Atria Valley View - Walnut Creek, CA

Eye candy - no substance

Everything here is eye candy to entice you to live there. Once you pay the $5000 non refundable deposit you will find out that the care giving, food, private room housekeeping and room maintenance are mediocre at best. Billing done a fine job collecting your money however. Shop around carefully before committing to this one.

Kate Vance

Thanks for your feedback - it sounds like some of your expectations aren't being met, and I'm sorry to hear that. If you'd like to share more detail, please send me an email at [removed]. From there, I can determine who is best suited to address your concerns.

To far

We toured this community and it was nice. The staff that did the tour was helpful and answered all of my questions. It was pretty and had lots of trees. It was just to far away from the downtown area.

Beautiful setting with a wonderful staff. The only worrisome issue I had was that I realized later the staff mixed up the dosage of two of the meds my sister was taking was taking but without harm to my sister.

Friendly people!!

The tour guide at Atria Valley View was very informative and friendly. She referred me to Atria Walnut Creek actually, because they have younger more active residents which are what worked beast for my mother. It was a good experience to tour.

Beautiful Care

I liked the tour at this community. The staff was kind and helpful. We liked that we were informed on the care that is offered. We liked the variety of healthy meals and the assortment of activities. We would have moved into this community for excellent care, but it was more than what we were able to afford. Families should tour this community for the care that is offered.

I like the location it's pretty quiet, and I like the room, it's very nice.

So far it's only been about a month, and it's just a matter of getting adjusted. I got what I wanted, which was a ground floor room. I like the location it's pretty quiet, and I like the room, it's very nice.

Very nice facility!

My loved one's stay at this Atria location is going great! The facility is nicer than the other locations we toured, and the staff makes sure that my loved one is taken care of. There are also many activities for my loved one to participate in. One concern we do have is the fact that the food is not too good, but overall, this is a nice facility!

Nice community

My father likes the food and it's clean when I visit. I think that their medical personal does a wonderful job.

My parents happy home

My paretns are happy with this community. We find that the staff are very kind and helpful to there needs. The menu is health and my parents like the variety. They offer alot of activiites for the residents that do want to participate. We like that they are happy here and do recommend this community for other families for the care and the value for a loved one.

My Home

This is a great home for me. The staff is great. The food is very good and a nice variety. They offer great activities. I would recommend this community for other families.

I would recommend Atria Valley View!!

The staff seem attentive and friendly. We did have an issue with their response time during the first week, however I believe this issue has been resolved. They give the residents either an alert pendant or bracelet. The food is good. The community is clean and beautiful. They offer a lot of activities.

The Tour Went GOod

I took a tour of this community and was happy with how it was managed. The staff are generous with their time and knowledge, they even helped me see the better things needed. During my tour I notice the residents were doing activities and pretty much it is an active community here. The only thing I did not like is the layout, it seemed enclosed and panoramic.

A great fit for my Mom!

When looking into options we went to many different places and everywhere we went the residents were either half dead or in need of memory care which was very scary for Mom since she is still high functioning and able to do things on her own. When visiting Atria Valley View we knew it would be the best fit for Mom. She has the luxury of participating in activities other than just bingo and the option for laundry service when she doesn't want to do it herself. Mom really appreciates the food and having other residents like herself. The staff have been great and so far I am very happy with the place.

They have done a great job getting her adjusted

They have done a great job getting her adjusted. They went up to her room and brought her meals, because she thought she was going to get lost in the beginning. The only thing I could see that could use improvement, is the food. My Mom says the meals are not always hot. Other than that, they are doing a great job

Like being on a cruise ship!

We are very happy, I'd give 5+ for staff if I could! They are really awesome. The activities go great as well. It's definitely expensive but it's really nice, and the customer service is amazing!

very happy

Everyone is so helpful and nice. The best customer service I have seen in a long time.

very happy

It is really expensive, and you get what you pay for, which means that Atria Valley View is an excellent place that has worked really well for my mother. She is very happy there, so we are happy.

Took a week to get the phone system working after the resident moved in and the resident was billed for all the repairs in their building.
Mediation issues were like playing hardball to get resolved.
The resident moved out after a month or two of not getting his issues resolved.

Happy there

My parents are very happy there. Initially they thought the food wasn’t warm, but when they expressed their displeasure, the dietary staff responded by warming things up better. The best feature of the community is now friendly it is.

Atria Valley View is a wonderful facility!

My father has resided here for just over a month now. The staff and management are very friendly and welcoming. He enjoys the food and is very happy with his studio apartment. At 94 the move has been difficult for him and he is having some issues adjusting, but those are not due to the facility itself. Atria Valley View is a beautiful facility - peaceful and upbeat at the same time. We would recommend that other families tour this facility for their elderly loved ones.

It's worked out pretty well so far.

It's worked out pretty well so far. They were really able to work with us in a difficult situation to get moved in. They were really accommodating. They call me if there is anything out of the ordinary that happens. The food is not quite as good as it was presented when we visited. They also have transportation to and from doctors appointments and things.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your family member and that the communication is strong. I’m sorry, however, if your dining experience has been less than excellent and I encourage you to make suggestions on how we can improve! If you are willing, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include “Atria Valley View” in your subject line.

Beautiful community. We li...

Beautiful community. We like the Alcove unit, first floor #133. If that floor plan is available closer to the central core of the facility, that would be preferred. Rate quoted $5250. Very clean. Staff very friendly. Food excellent.

Wonderful Experience

I visited over 20 properties before deciding on Atria Valley View. Was a little nervous going with a corporation owned facility, but this one really hit every one of my must haves. The facility feels more like home than any other place. Recently renovated, the rooms and social areas are very nice and inviting. The setting is beautiful with a level path that wraps around the building and allows residents to get outside in a safe area. The facility is dog friendly and my mom loves having the family dog visit frequently. The residents seem very happy and they are very social for the most part. Lot's of great activities and the food is wonderful. I've had six meals there so far and every one was delicious. The management is very caring and makes the process of transitioning a loved on into assisted living much less stressful. The care providers are for the most part very friendly and attentive. I wouldn't say they are all super friendly, but caring for the elderly can be a stressful job and I don't think I could be positive about it 24/7 either. Residents get pendants to call for help and my mom has used it frequently. Assistance typically arrives in 10 to 15 minutes. It has taken a little longer on occasion, but in general they have been responsive. My mom gets help getting from bed to the bathroom, moved to the dining room, walks outside, dressed in the morning, assisted showers twice a week, etc. My mom really did not want to go to assisted living, but she is thriving at Atria. She is sleeping better, walking better, has a more positive outlook on life and is making friends. Atria is a 60 minute drive from home for me (without traffic) and I happily make the trip frequently because she is doing so well at this place. I highly recommend Atria and really stress that although it is expensive, that in this case you really do get what you pay for...

Great service by "A place for mom"

We recently had to look for assisted living for my very independent 92 year old mother. We could not have found the right place without the help of Erin from "A place for mom". She very quickly answered our questions and provided several facilities for us to visit. She even arranged tours times and dates for us. We eventually settled on Atria Valley View and we could not be happier. Plus our mom is enjoying it very much.

The assistance and selection of facilities provided by "A place for mom" made our decision much easier and gave us piece of mind that we really had the best place for our mom.

Luckily, we won't need to do this again, but we highly recommend this service

Very friendly staff and newly renovat...

Very friendly staff and newly renovated community! Beautiful!

Very, very nice - one of the top two ...

Very, very nice - one of the top two choices

nice place too big for Pop and he is ...

nice place too big for Pop and he is not independent enough - the Director was fantastic!

No memory care unit, so couldn't prov...

No memory care unit, so couldn't provide for dad. A possibility for mom, expensive though.

With the classic California ambiance of a Mission-style lodge, Atria Valley View is a vibrant assisted living community nestled in the hills of Walnut Creek, conveniently located near downtown, shopping, banking and the John Muir Medical Center.

Recently redeveloped to create strong indoor-outdoor connections, the building has been heralded for its innovative design and has earned LEED® Silver certification, the internationally recognized, eco-friendly stamp of approval.

The casual yet elegant environment evokes a sense of home the moment you walk through the doors. Relax and chat in front of the stone fireplace or bask in the sun on the terrace overlooking the rose garden. And now, Atria Valley View also offers a new customized movie theater, fitness center, salon and spa and scenic walking paths.

License #075600353