Landmark @ Monastery Heights - West Springfield, MA

We really liked this community it was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and seemed nice. The community was clean and well maintained however the location was further than what we were looking for.

Great place

My grandmother had a wonderful experience at Monastery Heights. She felt safe and cared for. She really enjoyed the meals, especially the dessert. She made some nice friends too and we enjoyed the family friendly events.

The building, a former monastery, has lovely features, but its age is showing. Hallways were somewhat dimly lit and some floors were uneven underfoot. Felt more like a college dorm than a residence. And while they are situated on beautiful acreage, there are no gardens or outside gathering areas to speak of, just a few seats near the entrance. A wasted opportunity. Residents were quite friendly and certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves, though.

They Are Good

So far it is a good experience and they can improve in some areas. There are no problem with cleanliness around the community. My aunt is enjoying the meals they make.

Floors were carpeted over uneven wooden floors. I was afraid mom would trip. Also, they have strolling cats. Not good for allergies.

Disappointing Experience

My mother had a very disappointing respite stay experience here at this community. I was not satisfied with the experience. They promised a lot of things in the interview, and they did not follow through with many things. We requested that she gets the newspaper every morning, and they never did deliver it. They never called and followed up after we left. It was a very disappointing experience, and I would not use this community again.

Not happy

Seems like everything they told us was a lie. Place is not clean. Employees seem very stressed out. Money seems to be missing from pna account. We made a poor choice in picking this place.

a good experience

Landmark @ Monastery Heights is going well. One is I have is that getting laundry done is extra. I think that should be included for as much as I am paying. The staff is kind of picky with the medications. They are not giving my mother medication but it is all locked up in her room. She has to get someone to come unlock it when she needs to take it. I know it's probably not the facility but a state rule. Overall it has absolutely been a good experience at this facility.

Older building but seemed to be well maintained. Staff very friendly and informative. Memory unit full and there is a six month wait list. Price was more reasonable than both Armbrook or Ruth's House

What a lovely facility! An old church building that has been retrofitted to accommodate residents. Some of the stained glass windows & mosaics are still intact. The chapel is beautiful. Clean, friendly; residents I saw seemed very happy. Expensive but engaging.

I thought this facility was beautiful. Much like a fancy hotel. The staff were friendly and the residents seems to enjoy their surroundings. I will certainly keep this place in mind when the time comes where we will need your services.

Good

The nurse's are really good and caring. They take really good care of my loved one. They make sure everything is going good and feel comfortable. Have a few activities. The facility is clean and the rooms are clean everyday which is good. They are really supportive and helpful.

It seems to be okay so far.

It seems to be okay so far. The staff is friendly and they keep it pretty clean. I like the food there. The only thing I was a little disheartened about, is the disagreement and difficult time I was given over some paperwork on the administrative end of things.

Very nice place

I had my loved one here for a brief respite stay and I thought they did an excellent job overall. They are extremely personable, and did a great job working with her to make her stay a comfortable and enjoyable one. She was completely against the idea of going to a community for any length of time, but afterwards she said it was very nice. This is definitely somewhere we'd consider as a permanent option when the time comes.

Absolutely wonderful staff!

We couldn't be happier with this place! It's a beautiful community, and the staff have been absolutely wonderful. They've got all kinds of activities and amenities to keep people active and busy, and even the food has been spectacular. They've even got a private dining room that residents who have guests can reserve, and they'll cater dinner for a good price! We'd recommend this place to anyone!

Group Foster Care rooms are very smal...

Group Foster Care rooms are very small, and walk to the dining room is a long way. Not sure mom can do it. One room with bathroom and closet.

This was my favorite, they provide al...

This was my favorite, they provide all the services my dad needs. 120 residents, 40 men, 80 women. Spacious apartments with lots of natural light and high ceilings. Excellent common areas. Very lively residents with many activities for all.

Built in 1923 and prominently overlooking the city of West Springfield, Our Lady of Sorrows Monastery was renovated in 1999 to become Landmark at Monastery Heights, Senior Living Community. The beautiful building overlooks 18 spectacular acres of lawns, walking paths, and gardens and house 105 spacious studio and one-bedroom apartments designed for assisted living. Conveniently located just minutes from Routes 5 and 20, Interstates 91 and 291 and the Massachusetts Turnpike. The Landmark at Monastery Heights is a unique living alternative for senior adults who cannot live independently at home but do not require the skilled care provided by a nursing home. The Landmark at Monastery Heights is a special combination of housing, health and wellness services and assistance with activities of daily living. This allows residents to remain as independent as possible yet provides them the assistance necessary. Residents receive individual assistance that is available 24 hours a day and designed to meet both scheduled and unscheduled needs.

In additional to traditional assisted living, we offer a distinctive residential program that provides a safe, secure, home-like environment for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other related memory impairments. The program’s goal is to promote the highest quality lifestyle for the resident by adapting the staff, the environment and the daily routine to the needs of each individual.