Mount Vernon Village Retirement Living - Atlanta, GA

We toured this community and likes the staff who were caring and able to answer the questions that we had. We liked the tour and the community did appear to be clean. They had a lost of nice activities and the menu looked appealing. We wanted a cottage community. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Not enough for us!

We really liked this community and the staff was very helpful. I just did not like that they only offered 1 meal and we needed 3. They were also a little more expensive. We did see the residents out and doing activities.

How Linda and Mt. Vernon Village are such a blessing!

Before visiting Mt. Vernon Village and several other facilities myself I read all of the reviews. The latest review on Mt. Vernon Village and the families' experience with a lady named [Removed] was troubling and so I was concerned and felt the need to be through in all areas that would affect my mother's potential new home and community. My experience with [Removed] could not have been more pleasant and transparent. She was so gracious and helpful in my search. Later the same day I brought my wife and mother to see three different options and [Removed] came back from her home to be the host for my mother. [Removed] never rushed my mother in any decision and was so kind and helpful that my mother decided that night on her new home. What we thought would take months for her to feel comfortable with the decision to relocate from her home in Florida, [Removed] helped my mother feel at home in a few short hours. I could not be more thankful for the genuine care and kindness that [Removed] expressed throughout the entire experience. Later I mentioned to [Removed] the harsh review I had read and you could see how deeply hurt she had been over the comments made that characterized her so unfairly and out of character. This is a tender time in the life of any family and [Removed] has shown such maturity and wisdom to recognize that "Hurting people hurt people." From my personal experience, I can clearly state that my experience with [Removed] and Mt. Vernon Village has been a blessing and a very kind and gentle process. Sincerely, Dr. Bill Pope

I wouldn't recommend this community to anyone.

I wouldn't recommend this community to anyone. Linda owns several condos and rents them out to seniors. In our experience she has no real compassion, or empathy. She was beyond rude to our family, when our loved one had an unexpected health issue, and needed to find a different place to live. Even with making an effort to keep her in the loop of what was going on as we were figuring out the next steps, she was rude and had no regard for what we were going through as a family trying to do the best for our loved one on short notice. My review has nothing to do with how nice or clean the facility is, it is about the attitude, and cooperation you get from Linda, the owner, which I'm not even entirely sure she is that. It is about the mental abuse she is willing to heap on a family, who is grieving and trying to make extremely difficult decisions, all because she wants our, or your money. I don't want to see her make anyone else feel the way she made us feel.

Difficult Decision made easier with MVV

When we (my mother & brothers) finally made the difficult decision to choose a retirement community for my mom in Atlanta, we toured 5 different places in our target area. While each community had nice amenities, we chose MVV because (1) it felt like home to our mother; (2) it had all the amenities that our mother wanted; (3) it was a well-established community on a lovely and safe campus and very close to everything; (4) we loved the garden-style apartments; (5) the value was so good that my mother was able to get a 2-BR, 2 full bath with an upgraded kitchen with granite counter tops and all new, full-size appliances; and (6) Linda [Removeed], the caring & wonderful MVV hostess. As her children, we left feeling confident that my mother was in a safe, caring environment where she could be happy and where we could reach her easily.

Friendly Residents

This was a pleasant tour. The community looked nice and well maintained. The staff was very informative and friendly. They offer nice activities daily. The residents were very friendly as well. The tour went well.

Pros and Cons

These are privately owned condominiums. Beware of a particular owner that acts like she represents Mount Vernon Village. Also know that current management is new and provided by Parc. Pros: great location, one meal a day provided, laundry 1/wk, housekeeping every other week, small community, roomy condo with great floor plan, private patio, friendly staff. Cons: building needs repairs/updating and could be cleaner, mixed review on friendliness of residents, assume experience will vary depending on leesor and private care services used.

Very lively place

Lots of activities and things to do. Everyone is friends here and we do things together even. Very lively and fun for everyone.

Things are going well here

Things are going well here considering the circumstances. The facility is nice and clean with a pretty big community. The staff is always nice. We do not have any complaints so far, at least none worth mentioning.

So far my loved one likes it here.

So far my loved one likes it here. He hasn't had any complaints. It's more of a condo where each person owns their own apartment. The building is an older one, but you can tell the apartment was recently updated. It works out well, so he can have a dog there. It's easy to maneuver and get around. He likes the food here too. They offer lots of options for socializing as well.

This is my top choice for my parents; great value, good vibe.

Very nice place!

I think they do a good job overall at Mount Vernon Retirement Village, I'd give them high marks across the board. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional. It's a very nice place!

Beautiful apts and nice folks but my mother in law thought the menu was too limited.

Good Bang for the Buck

My wife and I had friends who lived there, and they were very satisfied, so we referred another friend, and he thought that it was a great value.

Great for my mom

From the value, the price, the responsiveness of the staff, it's been a great move for my mom. She's very happy over there. She likes the food. She's a big reader so she hasn't gotten into too many of the activites. They have had a coupld of new resident parities which she enjoyed.

The director called. Was super nice.

The director called. Was super nice.