Desert View Senior Living - Las Vegas, NV

Amazing team work! You must look at them!

I only had a few days to get this done and the transition for my parents with the assistance of the entire team at Desert View was better than expected. It was near perfect considering the short notice I was given from dads rehab facility’. It was quite frankly flawless. My parents adjusted nicely-mom especially. Physically she’s improving and is now socially active and coming downstairs. We even processed dads VA claim within a week of moving in. Five stars and I wish I could give more!

Charlie Wolff

Thanks Dennis! We often get immediate discharge from rehab and usually with 1-2 days notice leaving families searching for a solution. We know the stress that comes with that process for families. Our policy is treat every call as a 911 emergency and in your case we, along with your help, completed a miracle move-in in less than 4 days. Families need a solution now. We are in the healthcare business to serve and this team understands that more than any other I've had the pleasure of being a part of. To hear such great praise means so much to everyone and I shared your review with our housekeepers, care staff, maintenance team, dining crew, and the Directors as it goes along way in inspiring us to continue to excel above expectations when a family is in need. It was a pleasure to assist you in filing dads VA within a week of moving in.Thank you also for serving your country. Never Forget....

The right place for mom.

I have continuously found ALL the staff to be friendly at all times, from the director to the cleaning staff. Everyone says "hello" whenever you pass in the hall. Not just friendly but helpful. Always asking if they can help. It is a small facility. The size was one of the reasons I chose it. I felt my mom would not get lost in the shuffle so to speak. I also felt that she would be more comfortable in an intimate setting where the staff would know her by name and she would feel a connection to the staff.

Charlie Wolff

Desert View's staff are not only the friendliest in Las Vegas but they strive to make the family experience a happy one upon each visit. We call it growing smiles. Our philosophy is all about customer service and care from Admin and Care staff to Housekeeping and Concierge. Without one or the other, Desert View would be just another care community with employees like too many in the industry. I love your description that mom "would not get lost in the shuffle". With 113 residents we are considered a mid-size community. The building is easy to navigate and that makes it easier for our residents to get around without feeling lost. Thank you for sharing your view of Desert View.

The best experience and care

This is a wonderful, kind, and compassionate community. From first impression to after mom moved in. The care team has been so loving and attentive from day one and we don’t think there’s a better place in Las Vegas. The food and chef are amazing too!

Charlie Wolff

Thank you for your review. Families rely on input from from families like yours to make important decision for their parents who deserve the best care available. We strive as a team to represent Desert View as what Assisted Living should be for all seniors. It comes from the heart and we have to give credit to the amazing caregivers who put the residents needs above everything. I'm proud to say many have been on our care team for 10 years or more. Experience can't be replaced and that's what separates Desert View from most any other AL. And yes!...the chef is amazing isn't she?

A new caring home for mom or dad

This community is awesome! Couldn’t put a family member in a more warm caring inviting community. The care for resident is the best. The entire staff is extremely caring and upstart. Everybody is just awesome from dining staff to housekeeping and care team, there couldn’t be a better anywhere!

Charlie Wolff

It's a team effort and every department takes pride in the service they provide. The care comes from compassion which can't be taught. Thank you for choosing Desert View Sr. Living for mom.

Desert View equals FAMILY

I love Desert View!

Charlie Wolff

Thank You! Please share your experience with other families who need a place for mom or dad.

We are now here 2 months. Our interactions with [name removed] has been very good. He has always been available to help in every and answer any questions. He is a definite asset to this community.

Charlie Wolff

Thank you Gloria! Your case was a very difficult case and it is extremely important that we respond to your family needs quickly to help you reduce the stress. I hope the transition for your loved one continues to meet your needs. We are here to serve you in every capacity to make sure your experience and care meets your expectations.

Care extraordinaire!

I have visited the community to see how a friend was adjusting after losing her husband. It was a difficult transition for her to leave her home and move to assisted living. It’s now feen a month and she adjusted so well! She’s engaged with residents and believes that the staff made the difference. She’s gone from depressed to happy. I would say that this community is better than I expected and recommend families to see how amazing the care is. It’s clean, tre food is amazing and my friend can’t be shy happier.

Charlie Wolff

Thank you sooo much for the observation and telling us how we have done. Losing a loved one and facing a new environment without them happens all too many times. Being around people in any capacity whether very active or just socializing occasionally lessens depression and transition anxiety. After settling it's like magic and the resident settles into their new found lifestyle. Please keep letting us know how we are doing. WE appreciate your insight.

Actual rating 5 stars plus!

I actually rated Desert View a 5 stars across the board. Can you please change the 4 to a 5? My cell phone showed the 5th star as grey so it looked liked that was a 5. This is a phenomenal community. I wish I could go be them 6 stars.

Charlie Wolff

Thanks for pointing that out. Your situation was unique as you were given a very small and very short notice. You really helped so we could make this happen. Give yourself a pat on the back too! You deserve it!

Fabulousl beyond expectations

I have had nothing but over the top service. Staff is friendly and always willing to help. The chef is amazing and the food is really top notch. The grounds and building are always clean and spotlessl.

Charlie Wolff

It was a pleasure helping your husband settle into our community. It's that peace of mind we were looking for but it's very nice to see we have done better than expected. Thanks Bonnie!

No condolences

When I was searching for a home for my dad I couldn't have asked for a better caring facility. The staff at the facility were amazing and they made my dad feel loved. Each time he was taken to the hospital they welcomed him back and he really felt the love. The young people working there in the memory care facility where my dad lived worked hard and had patience.

Unfortunately, my dad passed away in May. It was a really sad time for the family. The staff working in the memory care unit were great.
The reason that I am not giving 5 stars is because after my dad passed, I did not receive a single call or note offering condolences from the management of the facility. I received calls and cards from everyone that handled his care including the VA Clinic and NOTHING from Desert View. I know it might not be important to some but to me it was. It is now three months later and I am able to write this review. Thanks!

Charlie Wolff

My apologies that we neglected to send you a condolence card. We obviously missed this and deeply regret it as we cherish all of our residents. We make it a point to gather all caregivers and staff at the front door when residents pass away to show our respect as they leave our building. Our philosophy is that all residents come through the front door and deserve a proper goodbye when they are called home. This helps us remind our staff that nothing should be overlooked and will go a long way to improving in an area that made a deep impression on you and your family.

I couldn’t be happier

The official staff, medical technicians, maintenance team, activity advisor, housekeeping staff, care team members and wait staff are all top notch. The building and grounds are well kept and it’s genuinely a cheerful and caring environment managed by competent and compassionate people. I couldn’t be happier with my choice of Desert View! 5 Stars across the board.

Charlie Wolff

Thank you! We appreciate your acknowledged all of the departments as it truly is a team here at Desert View. Mom is doing well and loves her Bingo!

Exceptional Care!

I cannot say more about the care and love provided by Desert View. I am a registered nurse and go to many facilities and this one by far is one of the best. Your family member is not just a resident, but is also part of their family. I have personally seen beautiful acts of kindness that one would only do out of the kindness of their heart.

Charlie Wolff

Thank you Martha. Coming from the industry it carries a lot of weight to hear it from the people who work with the care team. There are not a lot of communities that have caregivers that have been in the same building for 10-17 years. treating a loved one like they are family is one area we take great pride in and emphasize with our team.

Perfect place for mom

These people GREAT! I did a lot of interviewing before placing my mother here a few months ago. [Name removed] and his staff are very professional!
Highly recommended!!!!

Charlie Wolff

Thank you for the opportunity to care for your mom. We do everything possible to help our residents succeed in an Assisted Living environment. We appreciate you and your family and your partnership. Our philosophy is to love each resident as if they were our parent. The caregivers deserve the recognition and we will pass along your kind words!

A Loving Place

My mother-in-law moved into Desert View in the Fall of '17 and lived there until her passing. I loved that the staff took the time to truly get to know and love her! The care givers were always gentle with moving her as cancer ravaged her body leaving her in extreme pain. They were always willing to listen to any questions or concerns about her, but more importantly, they were always quick to adjust her care! They notified us of any changes they saw in my mother-in-law. As the end approached, they worked hand in hand with our hospice provider to ensure her comfort. My mother-in-law was able to spend her last days in her apartment, comfortable and loved. The staff will always have a special place in our hearts!

Charlie Wolff

When you came by to thank us it meant the world to us and touched us deeply. Thank you for entrusting her care to our team. Your kind words and heartfelt review will help other families in similar situations. We appreciated you and your family beyond words and will always remember her beautiful soul.

Great Staff!!

My mother recently had a respite stay at this community and I have no complaints of how things had went for her. the staff where very kind and made sure to answer any questions I ever had for them. I was defiantly happy with the care plan they gave my mom for that month she was there. She has no problems with the meals and often enjoyed the activity program with the other residents. Overall it was a great place and I would recommend it to anyone interested.

Charlie Wolff

If you ever need additional services in the future or another respite stay, please let me know. You are a VIP in our book!

My experience

I drove by this community and it looked nice. The people I spoke to over the phone were nice and knowledgable about the community. The community we chose was in a better location for us

Charlie Wolff

Thank you for your recent review. If you eve need us we are here! Please don't forget to mention us to your friends, cow-workers, and family that may be looking for an amazing community in the desirable Northwest.

Very friendly and caring

Desert View Senior Living is a very clean and inviting community. The staff is very friendly and are taking good care of my dad. They work with him and listen to our concerns and work with his schedule. He really likes his room which has a large closet that is perfect for his needs. The food is good but we wish they could provide more foods and desserts that were more suitable for the needs of a diabetic. My dad is still acclimating to the new environment but he has participated and enjoyed the activities he has engaged in. They do offer transportation for shopping and other excursions. There are benches outside in the front and patios in the back for the residents to get some fresh air. I would recommend this community to others.

Charlie Wolff

As the newest team member I love hearing about how wonderful this community has been. Please stop by and say hello when you are near the community relations office. I look forward to meeting you sometime soon!

Nice And quite

I am still settling in but I think this community is the perfect fit for me. The location is great it's close to all the places that I shop at quite convenient. The community itself is just the right size for me not overly big and not too small. It is just the right size and it is nice and quiet. I really love my apartment it is nice and spacious I have enough room to live very comfortably. Housekeeping comes in once a week and does a good job. I normally go down to bring food from the dining room to my room and the food is ok. I have joined a couple of the activities there are quite a few they offer and once I am completely settled I plan to join more.

A nice community for care

I toured this community for the care. We did like the menu and the staff. We were informed on the activities that are offered. The community was small but nice. We would recommend families tour this community for care of a loved one.

Charlie Wolff

Please share your experience with families that may need our community. We appreciate it very much.

Desert View Las Vegas memory facility

There are some advantages of having a memory care wing attached to a Senior Living facility. Seniors can easily move to memory care. Senior area has a small fitness room available to memory care patients. I take wife there daily for short work outs on exercise bike and other machines which should keep her more physically healthy and mobile. They do take memory patients to attend live entertainment shows in assisted living area.

Friendly Staff!!

The staff at this community where very friendly to my loved one and I during our tour and gave us lots of great information of there facility and everything they had to offer. The building was east to navigate through and they had lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

I moved my Dad into Willow Creek Memory care 18 months ago. The staff is so caring and very respectful of all his needs. Dad enjoys the big beautiful courtyard and all the activities especially the outings on Thursday's.
The community is clean, fresh and smells good. The whole team works together and have a lot of knowledge about Dementia.

Best Staff in Las Vegas

Can not say enough great things about Willow Creek..
My mother has been at willow creek for two years now. She went from the day care and respite program into a residency. The staff held my hand through out the process. I was in denial about mom as I wished to keep her home. I am not one to write reviews but feel you should know just how much the staff cares about the residents and their families.
Thank you Willow Creek I could not have made this move without you and your staff!!! A++++

Going through transition!

Ever since my loved one moved in, they moved her into the wrong apartment and had to move her again. They have recently been bought out and are undergoing changes. The residents are concerned about the changes and hope things will get better soon.

Still getting a feel...

My mother has been in and out of the Willow Creek so it is hard to really say, but so far it has been a good experience. I will be updating my review in a few months with more details.

Right on Point!

I moved my Mom into Willow Creek after having a battle within. The staff has been very friendly and very accommodating. June is amazing and made sure that while my mom was there that she was okay. Unfortunately, Mom started to wander and ended up two blocks away from the facility. The staff rushed to her rescue and brought her back to the facility. At that point Mom ended up needing more care than they can provide in the assisted living portion of the community and memory care is not affordable for her so we moved her home with us. I really have nothing negative to say about the place. I would definitely recommend them!

It was amazing. They were perfect from beginning to end.

It was amazing. They were perfect from beginning to end.

5 stars

Very caring facility.

My dad is still in rehab so he hasn't gone yet. When I went to view the facility it was very clean. The staff was very friendly and the property was in good condition. I was not able to see any activities but they do offer them.

Willow Creek at Buffalo a friendly happy place to be

Willow creek is an amazing place. What makes it so good is the staff. It is Resident centered, friendly, warm and feels like home. The Residents all seem very happy. The staff knows everyone by first name, they always have a smile and are respectful and considerate. They all seem to like their jobs.
The Facility however needs a lot of work. The Owners are lucky they have such good staff as the staff manages to keep the facility together without any apparent support from ownership.
There have been some recent major repairs done to the plumbing and Hot Water system which were badly needed. The facility needs upkeep and maintenance which the Owners need to pay more attention to.
We picked this place for the excellent personalized care that our Elder family member needed and figured the facility was less important. Great place for an Elderly person who needs personalized care, and attention. For a more Independent Senior who is more aware of the maintenance issues and the fact that the Building needs updating this may not be your first choice.
The pricing is very fair for the service. Some of the other fancier updated facilities were definitely priced much higher.
Overall a good value for the money and excellent personalized care.

Fantastic Place

It was wonderful and a very, very good experience with Willow Creek. The staff was fantastic and my loved one ended up in their 24/7 care unit and the care could not have been any better. They really did a great job.

So far, so good

My Mom is there and she is doing fine. She seems to enjoy the other residents, the meals and the activities that are planned. So far, so good.

my experience was not the best

My experience with Willow Creek at Buffalo Assisted Living was not the best. My husband was only there for six days before they said he could not stay there any more because he was too active. Then he ended up in the hospital and passed away shortly after.

I would not recommend them to anybody who has a loved one that is still active. I would only consider them if your loved one will be lying down and be very inactive not doing much of anything.

After 6 days at the facility the staff had a problem taking care of a resident. Staff needs to be more trained with dementia residents sending a resident to a hospital should be the last resort.

We are happy with them so far.

We are happy with them so far. I would rate them very highly. We don't have any concerns about how clean it's kept or how friendly their staff is, and I don't get complaints about the food.

Willow Creek is Wonderful!

I tend not to review places/products, but this time I am making an exception. Willow Creek is wonderful! I can easily say that because of how happy my 92 year old Mother feels about her apartment, the staff, the food, and the many friends she has made at Willow Creek. Even at 92 she was bound and determined to continue to live on her own, but knew she needed assistance that I was not able to provide her on a daily basis. We checked out and toured several facilities and service agencies and after completing our tour of Willow Creek, Mom said "I don't need to see anyplace else." And neither one of us has regretted the decision to make the move to Willow Creek.

Could have een better

It was clean, but wasn’t as inviting, not as warm as the one I selected. It just didn’t seem as welcoming as I would have liked.

So far, we are pleased with Willow Cr...

So far, we are pleased with Willow Creek. The staff are all very friendly, and the facility is very clean. We really liked the facility the best out of the other options, and the location was a plus as well! My mom is happy with the food, and we are happy with the place!

Good Caregivers but VERY Understaffed

The care is good for the people who are there. The trouble is that they are very shorthanded because they don't' want to pay their people enough so they leave. When we first moved in we got an excellent caretaker and he received very good care from her but she had to leave because after 5 years they still refused to up her pay fro $10 an hour which is completely unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. To think they're going to be able to keep quality people while paying them like that is ridiculous. They are no where near the caregiver to patient ratio that they would like you think they are. Each caregiver gives good care but there are just not enough around. Apparently the management cares more about making a profit than caring for the people. The actual caregivers I would give a 5 but the management gets a 1.

There are activities if the people are mobile enough to get to them but if they're not they just let the patients sit where they are. We chose it because it was the closest and most convenient for us but had I known then what I know now, I never would have put him there.

1.6 miles from house. Also has memory...

1.6 miles from house. Also has memory care.

same owner - 2 locations.

same owner - 2 locations.

very clean. Staff is friendly.

very clean. Staff is friendly.

Whether you are looking to simplify your life as an independent senior or need a little assistance with day-to-day tasks in our assisted living, Desert View Senior Living offers you a variety of spacious floor plans and amenities to fit your needs. If Memory Care is required, come visit our quaint home like higher needs neighborhood.

Working together to create a sense of community, our dedicated and compassionate staff will strive to exceed your expectations and make a difference in the lives of those we serve by providing exceptional care and service, and remembering you are the reason we are here. Veterans are especially welcome.