The Arbors at Chicopee - Chicopee, MA

The Arbors at Chicopee - Chicopee, MA has yet not published prices.

I want to see some changes

I chose this community because I live and work near the facility and I could visit my mom frequently. The transition from independent living and assisted living has been a bumpy road for her. I like the facility and the apartment is cleaned very regularly. There’s never any strange smells in the halls like other places. The laundry facility, kitchen, and carpet are always clean. They do offer laundry services but that is an additional fee. My mother says the food is substandard but the lunch service is the best of all 3 meals offered. She has also taken to a few nurses who have been exceptional. The facility does offer activities like Wii bowling, bingo, crafts, wine and cheese every Friday, and movie nights. But, there are a few downfalls to this facility. I don’t think she’s getting the quality of care that I’m paying for. The some of the staff isn’t the best. My mom is in a wheelchair and there was one instance where the nurse got upset because she had to move a small end table. She didn’t have to lift it or anything; just slide it. The nurses often times say really inappropriate things to my mom about how they don’t want to do certain things. She has specific days set up for showers and the nurses flat out refused to come in and help her so I had to come in at night after work and shower her. I’ve brought this to the attention of the staff and I really do hope it will change. I’m not saying I wouldn’t recommend this facility but I want to see some changes.

Bright and clean, lively atmosphere with lots of residents coming and going - hopping on a mini-bus as we arrived, attending WII Bowling inside, and constantly on the go in twos or threes through the halls as we toured - we had an overall impression that it's a beehive of activity, and we were only there an hour! Conveniently located in Chicopee and they seem to take full advantage of the nearness of community concerts, local restaurants, and shopping. A beautiful, modern facility.

Not the right care...

When we toured The Arbors, we thought it was a nice place but they were not equipt to take care of my mother in law there. It was not an option for us.