American House Cedarlake - Plainfield, IL

Lovely place and very helpful staff. We'll see. Apartments available a little small but then it's not for me. I would definitely have my Mother look at it.

I toured this community

When I toured this community it was clean and beautiful. It was more independent living and we were looking for assisted. There was a certain odor that I couldn't put my finger on that I didn't like. The staff was friendly but pushy I felt a sales pressure. They gave us a pie when we left that was delicious.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We appreciate your feedback.

My thoughts

The people I met during my tour were friendly. This community seems to offer some nice amenities and activities. They offer transportation and they allow pets.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us at American House Cedarlake. We're glad to hear you had a pleasant experience and appreciate your feedback.

Loved this place. The apartments were generous in size and washer-dryer units in each apartment a huge plus. Clean, residents seemed very friendly and smiling, the lunch was very good. The price was good as well. Highly recommend.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We're glad to hear you had a pleasant experience and appreciate your feedback.

Nice experience so far!

Everything is going just fine! The staff are very nice and the facility is very well maintained. Though my loved one has complained about the food a bit, it's just fine, as they serve appropriate options for him. Overall, I have no complaints.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review of our Cedarlake community. We appreciate your feedback! Know that our door is always open - if you have suggestions regarding meal options, feel free to share them with us.

American House Cedarlake is great!

The facility is very clean and the staff is friendly. There are plenty of activities for my loved one to participate in. American House Cedarlake is great!

Tour for a loved one

I liked this community for the care that they could give to our familiy member. The menu was very nice and the chef goes out of there way to make sure that they get what they want. They do offer activities for the residents who want to participate. The community is clean and we recommend the value and care to other families.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 5-star review! We're glad to hear that you are pleased with our community and appreciate your feedback!

American House Cedarlake gets my recommendation

The caregivers at this community are great. The nurse and the certified nursing assistant are awesome. The entire staff are friendly and attentive. The executive director that was here during the time we moved in was extremely helpful. Mom love's the activities and dad is just starting to participate. The food is pretty good and they keep the community very clean. They have a nice sized apartment and some of their friends live here also.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We are glad to hear you and your parents are happy at American House Cedar Lake and appreciate the recommendation. It's always great to hear from our residents and their loved ones.

Mom approved!

I really have not been there a lot to know much, but mom says that she likes it here. She said that she loves her apartment and the things that they have for her to do. The community is very lovely and it is clean all the time.

Home New Home

I really like living at this good community. They keep the community is very clean and taken care of. I do like that they are helpful for therapy. The meals that are served are very good, but I do like that I can cook for myself. I do like getting to know a lot of the other residents since I kist moved into a new home. I will recommend other to come here for a new place to live with good care and a good value.

Parents Love It Here

My parents are doing very well since their move to this community. They love it here, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. They have a lovely meal program, and the food is good. The staff is very friendly, they have been good to work with. They even have nice little bistro for the residents, and guest. It is a well-kept community, they do a good job with keeping everything nice, and clean. I know they are in a nice, safe community, and I would recommend it.

Homelike feel!!

The staff at the American House have been very helpful and welcoming. So far, everything with her move has been very smooth and nice. The CNS's have been super nice and always speak positively about the place. The apartment my mother is in is comfortable. She has a living room, bathroom, and kitchen. The only complaint is it does not have the best view out the door. The management has talked about doing a little bit of landscaping like bushes or plants, to cover up the huge electrical box. Every time I have visited, the place is very clean. The few times I have had meals with her, they are good and in good portions.

My Tour Went Well at this Community

I had a nice tour of this community. Everything went very well, and this is a nice community. The staff was friendly and nice, The community looked nice and well maintained. Everything looked well-kept. There were many factors that played into where to place my mother. Unfortunately this was not the place for her and her needs. Overall it is a nice community, and my tour with well.

I Took A Tour!!

There are various activities offered in this place like stretching, art and trivia classes. The layout and cleanliness was good of the whole community. The person that took me on tour was nice and answered questions and concerns that i had. I would recommend a tour of this community.

A Quiet Sunday Tour

We went on a Sunday to tour the community. It seemed like a ghost town. There was not a lot going on at the time, we didn't see any interaction. I thought the community looked nice and clean. We thought this community was too distant from our home.

Everything is going great!

Our loved one has done very well since the move to American House Cedarlake. The community at American House is very well kept throughout. They do a good job of keeping the community nicely cleaned. Our loved one is enjoying the variety of meals served.

Warm, Friendly, and Helpful

It was a difficult decision for my father to give up his house but his choice to move to American House Cedarlake was right on! The staff and residents are truly happy and helpful. They offer a wide variety of activities and the food is first class. My father is very pleased with his choice.

Nice place!

American House Cedarlake is a nice place, overall! The employees are all very friendly and caring, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. My loved one is settled in and comfortable, and really seems to be enjoying herself here! She also tells me that the food is great!

cannot say enough good things

I cannot say enough good things about Cedarlake Village. Mom didn't even want to move in the first place, now she loves it. The staff at Cedarlake Village is always so willing to help. I am very impressed with the communication I have with the staff. Everyone is so caring here. My parents are thrilled!

Couldn't Be Happier with American House, Cedarlake

My parents have lived at American House, Cedar Lake for about 2 months and are loving it. The food is exceptional! The people are the best! And the activities are extensive! All in all, no complaints whatsoever...I don't think I could have found a better place for my folks. Although my mom really didn't want to move, she keeps telling me how happy she is!!! And you can't even imagine how that helps us rest easy knowing that they are in a safe, comfortable, and happy place!

We are very happy, she is doing very well there.

We are very happy, she is doing very well there. She has started getting involved with the community, now that she is all unpacked. It's immaculate, and a well kept. The people are really nice there. We are really happy with it.

POSITIVES: Very clean, several options and floor plans, nurse on staff, all utilities (including cable) and breakfast included. NEGATIVES: The main dining area, hair salon and wellness facility (Nurse) is not between the two buildings, Loved one would have to navigate long hallways to get to the opposite side of the facility.

Overall very friendly staff, occupants look happy and interactive. Very apartment like setting, secure facility with security guard.

Spectacular !!

Cedarlake Village is not only safe, clean, and beautifully decorated but it is staffed with some of the most amazing and caring pillars of our community. The employees and residents are genuine, kind, caring, honest and good hearted people that you want your loved ones to be surrounded by.
My sisters and I are very blessed to have our parents join such an amazing senior living community.
Thank you !!

I have no concerns, it's wonderful there, I love it.

I have no concerns, it's wonderful there, I love it. It's not just the employees, who smile at you when they walk by. They are all happy, the residents, everyone. The food is the best, the chef Sam, is awesome. This place is the best! They have so much to do I can't keep up, I can't do everything because I am still in one thing when another one starts, it's great. Sarah makes it happen, she hires the right people, and in the dining room all of the workers are adults, not teenage workers.

Best Choice Ever

My parents were in need of a clean safe environment to move to. They were very reluctant to sell their home and move. As my father struggled to meet the increasing needs of my mother, it became very clear to our entire family that it was time to make a change for the best. Not only are they in a clean safe at Cedarlake Village, but now they love it !!!
They enjoy the restaurant, a few of the social events, quiet reading by the fire, and the heated parking garage. It's painted and decorated beautifully, and the building is well maintained. The management cares. They actually care about the residents.
Cedarlake Village is a great transition to a care free, fun retirement life.

Everything is Good

Everything is good at the Cedarlake Village in Painfield, Illinois. The staff is great. The place is wonderful. Just that they don't work with people who have problems with Alcool and my dad is an Alcoholic and we are asked to move him out. So, we re looking for a place that works with Alcoholics. Otherwise, the place is fine and everything is good.

Review of Cedarlake Village Independent Living in Plainfield, IL

Best choice! Looking at people, location and apt. Signed an app last Thursday!

Everything was good

Everything was good. I am just having some problems with my dad right now but the facility was fine.

It's wonderful.

It's wonderful. I was on a two year search through six states, they made me an offer I couldn't turn down, and I am so glad I took it. It's the most reasonable place I have found. The place is clean, and the staff is friendly, and attentive. Chef Sam is fantastic, he is very caring, and one of the best thing about him besides the food being wonderfully seasoned, but not too seasoned, is he incorporates fresh fruits and vegetables into his meals.

Cedar lake was unable to ac...

Cedar lake was unable to accept my mother iwith her special needs