Dunwoody Pines - Atlanta, GA

Dunwoody Pines is an affordable all-inclusive retirement community, located in the heart of Dunwoody, just minutes from shops, restaurants and major hospitals. A Sunshine Retirement Living Community, we offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including three chef-prepared meals daily, on-site beauty salon, outdoor swimming pool, fun daily activities and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow!

At Dunwoody Pines, we believe you deserve to enjoy a carefree lifestyle surrounded by warm and caring managers, staff and residents. We pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. It’s a simple concept that means you can take control of your time, find comfort in your surroundings, and be part of a community of friends and neighbors.

In addition to the beautiful grounds, including gardens and greenhouse and the outdoor pool and patio, Dunwoody Pines residents enjoy the finest benefits in our affordable community, including: *Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy three home-cooked meals are prepared daily by our chef, served at your table in our dining room. Invite your friends and family in for special occasions and dinner in the private dining room!

*Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including: Games, Exercise, Wii Bowling, Bingo, Swimming, Movies, and much more!

*Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events!

*Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.

*Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system and we have security round the clock.

We would love the opportunity to show you around our beautiful community.

Nice place. [Removed] was very gracious. Too far away.

Wonderful Experience!!

I have recently made the move into this community and my husband will be here with me in a few short weeks. I this place is just wonderful and I am comfortable in my new living environment. When I make my way down to the dinning experience the meals are always excellent and the company is even better. They also have a great activity program with different events throughout the week that I am looking forward to getting involved in. Overall it has been a perfect fit and we are pleased.

Good care and value.

We are happy with the care from this community. The staff is caring and attentive. We like the menu of the good meals. The activities are offered to the residents that are able to participate. The community is clean with a nice environment. We would recommend this community for the good care and value for other families.

Care and options

We toured this community for care that is needed. We like talking with the staff who were helpful. the community was clean and it had a nice atmosphere for the residents. They have a list of good menu healthy meals. Activities are offered. We would suggest that other families tour this community for care.

THE Place to be if you value your parents!

My whole family came for a tour (5 OF US) and surprised [Removed]. She was so welcoming and happy. We could tell she really loved her job. We had a lot of VA questions and she knew exactly how to help. My parents fell in love with the large two bed room and was approved for VA. Our whole family can't be happier. I hope this review gets to [Removed] boss-- she is a TREASURE!

A good place to look at

This community used to be a hotel and they did a really good job of converting it into a retirement community. They are doing some remodeling. They did a good job of making you feel like you are connected to what is going on at the community. They do seem to offer some nice activities. There are a lot of lights and when you open your door you see the atrium. The rooms are smaller and they do also have a small garden.

Michelle Seaborn

We are delighted you enjoyed your tour! Thank you for coming in. We too are excited about all the upgrades and great things happening here at Dunwoody Pines.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks Much.

Most Kindly,

Michelle

When my mom was a resident of this community she wasn't crazy about the food. They were cooking for a couple of hundred people to feed. She played bingo in the beginning and they offered many activities for the residents.

Very Kind to Me

This is a very nice community. I'am enjoying my time here, everyone has been very kind. The community look well-kept, they do a very good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff is great, they are very friendly, and helpful. Everyone is very kind to me. It is a very good community, and I would recommend it.

Michelle Seaborn

Thank you SO MUCH! We are so HAPPY you love your home!!!!

Too expensive for what you get.

The place is clean enough but they have a real problem with roaches in the rooms. The staff is friendly enough but does not go out of their way above and beyond. The food has really gone downhill and the portions get smaller and smaller each day. Not a good value for the rent you pay. The management is not consistent or non-existent. Parking is a real issue too. Even if you have a handicap sticker it's hard to find a spot. If you can afford $2,000+ a month look elsewhere.

Michelle Seaborn

Thanks for your feedback. You and I sat down and talked in my office regarding your issues. All is well. Please feel free to update your comment if you like! I am glad you are staying here with us and your are happy with your home. :)

Not a place for Mom

This facility in the past nine months went from being an active community with wonderful management team to just the opposite. Management team changed leaving poor communication, poor selection of food (often running out of items), cleaning staff doubling as mealtime servers, elevators breaking down etc. I would not recommend this facility and should not be listed under "A place for Mom".

Michelle Seaborn

We appreciate your feedback. As you pointed out, Dunwoody Pines indeed has a history as an “active community with a wonderful management team.” The happiness and well-being of our residents is our top priority, so we welcome you to visit with us and see how we can best address your concerns.

Occasionally, staff may cover other duties for a short time while we fill a vacancy, but our core team remains consistent. Two of our three elevators are working normally, and we have the third temporarily under repair. Our Chef and dining staff are always open to feedback and eager to make the dining experience delightful for each and every resident. Most of our residents understand that temporary hiccups happen in even the most conscientious of communities, but that our team is very responsive to restore our customary high standards when they do.

A wonderful place to be!

We are very pleased The staff is very kind and they are always smiling and willing to assist. The food is great. I like that they offer transportation so that dad can get back and forth to appointments. I also like the activities that they have, the volley ball, and the movie night. Also overall the community is very clean.

Michelle Seaborn

Thank you! We love hearing that your dad's home is all you want it to be!!

Mom selected this location. The thing that stood out most on our tour was the number of smiling faces. We had a lunch visit and mom had a chance to speak at length with residents. The suite was a nice size, and she was happy. I've not seen her so excited in a number of years.

Michelle Seaborn

Wow! We love hearing this!! Thank you!!!

Many Activities

It is going good for my mom. She likes her room and opens out to the community. The layout is like an atrium, it's similar to a hotel. They have activities like bible study, Jeopardy, trivia games, and brain teasers. The meals have improved since the beginning, it was not the best at first. She has outside help coming to her and they have had no issues with the community. Doug from A Place For Mom was really good and so helpful.

Michelle Seaborn

I'm so happy to hear Mom is happy! Thank you!!!

I would recommend Dunwoody Pines!!

This community had a better price point than some of the other communities in the area. Dad responds to the staff well and they are mindful of him. Dad and I both like the food. The community is clean and well maintained. They offer daily activities.

Michelle Seaborn

I am so happy to hear that dad is happy! That's all that matters. THank you!

Excellent caring staff!

Thank you!!!

This is the one for Mom!

I visited several different properties with my Mother and kept coming back to Dunwoody Pines. Michelle was wonderful in helping us choose the perfect apartment.........and so patient with our many, many questions. She helped make this daunting process much simpler. My Mom can't wait to move to her new apartment in a couple of weeks!

Michelle Seaborn

Awwww, thank you! We are ready for her to move in too!!

Older facility. Nice staff.

Michelle Seaborn

Thank you! We are proud of our facility and staff.

Everything Is Well

So far everything is going well. They are taking good care of my mother. It is a nice looking facility, very well maintained. The staff is very great, they are helpful and kind. There are many activities offered. The food is nice. Overall I know she is being cared for well and I would recommend it.

Michelle Seaborn

Awwwe, thank you bunches! I'm glad we are exceeding your expectations.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Dunwoody Pines. It's a nice, clean place, the people who clean the individual rooms do a great job! They were also very helpful helping me get things set up when I moved in. I've also been very impressed with the food and meal service, the servers are awesome! One complaint I have is that the air conditioning can be very loud, when it turns on it sounds like a jet taking off!

Michelle Seaborn

We are so happy to hear this! Thank you...Please call the concierge desk and have them put your a/c issue on the maintenance log. This can be fixed.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Dunwoody Pines has been somewhat mixed. In terms of the apartment and facility itself everything is fine. The apartment is a nice size and the place is generally very clean. However, they're going through a change in management and it has made some things difficult. There are still a few things we were promised while signing up that haven't been delivered on, and getting in touch with anyone to get these issues corrected has been difficult. They also really need to work on their dining service. The food is good, but the service is glacial.

Michelle Seaborn

Please contact us at [removed] and ask for Sam. We would like to get you taken care of.

Great place to live.

Ed and Mona were great. The staff was courteous and the building was clean and welcoming.

Review of Dunwoody Pines - Atlanta, GA

It looks like a converted Embassy Suites complete with koi pond. Ed assured me it was built by the same architect as a senior living facility. For my privacy-loving Mom having the living room windows facing the interior is a non-starter. If this isnt a concern the apartments are roomy with a full kitchen. Laundry facilities are located on each floor. Note that there is construction going on behind and next to the facility right now.

Great place to live but horrible management

Dunwoody pines is a great place to live. There are always activities you can do, the other residents are pretty friendly. The only problem that I would speak of is that it's not such great of a place to work. Residents would hear the employees as their complaints grown. But the main issue with the employment would be a particular manger that began working here earlier this year. He's always the antagonist and causing problems for the employees. I don't know about you but I love living in this community it would be a bonus if the employees loved working here as well.

A beautiful place

The Dunwoody Pines is a beautiful place. The facility was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This was a very beautiful community. The place was nice and clean. Everyone was friendly.

Sunshine

It's great to hear you were able to experience so many perks of Dunwoody Pines. If you have any further questions, or would like to come by for a visit or lunch, our door is always open.

A wonderful place. Has everything a person could need need but does not fit our budget.

Sunshine

Thanks for your sharing your experience here at Dunwoody Pines! If anything changes, please let us know.

Above and beyond my expectations

I moved my father into Dunwoody Pines to be closer to his family when he entered hospice care. The staff, accommodations, food, third-party care team were all amazingly supportive and helpful during a difficult time. The property managers never made me feel like my requests were a problem for them... I really can't emphasize how above my expectations this team and facility went.

Sunshine

We are happy to hear your dad is happy at Dunwoody Pines and thank you for sharing your feelings. We will pass this along to our entire Team.

Very nice place!

My loved one was only here for a short time, but I was very impressed with Dunwoody Pines overall! The people here are very friendly, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to offer the people who live here.

Sunshine

We are sorry your loved one is no longer at Dunwoody Pines, and appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience. We wish you the very best.

Seemed like a nice place!

We visited this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice place overall! The facility was well kept and clean, and the staff all seemed very friendly and professional. They also appeared to have a good variety of activities and services to offer the residents.

Sunshine

We are happy to hear you were able experience some of the many all-inclusive amenities and enjoyed your visit. Along with caring live-in managers, a full schedule of activities and events, our Food Program is a resident favorite. We invite you to join us again and enjoy a complimentary lunch to fully experience the lifestyle here at Dunwoody Pines. We hope to see you soon!

I enjoyed my visit. Mona Fletcher showed me the model apartment and gave me a tour of the facility and grounds. She also introduced me to some of the residents. I enjoyed sitting with Molly, one of the residents, at lunch. The facility is clean with friendly residents and staff.

Sunshine

We are happy to hear you had a nice visit with Mona and the Dunwoody Pines Team. Living in an all-inclusive community with caring live-in managers available 24/7, we promise, you'll wish you moved here sooner. We offer each resident 3 chef-prepared meals each day, complimentary transportation, utilities, housekeeping, maintenance, wellness and fitness classes, social mixers and more, all for one price. Our residents are our top priority and we would love to see a new face here at Dunwoody Pines.

Almost everything my parents need

Very clean, staff and residents were very welcoming during our tour. This facility is a strong contender for our parents. It's truly independent living with add on services as needed (with extra fees). The building was originally built for an Embassy Suites hotel, but it was sold before it was fitted. Thus, the interior courtyard style. Liked the meal program. I cannot give 5 stars because it lacks outdoor space/ trails, which are important for my father.

Sunshine

We are happy you were able to experience and enjoy our Food Program, just one of the many all-inclusive features here. While we do not have outdoor trials as a form of exercise, we do have a full schedule of daily activities, including fitness classes such as Tai Chi and Water Aerobics. If you are interested in revisiting our community, we would love for you or your father to join us for a fitness class.

Great Place !! Great People !!

My parents have been there over a year. They love it !

Sunshine

This made our day! We are thrilled to have your parents as part of the Dunwoody Pines family.

3 meals a day, housekeeping...

3 meals a day, housekeeping, bus services local, pull cord alert system. Studio - $1895, 1BR - $2095. Tour scheduled for Sunday May 25 @ 2:30pm ET

We are familiar with this f...

We are familiar with this facility and would not be interested in living there. Management there regularly changes and we don't feel comfortable with the prospect of living there.

A Great Choice!

A very nice place. My dad loves it. The staff is awesome.

Sunshine

It this music to our ears as our goal is to provide a caring staff for our residents. Please let us know if we can do anything to make Dunwoody Pines an even better experience for your father.

Future residents beware!!!

This place is not an independent community! Trust me. There are many many residents that are suffering with Alzheimer's & severe dementia. The managers do NOT care about these residents! They are fake & only look at the money aspect. I'm being straight up here. There is no way I would ever send any of my lived ones there. Drop in on them & see for yourself that I'm telling the truth & only want to give everyone a heads up. I'm totally shocked that this so called community has not been shut down!

Enjoyed the community. With...

Enjoyed the community. Within my price range. Independent living and can add care as needed. Full kitchen.

Sunshine

Thanks for the wonderful feedback. Please let us know if you have any additional question or would like to visit Dunwoody Pines again.

They had great food, fantastic food!

They had great food, fantastic food! It was a nice place, it used to be an old hotel, it's like 5 stories, and they have 2 actual chefs. The dining room is just beautiful and seats like 130 people. It's independent living, not assisted living. They are a good group of people over there.

Sunshine

Thank you for your response and sharing your experience with SeniorAdvisor.com. We are proud of our Chefs and food program, allowing residents to enjoy 3 delicious chef-prepared meals daily. It sounds like you were able to experience this first hand. We invite you to come back to Dunwoody Pines and join us in the dining room.

Takes some time for food to come out

I hate to be negative but when my mom first moved in we had some issues with maintenence, like to get the orders done. She had a problem getting the cable hooked up and Dunwoody is responsible for that because cable is included in the rent.
I haven't eaten in the dining facility but twice and that was when we were first looking but she has had some complaints. When you ask for something that's different from what they're serving, it takes them a very long time to get it out. Her and the people who sit at her table have actually left without getting anything because it's taken so long to get it out.
They do have a management meeting, they have had meetings with the residents, I think twice since my mom has been there and that has been brought up but I don't know if they're doing anything about it.
They were competitively priced compared to a lot of other places and they do offer assistance on an a la carte basis and you pay extra for that but they offer it in house.

Sunshine

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Dunwoody Pines. We are pleased that you chose our Community for your mom and hope she is enjoying the benefits of all-inclusive retirement living. We are sorry to hear that you've had less than exceptional service from our maintenance department and in the dining room. This is not the standard of excellence that we strive for and have addressed this with our local management team. We do offer an extended menu with a variety of choices at each of our Sunshine Communities, but it should not take longer for these meals to be delivered. Please contact the Managers if this happens again! Thank you again for choosing Dunwoody Pines and Sunshine. If you ever need anything, please contact us 24/7, we are here for you and each and every one of our residents!

Great Sr Community

My mother has been at this Sr Community for a couple of weeks now. We have met many residents that have lived here for years. I have not heard one negative comment yet. The people are extremely nice, makes an effort to make you feel welcome. I would recommend to anyone looking for a Sr Community.

Sunshine

It's so great to hear your mom is happy in her new home at Dunwoody Pines. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make her experience here even better.

Looks lovely. Located outs...

Looks lovely. Located outside perimeter. Walkability?

Sunshine

We have many walkers who enjoy the beautiful grounds surrounding Dunwoody Pines. If you have any other questions, please call or email [removed] [removed] or [removed]

Dunwoody Pines is a great place to live!

I have had an excellent experience with Dunwoody Pines and its staff! Ed and Mona Fletcher have made my transition as a new resident to Dunwoody Pines smooth and welcoming. Their and the rest of the staff's kindness and willingness to assist me with all facets of my transition to independent senior living has been so meaningful to me. After my tour, I decided to make Dunwoody Pines my home. I have made a good choice in becoming a resident of Dunwoody Pines and I highly recommend Dunwoody Pines to other seniors who are looking for a great place to call home.

Sunshine

We pride ourselves on having a caring staff who put residents first, so we are happy to hear your experience is just that. Thank you for sharing your kind words online with the SeniorAdvisor community.

For independent living only

We met with Ed and Mona Fletcher the on-site managers of this Sunshine Community. They seem to work really hard and are very involved in the Dunwoody Pines community. I was surprised that a good portion of the residents seemed to be male. This place felt older than the two others we saw in the area. The surfaces were worn and tired looking, we were immediately told that new patio cushions had been ordered, the ones there were pretty bad, no one was on the patio using them when we toured. They do have a rather big pool that was pristine. No one was swimming but there were a couple of residents hanging out by it. The activities director is young and very energetic. They have a greenhouse that they are beginning to teach residents about gardening in. They are vey pet friendly, we saw a number of residents out walking their dogs. The cost is $2135 for a one bedroom on the first floor, it's a little more if you want a higher floor. The facility only has four floors. They will clean apartments but will not clean resident's linens, they have laundry facilities but do not offer laundry services. It looks like they only offer independent living, their rate sheet does not mention any other levels of care. Since this facility is older than others we've toured, they have one large activity room that groups section off in, so one group will be playing cards, while another wraps gifts, or plays bingo.

Still Moving in and Getting Mom comfortable for the Move

I am happy with what I see so far. My mom has not moved in yet, but the price is right, it is really nice, has a pool, and plenty of amenities. It is all inclusive except for the telephone (3 meals a day, etc.). The staff has been great and very helpful with questions and getting us set up. I find that they are less concerned with the sales pitch and more concerned with making you feel comfortable with their community. I liked that a lot. Other communities were less accommodating and more interested in just selling.

Sunshine

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Dunwoody Pines with the Senior Advisor / A Place For Mom community. We hope you and your mother will visit us again soon!

Dunwoody Pines - A new change of living

In November of last year, we had the opportunity of moving my parents into Dunwoody Pines. I have only one regret. I wish it would have happened 6 months earlier.

Yes, it is a change of lifestyle. Nothing is like home but Dunwoody Pines is the closest to it. The meals are well prepared and with good flavor. Each Friday night is happy hour. Music lures people to the dance floor with tunes of yesteryear. My Dad looks forward to it each week for he states ' its good to see Helen bring back those dance memories from years back'. Light food accompanies the good dancing.

If you want to be involved in activities, Dunwoody Pines is the place. There are very few moments that a resident cannot be involved in an activity. - both inside the facility and outside.

It is nice to see residents take advantage of the exercises classes. Several different classes at that!
All of this, mixed with visiting doctors, trips to the ball game, swimming pool exercise classes, creative writing classes, potting flowers, staff grill outs for residents, etc.

A shuttle service will take residents to doctor appointments, grocery store visits, etc.,

Dunwoody Pines also appreciates it Veterans. Special recognition is given to those men and women several times a year.

After looking at several Senior living locations, we chose Dunwoody Pines - a good choice.

Sunshine

This is the lifestyle we thrive to deliver for our resident-family at Dunwoody Pines. We are so happy that your parents are enjoying the great amenities we offer. Thank you for selecting us and providing your valuable feedback.

Good visit. Will bring Dad ...

Good visit. Will bring Dad back.

Sunshine

Great, hope to see you both soon.

Atrium style with no patios, not good...

Atrium style with no patios, not good for dog. Only 4 pieces of exercise equipment. They keep assisted living in complex as people age. It was ok and reasonable.

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Loved t...

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Loved the place, the people who work there and the people who live there

Sunshine

We are happy to hear your had such a great experience with our caring managers, staff and residents at Dunwoody Pines.

Excellent facility;affordably prices;...

Excellent facility;affordably prices;clean,open,lots of ammenities, all inclusive except phone service; wonderful management & services; accessible to my home, comfortable

Sunshine

As a Sunshine Retirement Living Independent Retirement Community, Dunwoody Pines prides itself on offering an all-inclusive, safe, enriching, fun and quality home to seniors. We are glad you were able to experience this with our community and we hope you will come back and visit again!

Strong contender if I could convince ...

Strong contender if I could convince my dad

Sunshine

We would love to welcome your father into our loving community. Please let us know if you would like to revisit Dunwoody Pines.

The Director was very helpful. She pr...

The Director was very helpful. She provided an extraordinary tour of the facility. The information packet was excellent. I am very impressed with this facility.

Sunshine

Thanks for your feedback. We hope you have all the information you need, but are here 7 days a week should you have additional questions or feedback.

GREAT AMENITIES!

GREAT AMENITIES!

Sunshine

Thanks. We are glad you were able to recognize our all-inclusive features.

This is our first and only choice rig...

This is our first and only choice right now. The entire family is sold except mom and we are trying to gently convince her to decide to move in.

Sunshine

Please let us know if need any additional questions. We would love for your mom to call Dunwoody Pines "Home".

This place was great.

This place was great.

Sunshine

Thanks for sharing your positive experience online.

mom does not want to live this far aw...

mom does not want to live this far away from us but I want to see it

Sunshine

We would love to show you around our community - come by anytime!

she liked this one a lot. the one be...

she liked this one a lot. the one bedroom is pretty small, but I don't think we can afford the 2 bedroom.

Sunshine

I'm sorry to hear one of your concerns is the bedroom size. I assure you our residents are welcome to enjoy our spacious communal areas anytime- our atrium, outside patio, pool area, library, beauty salon and more!

Like, price is right, but Independent...

Like, price is right, but Independent living-like Larry's mom.