with $500 dep; 5 people waiting 30 - 90 days; one-time community fee $3500; Verizon and Charter; weekly housekeeping, laundry (towels and linens)

The staff seems to be friendly and caring

My mother was here briefly. I thought they were doing their part and they were fine. There is an adjustment period for any place you go, though. But overall I thought they were great. I thought the staff was pretty good and I’ve been there periodically on different occasions for hours at a time. It’s very apparent that the staff cared about the residents because they knew all of them by name and interacted with them well. The only thing I will say I didn’t like is that I didn’t see that scheduled things were really being adhered to, such as showering. I spoke to them on the phone and they gave me her shower schedule. I would call my mom to check on it and by the time I spoke with her, she still hadn’t been given a shower. One of her pain medications was only available on request and they would not give it to her unless she could tell them the name of the medicine, but it’s a difficult name to pronounce and it’s disappointing that they wouldn’t let her have it. The food seemed good, though, and it seemed to be well balanced and nutritious. Everything seemed to be clean and housekeeping would come by once a week to help change the bed sheets and the towels. They would also vacuum the floors and clean the bathrooms.

Glad Dad Was There

After only being here 3 weeks my father in law became ill and the staff was the ones that picked up that something wasn't right with him and brought it to our attention. The staff is wonderful very attentive and professional and nice. The community is nice very clean and well maintained. The food seemed to be good. The location is great very close to my home so we can be there often to visit. We would recommend them.

Lovely, bright, clean facility. [Removed] gave an excellent tour and knew all the residents we ran into by name. She introduced my mom to another recent widow who had moved in only a few months ago and though she acknowledged that the transition was initially difficult, she loves it and has made many friends. Rooms were spacious and bright. Mom was impressed.

Well worth it!

We couldn't be happier. My Mom is enjoying her new home and the staff and residence have all been so friendly and helpful. We all rest easier knowing she is in good hands.

THE KEYSTONE TO COMFORT

We were friends before we even met. Communication with Mary Ann prior to the move was friendly, factual , and helpful. As were arrived the welcoming group were friends from the start. The start was an accurate reading of what was to come. People stopped by to welcome and introduce themselves. In the beginning we were escorted to the dining room. Maintenance team practically moved in with us helping with the unpacking and settling. Dining room staff pleasant at all times; delivering meals with a smile.
We are convinced kindness is a prerequisite of the job.

We had a little problem getting his medication right, people were very helpful and friendly, the place is beautiful,we cant wit till all the snow melts and we can go outside, thnk u so much for a place for mom,im very grateful for your help, i would recomend highly.

Seemed like a nice enough place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. It was not a bad visit, a few things would stand to be improved, but it also was not the worst. The care services were just enough to meet our loved ones needs. Overall, it was okay, and someone we might consider due to it being conveniently located for family.

very impressed!

We were pressed for time, and they helped us get the place clean and in there all set up and living there in just two days. They went out of their way to make accommodations for us. The services and the people there are fantastic. They make sure she gets down to her meals and to the activities (which there are plenty of). Mom really loves it there, and has made a lot of friends.

It was a nice facility but the marketing director was not knowledgeable.

The food looks appetizing, I would say a 4. I would like to see the director be a little more knowledgeable about the facility. The biggest reason we chose them was location, and ambiance, it was homey and the nurses were great, and they came recommended by a few people. The care takers were excellent, in the memory care unit. Mary Ann the marketing executive told us that after private pay, she would be able to get assistance from the state. After signing the contract we found out that we were not eligible for that. That was extremely frustrating.

Provides everything we need, haven't had to look elsewhere

Just to preface this review, this is the only community we've worked with, but we've had a very positive experience with them. They provide all the care my Mom needs, and the community itself is very nice looking. The staff are friendly, and there seem to be plenty of activities to keep the residents busy. It was very conveniently located, and when we toured it we really didn't see the need to look at other, possibly much farther away options.

Good Community

Keystone Commons seems to be very well run. The community is very clean and it seemed like it would be a good place for my loved one. So far we have not been able to find anything wrong with it. We are please with them so far and would recommend them to anyone.

It's a lovely facility.

The main reason I picked this is because of its location, “Keystone” is close to where my mom wanted to stay. The staff and residents are friendly, but mom is still adapting to the change. She seems to be adjusting fine. She is using the beautician they have on the premises. I have had no problem with them and it’s a lovely facility.

very nice small unit.

very nice small unit.

Keystone Commons provides Independent, Assisted, Alzheimer's and Memory Care residential living in Ludlow, MA. Keystone Commons is a rental community that offers people over the age of 55 years a delightful way to live. Independent Living (44 apartments) provides 31 meals per month, extended basic cable TV, housekeeping, a full size stackable washer and dryer, transportation to medical appointments, a gym, pub, movie theater, emergency care system and much more. Assisted Living (34 apartments) offers three meals daily, up to one and a half hours of personal care daily and all of the above amenities with the exception of the washer and dryer. We launder your linens and towels and change linens weekly. Our Memory & Alzheimer's Care (12 suites) wing offers a safe secure neighborhood providing daily activities to enrich lives with dignity and respect.
Our beautiful community is located in one residence so we are able to be flexible and creative, as we do not age at the same pace, so couples may choose which activities may best meet their needs. A social worker is on site to help families negotiate the maze of services available outside the building, and our marketing department can assist you in reducing rental costs based on financial aids available.