Atria Park of Lafayette - Lafayette, CA

We are familiar with this place from searches prior to [named removed]'s last fall on 8/3/17. Will they accept sliding scale for diabetes and provide the other care that he gets in a skilled nursing long-term care facility? Lifting from bed to wheel chair, toilet, PT and changing depends, dressing etc.? If yes...when can we move in?

We will check with them on Thursday. Thanks for arranging the appointment.

Director of activities is impressive

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. This is a really big facility with a great big movie theater. The director of activities was excellent and I was impressed. She was the single most impressing thing about the whole place. My sister-in-law and wife went with me on the tour and they both noticed the same thing I did. We saw everyone just sitting around and it’s like the staff didn’t notice them. There is nothing wrong with the facility; it just wasn’t for my Mother. I would recommend this community to other families.

Excellent tour

This is a nice community for a loved one. We like that they have a lot to offer. The community is clean and maintained. We liked the menu of the meals and the activities that are offered. We would suggest a tour for other families.

I took a tour!

From what I saw of this facility, it looked very nice! It was clean and the staff seemed very friendly! In the end, we did not choose this facility in particular due to location, but this is still a very nice facility!

We are still in the probation period, but our mom is not getting the care and attention we were led to believe she would receive when we signed her up.

Caring Sweet People!!

My mother is really enjoying her stay at the Atria Park of Lafayette. The caregivers are caring sweet people who hug her and call her by her first name when they see her. The only downfall to the staff is they seem to have a lot of turnovers so my mother never really gets used to them. The meals I would say are about a 4 out of 5. Sometimes they run out of orange juice, milk and bread which I don't think is right. On fathers day the chef makes barbeque which I thought was delicious.

Kate Vance

Thanks for being a part of the Atria family and taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm glad you've been able to join us for events, and I'll be sure to share your comments with our chef.

ATRIA LAFAYETTE

THIS PLACE IS THE WORST! They are all about making a profit and the residents are a secondary consideration. Stories of inaccurate medication administration, neglect and employee turnover and frustration are rampant. And the costs are exorbitant when compared to other options in the area. Don't be fooled by the grandeur and smooth sales pitch.

Katy Miller

We put the safety and happiness of our residents above all else, so your comments are concerning to me. Please send me an email at [removed] if you're open to discussing this further.

LOVE

I LOVE EVERYTHING HERE. So happy :)

Very nice, but expensive.

My aunt really liked it here.

We looked here when we were considering places. My aunt really liked it here. She ultimately decided that she didn't need to make this move yet, and stayed home to save money. It was nice though, and the people were nice.

They were excellent here.

They were excellent here. It was clean and the staff was friendly. I think they did a good job, no complaints here. The only reason we moved was because of the distance, it got to be too much to come as often as she needed me to.

Some room for improvement.

It's very clean, but we are having trouble getting them to come in and clean the apartment. The public spaces are kept nice, but we are having trouble getting the housekeeping set up, garbage to be emptied, etc. It didn't happen automatically. The staff is very nice and very hard working. There was a conference on dementia, but they used the room the movies are shown in, and they had a movie listed, but they hadn't planned that out well. They don't carry certain things, and she is paying a lot of money and she doesn't feel like she is getting her money's worth. They had a lunch outing, and she was told that the first three people that sign up for it was free, and that was not quite true. There are other things, that she didn't realize she was going to need to provide like toilet paper. There have been a lot of miscommunications. They used to have a selection of flavors for jams, individual packages, but now they have decided to have a jar of jam, and now there is only one flavor, and no one asked what kind of flavors people like. The weekends are kind of slow there isn't a lot going on, on the weekends. The meals seem very rich and don't seem very healthy.

Kate Vance

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our community and would like to update you on some changes we have made. We have revisited our housekeeping procedures recently to assure the rooms look as great as the rest of the community. In addition, our dietician has made some healthy changes to the menu. We always have a low sodium choice and if residents don't like what is on the regular menu, they can order from the always available menu, which includes things like sandwiches and salads that would be considered less heavy. If you have any questions or feel we can be of further assistance to you and your family, please do not hesitate to contact us via [removed]; including “Atria Lafayette” in your subject line so that we may quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are happy to help!

Atria Lafayett get's gold stars!

Mom has been with Atria in their Life Guidance unit now for 2 weeks. Our expectations of what Atria and the staff could provide in the way of care for Mom was especially high due to past experiences. So far the facility and staff have lived up to those expectation.
The facility is clean and well kept, The residents are clean and well dressed. A hair and manicure appointment are set up right away. It is amazing to see how these 2 small things can make such a huge impact on Mom's outlook.
The residents are included in activities (which are provided throughout the day) and encouraged to participate. Staff is attentive and eager to provide whatever assitance is needed, they really seem to want to help to make Mom's day to day life as fulfilling as possible.
For me, I feel like I can finally take a deep breath and know I have done the very best that I can for her.

Facility is beautiful, clea...

Facility is beautiful, clean and bright. Jackie and her assistant were welcoming and knowledgeable. I met briefly with Suzanne the Life Guidance care manager, but did not get a chance to really talk with her. Jackie gave a tour of the Life Guidance facility and like with the AL side it is beautiful, clean and birght. Some of my impressions: 1. My first thought was the layout would confuse my Mom, though the facility is small enough that can probably be over come. 2. I like the smallness of the common room, they were comfortable in layout and not too large. While I was there a group of care givers and residents were making cupcakes. Though not all the residents were participating, I did not feel as if those that weren't were left out. 3. The patio and yard again like the common rooms was comfotable and big enough to hold a good range of activities. 4. The room, which is a semi-private room appeard small to hold for 2 beds (it is empty at this time). The bathroom is good size and being on the ground floor the one window in the room looks out on a nice patio/garden area. 5. I forgot to get information on the meal times, but all meals are prepared by the main kitchen and brought down to the Life Guidance facility. In addition both common areas have full kitchens which is nice to see. 6. I did not get a chance to talk with Warren the nurse, but all the residents appeard well taken care of. And there were wheelchairs parked against the walls while the residents were congregating on the chairs and couches in the common area. It was nice to see. 8. I also forgot to look at the shower facilities in Life Guidance, but if they are anything like the shower in the studio apartment that Jackie showed me, we're in good shape. 9. I also like the fact that the residents in Life Guidance can participate in some of the activities in AL. When I left the facility Jackie was going to try and get in touch with Warren, the nurse, so an accessment of my Mom could be scheduled. In addition she did provide me with all the paper work we need to complete, just in case. After sleeping on it, I like this facility very much.

Atria Lafayette

It is a wonderful place to enter from the hospital. Staff is very caring and giving. They learn the wants and needs of the residents.

Mom reluctantly viewed 3 establishmen...

Mom reluctantly viewed 3 establishments and settled on Atria Lafayette. She lied the quiet; friendly staff; and the few residents met during her visit. She has been there almost a week and is slowly settling in. This is a big change considering she has never been in an apt setting before, and spent the past 11 years alone in her home of 53 years. The staff has been attentive on helping her find things, transportation, service at meals, evening treats in her room (wine and cookies!).

Very, very nice facility and love the...

Very, very nice facility and love the philosophy and feel. Could be on short list - no patios or balconies is the only downfall. Still an option.

Kitchenette would not be adequate for...

Kitchenette would not be adequate for meal preparation.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback. I know it has been a while since you last visited our community, and I hope that you will consider us an option again if the need arises. Most of our residents take full advantage of the three, restaurant-style meals served daily that are included in the monthly rate. And for those who might have favorite recipes, we always encourage residents to share them with our chef. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] or [removed], and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Beautiful setting. Clean, upscale en...

Beautiful setting. Clean, upscale environment. Nice amenities. Small apartments w/o kitchen..small kitchenette w/o stove. Very friendly staff. Residents seem happy. Would offer respit so parents could test it out. IL/AL model.

Atria Park of Lafayette offers all the comforts of home, with just the right amount of care. Our dedicated staff provides 24-hour support to assisted living residents, as well as specialized care for those with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. With panoramic views of Mount Diablo, spacious common areas, extensive walking paths and a fountain courtyard, Atria Park of Lafayette provides a naturally elegant setting. To encourage residents to become actively engaged in their community, Atria Park of Lafayette offers a full calendar of educational, social and cultural opportunities, including regular outings to restaurants, theaters, shops and other destinations.

License #079200326