Destinations at Alexander - North Las Vegas, NV

A great place to live

We are very happy with the community that we are living. We like all the activities that are offered. They have parties and trips away from the community. They have occasions where you are served a meal, but we like cooking for ourselves. We would recommend this nice and very clean community for others who want to enjoy a great place to live.

Crime

Beware of crime. Police were here for daylight robbery & last week a stolen car. Things are going down hill fast with new owners. Grounds are not well maintained once you leave the front. Always trash around the walkways. Also the maintenance staff fly around on carts & we have almost been hit twice since they did not stop or even look before rounding a corner. Office staff does not care.

Happy With The Staff and Care

They are so welcoming and it really feels like a home, I feel at home. Ms. Christine is the biggest joy and sweetest woman. She takes the time to make each person feel welcomed. There was many issues in the beginning but jumped right on them and fixed it. They are always smiling and cheerful and they are happy to help. I am paying less and getting more and it comes with a smile and genuine.

Beware

My parents wanted a place to retire and live comfortably. Little did they know the rent would increase heavily after a year and promises of new carpet and new appliances would be installed at a later time. The new carpet never happened and if your wanted new appliances then your rent would increase heavily. Even if you don't get new appliances, every year the rent increases-at least by $50.

Now for someone on social security that is a hefty increase. The management will tell you no the rates don't increase by much but it does. My parents could not continue to afford to pay more money every year so they gave notice and had to pay their last months rent. Now a few months later they have a collections notice for the last months rent and for damage to the carpet which the company had advised was brand new, which it wasn't.

My parents didn't even get a phone call or a bill from Destinations at Alexander-just a collections notice. They advised my parents the brand new carpet which was replaced was now damaged. New carpet, that never happened. How can a senior living community take advantage of the elderly. My father is 78, really come on Destinations at Alexander.

So before you consider living there, do your homework and talk to some of the residents. They will tell you the truth. There is so much turnover at this community it is so sad. The management is horrible. It's all about money and not taking care of senior citizen residents. My parents would even volunteer with activities and any help needed at the community, and this is how they are treated. Please beware. I am just trying to let you know it is now what it seems on their website.

A good home for me.

This is a nice community for me. I am happy with the staff and the assistance they give. It is a clean and nice enviroment for me. They offer a large amount of activities to stay active. There are changes here that have been done since I have moved in. I would recommmend care for other families for the care and value.

Outstanding Care

We are very happy at this community. The staff is excellent and very helpful for everything that we need here. The food is good and a good variety is available. Alot of wonderful activities are available and we like to participate most of the time. We recommend this for a great care with a good value to other family members that we excellent care for there loved ones.

My Father is Happy Here

My father is doing well here at these senior apartments. I'am pleased with everything they have done for us. They do a good job the cleanliness of the community, the grounds are well maintained as well. The staff is good, they have been helpful and responsive. They do have activities available for the residents. Overall I would highly recommend Destinations at Alexander.

Destination wonderful

The staff here is excellent. I enjoy talking to them as they help my family memebers stay healthy and stay on top of there duties. All of the workers here are excellent, I really feel like they care.

Supposed to be senior community; however, tenants have family living in units. Management does not enforce community rules. Kids, young adults come and go at all hours. Tenant parking not enforced. Families living in tenants take up spaces allocated for tenants. Not a "true" senior community.

They are very nice apartments.

They are very nice apartments. They are very happy with it. They have nice activities, exercise classes, and luncheons, they really like it. It's well kept, and maintained. We are very happy with the apartments.

clean & friendly

My only complaint is that the day I moved in the place was not really ready for occupancy. Other than that everything has been really good. Everything here is very nice and neat. The place is very clean and well kept, the people are incredibly nice and friendly, and they have a lot of good activities.

Feeling independent & secure.

We have found Destinations to be a quiet, secure, & fun place to live. It seems there is always something to do, & we are grateful for all the activities available to us. Staff, on a couple occasions, have gone out of their way to meet our needs in a timely manner, & for that, we are, also grateful. We, also, like the location. We seem to be quite close to all those
places we frequent. The tenants are all so friendly & nice, too. We still feel our independence, but feel secure in the help available when needed.

Nice place!

This has been a very good place for our loved one. The staff are friendly, caring, and conscientious. They really understand and are able to help with the challenges faced by their residents. The facility itself is very nice looking, and always clean. They also do a great job with the food!

Interesting set-up, but too remote for us

The layout of the community was different than the other Destinations locations that we looked at. It is a series of single-story duplexes and fourplexes, and they looked nice from what we saw. It was a very large community. It was a bit remote for us though, my husband and I like to walk and there isn't much within walking distance.

At Destinations, a 55+ senior apartment community in North Las Vegas, we have set colossal standards for quality and choice, and in all things fun. You will be amazed by how many exciting social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Our signature Destinations Clubhouse™ provides a gathering place for friends, and a place to make new ones. And with no boring home maintenance projects anymore, you’ll really be able to live it up!

Destinations – it’s a fun place. Tell your friends!