Desert View Senior Living - Las Vegas, NV

Great Staff!!

My mother recently had a respite stay at this community and I have no complaints of how things had went for her. the staff where very kind and made sure to answer any questions I ever had for them. I was defiantly happy with the care plan they gave my mom for that month she was there. She has no problems with the meals and often enjoyed the activity program with the other residents. Overall it was a great place and I would recommend it to anyone interested.

My experience

I drove by this community and it looked nice. The people I spoke to over the phone were nice and knowledgable about the community. The community we chose was in a better location for us

Very friendly and caring

Desert View Senior Living is a very clean and inviting community. The staff is very friendly and are taking good care of my dad. They work with him and listen to our concerns and work with his schedule. He really likes his room which has a large closet that is perfect for his needs. The food is good but we wish they could provide more foods and desserts that were more suitable for the needs of a diabetic. My dad is still acclimating to the new environment but he has participated and enjoyed the activities he has engaged in. They do offer transportation for shopping and other excursions. There are benches outside in the front and patios in the back for the residents to get some fresh air. I would recommend this community to others.

Nice And quite

I am still settling in but I think this community is the perfect fit for me. The location is great it's close to all the places that I shop at quite convenient. The community itself is just the right size for me not overly big and not too small. It is just the right size and it is nice and quiet. I really love my apartment it is nice and spacious I have enough room to live very comfortably. Housekeeping comes in once a week and does a good job. I normally go down to bring food from the dining room to my room and the food is ok. I have joined a couple of the activities there are quite a few they offer and once I am completely settled I plan to join more.

A nice community for care

I toured this community for the care. We did like the menu and the staff. We were informed on the activities that are offered. The community was small but nice. We would recommend families tour this community for care of a loved one.

Desert View Las Vegas memory facility

There are some advantages of having a memory care wing attached to a Senior Living facility. Seniors can easily move to memory care. Senior area has a small fitness room available to memory care patients. I take wife there daily for short work outs on exercise bike and other machines which should keep her more physically healthy and mobile. They do take memory patients to attend live entertainment shows in assisted living area.

Friendly Staff!!

The staff at this community where very friendly to my loved one and I during our tour and gave us lots of great information of there facility and everything they had to offer. The building was east to navigate through and they had lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

I moved my Dad into Willow Creek Memory care 18 months ago. The staff is so caring and very respectful of all his needs. Dad enjoys the big beautiful courtyard and all the activities especially the outings on Thursday's.
The community is clean, fresh and smells good. The whole team works together and have a lot of knowledge about Dementia.

Best Staff in Las Vegas

Can not say enough great things about Willow Creek..
My mother has been at willow creek for two years now. She went from the day care and respite program into a residency. The staff held my hand through out the process. I was in denial about mom as I wished to keep her home. I am not one to write reviews but feel you should know just how much the staff cares about the residents and their families.
Thank you Willow Creek I could not have made this move without you and your staff!!! A++++

Going through transition!

Ever since my loved one moved in, they moved her into the wrong apartment and had to move her again. They have recently been bought out and are undergoing changes. The residents are concerned about the changes and hope things will get better soon.

Still getting a feel...

My mother has been in and out of the Willow Creek so it is hard to really say, but so far it has been a good experience. I will be updating my review in a few months with more details.

Right on Point!

I moved my Mom into Willow Creek after having a battle within. The staff has been very friendly and very accommodating. June is amazing and made sure that while my mom was there that she was okay. Unfortunately, Mom started to wander and ended up two blocks away from the facility. The staff rushed to her rescue and brought her back to the facility. At that point Mom ended up needing more care than they can provide in the assisted living portion of the community and memory care is not affordable for her so we moved her home with us. I really have nothing negative to say about the place. I would definitely recommend them!

It was amazing. They were perfect from beginning to end.

It was amazing. They were perfect from beginning to end.

5 stars

Very caring facility.

My dad is still in rehab so he hasn't gone yet. When I went to view the facility it was very clean. The staff was very friendly and the property was in good condition. I was not able to see any activities but they do offer them.

Willow Creek at Buffalo a friendly happy place to be

Willow creek is an amazing place. What makes it so good is the staff. It is Resident centered, friendly, warm and feels like home. The Residents all seem very happy. The staff knows everyone by first name, they always have a smile and are respectful and considerate. They all seem to like their jobs.
The Facility however needs a lot of work. The Owners are lucky they have such good staff as the staff manages to keep the facility together without any apparent support from ownership.
There have been some recent major repairs done to the plumbing and Hot Water system which were badly needed. The facility needs upkeep and maintenance which the Owners need to pay more attention to.
We picked this place for the excellent personalized care that our Elder family member needed and figured the facility was less important. Great place for an Elderly person who needs personalized care, and attention. For a more Independent Senior who is more aware of the maintenance issues and the fact that the Building needs updating this may not be your first choice.
The pricing is very fair for the service. Some of the other fancier updated facilities were definitely priced much higher.
Overall a good value for the money and excellent personalized care.

Fantastic Place

It was wonderful and a very, very good experience with Willow Creek. The staff was fantastic and my loved one ended up in their 24/7 care unit and the care could not have been any better. They really did a great job.

So far, so good

My Mom is there and she is doing fine. She seems to enjoy the other residents, the meals and the activities that are planned. So far, so good.

my experience was not the best

My experience with Willow Creek at Buffalo Assisted Living was not the best. My husband was only there for six days before they said he could not stay there any more because he was too active. Then he ended up in the hospital and passed away shortly after.

I would not recommend them to anybody who has a loved one that is still active. I would only consider them if your loved one will be lying down and be very inactive not doing much of anything.

After 6 days at the facility the staff had a problem taking care of a resident. Staff needs to be more trained with dementia residents sending a resident to a hospital should be the last resort.

We are happy with them so far.

We are happy with them so far. I would rate them very highly. We don't have any concerns about how clean it's kept or how friendly their staff is, and I don't get complaints about the food.

Willow Creek is Wonderful!

I tend not to review places/products, but this time I am making an exception. Willow Creek is wonderful! I can easily say that because of how happy my 92 year old Mother feels about her apartment, the staff, the food, and the many friends she has made at Willow Creek. Even at 92 she was bound and determined to continue to live on her own, but knew she needed assistance that I was not able to provide her on a daily basis. We checked out and toured several facilities and service agencies and after completing our tour of Willow Creek, Mom said "I don't need to see anyplace else." And neither one of us has regretted the decision to make the move to Willow Creek.

Could have een better

It was clean, but wasn’t as inviting, not as warm as the one I selected. It just didn’t seem as welcoming as I would have liked.

So far, we are pleased with Willow Cr...

So far, we are pleased with Willow Creek. The staff are all very friendly, and the facility is very clean. We really liked the facility the best out of the other options, and the location was a plus as well! My mom is happy with the food, and we are happy with the place!

Good Caregivers but VERY Understaffed

The care is good for the people who are there. The trouble is that they are very shorthanded because they don't' want to pay their people enough so they leave. When we first moved in we got an excellent caretaker and he received very good care from her but she had to leave because after 5 years they still refused to up her pay fro $10 an hour which is completely unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. To think they're going to be able to keep quality people while paying them like that is ridiculous. They are no where near the caregiver to patient ratio that they would like you think they are. Each caregiver gives good care but there are just not enough around. Apparently the management cares more about making a profit than caring for the people. The actual caregivers I would give a 5 but the management gets a 1.

There are activities if the people are mobile enough to get to them but if they're not they just let the patients sit where they are. We chose it because it was the closest and most convenient for us but had I known then what I know now, I never would have put him there.

1.6 miles from house. Also has memory...

1.6 miles from house. Also has memory care.

same owner - 2 locations.

same owner - 2 locations.

very clean. Staff is friendly.

very clean. Staff is friendly.

Whether you are looking to simplify your life in our independent living or need a little assistance with day-to-day tasks in our assisted living, Desert View Senior Living offers you a variety of spacious floor plans and amenities to fit your needs.

Working together to create a sense of community, our dedicated and compassionate staff will strive to exceed your expectations and make a difference in the lives of those we serve by providing exceptional care and service, and remembering you are the reason we are here.