Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill - Pleasant Hill, CA

The staff gave a great tour

The staff were very friendly and did an excellent job with our tour, the community was nice and we had all our questions answered. It just was not what we were looking for for my mom.

Excellent experience

I have been very impressed with the friendliness, quality of food, cleanliness, and the speed at which a repair gets done . Most importantly, my mother is extremely happy living here!

Well maintained community!

Our tour of the Carlton Senior Living went well, the place was very nice and clean. The staff was all very helpful and quick to answer all of our questions. The reason we did not choose this community is because my aunt has lived in Pleasant hill all of her life and wanted to move to another area.

My favorite of the three...great location for me, great staff, high level of activities, felt good, short term rental available up to 90 days.

Very nice place!

I think they do a fantastic job at Carlton Senior Living! I helped find this place for a friend, and our experience has been a very good one. It's a beautiful facility, and the staff are all very kind, caring, and professional. They've got all sorts of activities, good food, and a great social atmosphere. The other residents all seem very active and friendly! I'd highly recommend it, if you're looking for senior care in the area!

I Took A Tour

This community is not like the other community Downtown Pleasant Hill, I felt this place is completely different. During my tour I did not see a lot of interaction and the people seemed different too. I did not like the food offered. The tour guide just showed me a room and was not that informative about the community. I felt they did not care about a visitor like me.

I Would Move-in Here!

During my tour of this community I saw many great things that I myself found pleasing. Everything seemed to be here except a tennis court and pool but it was cheerful, bright, and uplifting. I received full attention from my tour guide and even saw the activities available. This community seemed so great that I would consider moving here!

Review of Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill - Pleasant Hill, CA

Beautiful facility in a nice location. Offers a large number of activities free transportation for shopping and medical appointments. Each apartment has a balcony. Downside is price cost of care is high.

Everything went well

Actually she has moved back home now. Everything went well while she was there and we did not have any problems or complaints during her short stay at Chateau Pleasant Hill.

Caring and Genuine Staff

They could improve on more timely e-mail responses, which is my biggest thing. Also I wish they had better options for pay. They are very warm with the patients though, and willing to listen. I think they are really there to advocate for the residents, the staff is very genuine.

She Is Enjoying Her Stay

They did good with getting us in there, it went pretty smoothly. The only problem we have kind of had was getting authorized for all the medication, which there isn't much we could do about it. She is enjoying it there though.

Would recommend Chateau/Pleasant Hill to anyone

We moved my father n law into the Chateau/Pleasant Hill in early January. Everyone there was helpful, professional and welcoming. It is one of the toughest decisions anyone will have to make, placing a loved one in the care of strangers but no one felt like a stranger from the start. I would recommend the Chateau to anyone looking for a loving, peaceful place for their loved ones. We now have peace of mind that he is safe and well cared for, yet he still feels he has his independence.

I thank everyone from the admissions staff to the nursing staff for making the transition smooth and effortless. We can go to bed at night knowing we made the best choice for him.

Great place!

My sister had a wonderful room in Chateau II - made more wonderful by a caring, competent and efficient staff. From the wait staff in the dining room, to the wonderful \\Directors of First Impressions\\, the caregivers, the medical staff, ALL the administration I could go on! All the \\Chateaus\\ are top notch facilities and we feel fortunate to be part of their communities.

We are really happy with it, just a few bumps in the road.

It's very clean, and the staff is pretty friendly. They are about average in price, a little better than some. The communication with my loved one, and letting her know what's going on could be better. Letting her know what will incur additional charges, and then asking if she needs those services, rather than doing them and then charging for them later. There seem to be a few surprises on the bill. They are excellent with activities, and the food is really good. We were on the waiting list, and they had a room come available in the more expensive, newer side, and we said that we wanted to wait on that. We decided to take it, with the understanding that when one came open in the less expensive side, they would help her move to it, and that she would be next on the list. It has been a few months and no one has moved, and that seems a little odd to me. I wonder how eager they are to get her moved over to the less expensive side now that she is already here. She also complains that they don't give her medication when she wants them. They have a set time when they have to give it to her, and since the medication makes her sleep she doesn't always get them when she is ready. When we toured it was clean and we liked the apartment and the arrangements, it had a reasonable price. We are really happy with it, just a few bumps in the road.

Great facility; Need to adjust events schedule to get an overall 5/5

Overall the facility is in great condition, I would give it a 4/5; the property is nicely kept but is not in what I would consider "pristine" condition. The staff is very friendly which I would consider a plus but some of the care services are better than others. Some things seem to be done very carelessly at times.
Something I hope to see improvements on is with the entertainment committee and scheduling committees. Event notices are often sent out with very little advance notice (a day or two ahead) which doesn't give residents or family members time to plan accordingly. Also, event timing doesn't allow residents time to eat the get ready for an event, often having a meal time at around 6pm and an event scheduled to begin at 6:30pm shortly after.

Lori was very helpful. She...

Lori was very helpful. She recgnized that their facility was NOT the place that I was looking for and referred me to their Independent Living facility, Chateau Broadway. It is a very clean and busy place. People I saw appeared active and healthy.

I loved this place!! I am o...

I loved this place!! I am on the waiting list but I need to talk to my mom. I forgot about her smoking and she is used to being able to smoke on her balcony, instead of a smoking area. This might be an obstacle for both of us!!!

I liked this place and they...

I liked this place and they only have 1 studio open throughout both facilities. Unfortunately, I don't think she can live alone in her own room. She needs more care and I'm concerned that it gets more expensive than we can afford with all of the services she needs.

Very Friendly, Active Community

This would have been our second choice. If we hadn't found the other community, this is probably the one we would have chosen. I think when my mom and I went into the place there were a lot of activities going on - not necessarily structured activities but there were people around, talking. People would greet you. It was a very friendly environment and that really went over well with me. This is one of two places where the people really seemed to be the friendliest even when we were just walking around.

Very Nice People

My former husband is in Chateau II. We liked it because the people are nice. He's doing okay although we're trying to move him into the VA facility, partly for cost and partly because he's only 72 and most of the people in assisted living are in their 90s. He was in a VA place before and the average age of people was 70.

Like a Cruise Ship

The best way to describe this community is saying it is like a cruise ship that does not go anywhere. They have activities all day long and they have movies everyday and the food is very very good. She really loves it and we are so glad we chose this community. We are grateful for A Place for Mom and this community. Every single need is met couldn't ask for anything more. The apartments are set up very nicely they have a small kitchenette with a refrigerator. They have laundry service. When we came to tour the community we were just sold and decided on the spot. They have a program that you can pay for that will ensure your loved one is taking their medication on time. Right across the street is a Safeway, CVS and a garden center it is just a perfect location. We are extremely happy with Chateau I and would recommend them to anyone.

Wii bowling!

I haven’t moved in mom yet. But it’s all working out. The tour guide was very nice, friendly and informative. All the residents looked well maintained and it smells good. The staff is very talkative with the people. We got to visit the lunch and it is big. They had Nintendo Wii bowling and they were having like a party going on. We have been their a couple of time.

This was probably the best of the thr...

This was probably the best of the three. At first I was concerned we were out in the sticks, but driving around I discovered we were only 10 min. from a mega-mall. While my mom can't shop alone because of memory problems, it would be nice if she were somewhere that had group shopping trips on a regular basis. My mom found the area (particularly the patio at Chateau II) extremely pretty. They also had a hair salon and [removed] something my mom said wasn't essential but was a nice extra she might enjoy starting to use. To my surprise, my mom liked the studio more than the one bedroom. I think the shorter distances appealed to her. Since one of the ideas behind communities like these is that she would spend less time in her own unit and more time in common areas, we are both still trying to figure out how much space of her own she really needs.

Laundry & housecleaning only done eve...

Laundry & housecleaning only done every 2 wks instead of 1.Very nice apts, but not enough bang for the buck.

Great place in nice neighborhood. Fo...

Great place in nice neighborhood. Food was decent.

A vibrant lifestyle is what you’ll experience at Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill. Carlton Pleasant Hill is an award winning senior independent, assisted living community designed with grace and style. It’s easy to make new friends with residents, family and staff at the many social gatherings and fabulous daily outings.

Carlton Pleasant Hill is nestled in a refreshing creekside location, within walking distance from a full service shopping center and an abundant selection of restaurants.

Every apartment has a lovely view of beautiful California oaks, sunset hillsides or sparkling water fountains. The National Wildlife Federation voted this picturesque location a noted 'Backyard Wildlife Habitat' that encourages wildlife to find a quality outdoor environment.

Individual balconies and patios outside our apartments allow residents to enjoy the spectacular setting.

Carlton Pleasant Hill boasts amazing activity and entertainment programs. Our selections are nothing except fabulous. The Personal Expressions program thrills seniors and family members with the individually tailored plan that meets every need.
Whether you are a seasoned artist that crafts daily, or looking for new interests, the Personal Expressions program offers exciting options for everyone. Daily outings, planned overnight trips, live professional entertainment many nights per week are all part of the reason seniors are delighted they chose Carlton Pleasant Hill.

Flexible transportation options are helpful for every resident. There are multiple choices of transportation modes that fulfill each request. Simply notify the front desk 48 hours in advance and the arrangements are complete.

Come and live with us. You will love the lifestyle. Carlton Pleasant Hill - The Family Connection ... an Active Senior Independent and Assisted Living Community.