Sunrise of West Bloomfield - West Bloomfield Township, MI

Sales pitch was pushy.

I really liked the facility and it looked very beautiful. All of the staff members were wonderful and nice. This community is more geared towards people who are very active and like going to a bunch of activities. It’s very bright, vibrant, and active here. The only downside is that they had a sales pitch and they really pushed it. The woman who was giving me the tour was dressed very provocatively to drive her sales pitch. I would recommend this facility, but for the right people who are active.

Very nice facility. Busy road, does not allow smoking, deal breaker for dad.

My husband has been there two weeks and so far I have been very happy with the care he has received. The staff seems very caring and professional.

Very nice memory care facility. Appears clean, staff very friendly. Residents seem happy and many participate in activities. Lovely flower garden area residents care for.

Very nice!

The tour was great and the community is beautiful. The staff answered all of my questions and we enjoyed it. The only thing that me and my friend did not like is that they were only independent living and we needed assisted living.

Great field trips!!

My loved one has really enjoyed his stay so far at this community, the staff have done a great job at making sure that my dad is comfortable and his needs are being met. He has especially enjoyed the different field trips they take them on and the various activities they do with the residents during the week. I overall have no complaints and would recommend this facility.

We have been very happy with the care at sunrise. The staff is incredibly friendly and kind. The food is good the care is excellent.

Beautiful facility, clean, well-maintained. Staff are friendly and professional. I was touring to find appropriate care for my mother with dementia. I was very impressed with their Reminiscence unit and us of Validation Method to interact with people with cognitive impairment. Their whole program is designed to optimize cognitive and physical function of the residents. Each person is treated with dignity, respect, kindness and compassion. There is a waiting list, so currently no bed available for my mom. I am in the process now of having my mother evaluated by her doctor and neurologist. I would definitely select Sunrise for my mom.

Caring, professional staff

I think they've done an excellent job looking after my loved one so far at Sunrise of West Bloomfield. The staff here is friendly and professional, and they honestly and truthfully seem to care about the wellbeing of the residents. They're keeping him as comfortable as is possible.

A Great Place

Sunrise provided exceptional care for Mom. Their staff was extremely friendly and attentive from the first day and their nursing staff provided frequent and timely feedback. She has been able to recover to the point that we are planning to move her back into an independent living facility in the next few weeks.

Thank-you, Sunrise!

Al prvt rm= $4995, semi=app...

Al prvt rm= $4995, semi=approx. $4000. Incontinent supplies fee, move in fee $2000?? Beautiful building, rooms are inviting, sunlight, residents were quiet but looked happy, people able to interact, care givers visible and pleasant. Nurse detected issues with John that I agreed with needs to be checked by doctor. Spoke with Nurse Kim and met with Tammy Kirby

Resident Care

Everyone involved with caring for others must realize that each individual, especially the elderly, have different needs. All resident care facilities should maintain ample educated, trustworthy and trained staff to care for their residents. Caregivers should be able to recognize and address each resident’s needs.

I did not find this kind of care at Sunrise of West Bloomfield, Michigan.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience in our community. Please contact us at [removed] so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

Mom's care

Everyone is very friendly. There were a few hiccups at the beginning with the administration but everything was worked out. So far they have been very helpful and pleasant with mom. She can be difficult. The staff is always pleasant and helpful.

Good Old Days

We chose this community because it is two and a half miles away from our house it was really important to have my father in law close by. He did not want to leave California but once he moved in he gave it 9 out of 10. My mother was looking at properties with me and agrees this was a great choice for his situation. We had visited a lot of bad properties and are happy we did because that just shows how much better Sunrise of West Bloomfield is in comparison. This community is truly amazing. The building and furnishing are a little outdated but it gives it a feeling of the good old days. He is currently in a semi-private room, with no occupant, while we wait for a studio to open up. The staff is very passionate and it shows that they really enjoy their jobs. It is a small community of about 40 residents where everyone just seems to know everyone first name. We are very happy with our decision.

Met with staff and tour...

Met with staff and tour the facility. Nice setup and RN on site seems knowledgeable. Only negative is distance from Detroit. Doubtful anyone would visit and doc visited to offices in Detroit would be tough. 3K per month

visited and liked.. activities,...

visited and liked.. activities, has inhouse PT/OT/SLP,

Had some good feelings about Sunrise ...

Had some good feelings about Sunrise and some not so sure feelings. Good = residents seemed happy - even one woman I met in open double who preferred to stay in her room; Staff also seemed friendly - especially the director and her assistant. She spent a LOT of time with me explaining the Sunrise philosophy; she did not rush and was very kind. "Not so sures" = dog/cat on premises (mom doesn't like pets and I am allergic to cats); not very clear on how they will toilet/manage incontinence - care staff seem minimal - not sure how often they check on residents - only saw them passing med.

This is right by us. Smaller facilit...

This is right by us. Smaller facility and dad could schedule a ride to the Y. They do not have other then light exercise equipment.