The Timbers of Shorewood - Shorewood, IL

Location Is Perfect Very Close To Family

We liked this community for a few reasons. Mom is familiar with the area it's close to both myself and my sister. Both my parents are here and they are doing well. They are adjusting and slowly starting to meet people and make some friends and do some of the activities. The food is pretty good no complaints. The staff is very friendly and nice. The price fit well within our budget and they offered independent living with a little assistance which was important to my dad. I would recommend this community.

Great Place

This place has the best events and care for their residents. Always over the top care!

I really liked this place. It seemed light and bright and the residents appeared happy. The basement facilities with ballroom and dance floor a plus. The dining room was lovely. Did not eat the food but the menus appeared extensive for a senior facility. Highly recommend. The units were smaller but the overall facility made up for that with a large common space on each floor in which a resident could entertain company.

Excellent community

Excellent community. All the activities you could ask for. Building looks clean and taken care of. My mom has fit right in and is enjoying herself. We would recommend The Timbers of Shorewood.

A big family

As most of the reviews state...The Timbers is a GREAT senior community. The staff, activities, entertainment, and building/grounds are top notch. My mom has lived there over a year and loves it! It's like being part of a big family.

A Fine Tour

I had a fine tour of this community. It is a nice community, and from what I saw everything looked well-kept. The staff was kind, and it was a nice experience overall. I did find another community that suited our needs better, but my tout went well of this community.

A little noisy!

The Timbers of Shorewood was okay. It was a bit too noisy for my loved one, so it was not our favorite facility.

The Yardstick

The Timbers is fantastic. The staff is extremely conscientious and compassionate. I highly recommend them.

As a visitor and business owner I have been in and out of the Timbers for 13 years. They continue to amaze me with the care and activities they provide. When you are in the area drop by for lunch in their cafe and see for yourself.

Highly Recommend

Great assisted living place for seniors who are interested in either short term or long term stay. The timbers puts on many events for holidays and other occasions like senior prom, which is an amazing opportunity for the seniors.

I just enrolled my brother in this facility and everything about it was great. My brother loves the activities, the food, his one bedroom apartment, and the staff. Everyone has been friendly to my brother and I. This was very important to us for my brother has never lived alone.

Top quality choice

I work with the staff, closely in other endeavors. Their commitment to quality of service and truly making the Timbers "home" is unsurpassed. Seniors can make no better choice for assisted living.

A wonderful community for seniors. Activities, a restaurant and a wonderful caring staff.

I appreciate all of the wonderful activities The Timbers has to offer. It's wonderful how they involve the general public in their holiday events!

A beautiful facility with an amazing group of people that are very warm and the activities and events are numerous.

Great place to live

The Timbers of Shorewood is a great place to bring any seniors who need a little extra help, but still want to have fun and socialize. You can try it out for a short term lease to see if it is right for your senior.

Beautiful Facility

This a beautiful facility with so many things to offer their residents. Unprecedented activities, full service restaurant, beautiful apartments and most importantly compassionate staff.

Awesome!

Lovely center with great staff and service! There are so many activities to keep seniors engaged, they provide varying levels of service, and they do a great job with keeping tabs on their residents. Come try it out, you won't be disappointed!!!

Nice Community, My Tour Was A Nice One

I had a pleasant tour of this community. It was a very nice experience, this is a good community. From what I saw the community looked nice and clean. Everything was neat and tidy. The staff I met was kind and friendly. My tour went very well, but it wasn't the place for my mother and her needs.

A happnening place

I have been to this community for a tour. We are looking for my grandmother and when we get all our ducks in a row, the only place will be The Timbers of Shorewood. From the moment we entered, we experienced a wonderful musical event happening and so many people enjoying themselves. This is what we want for our grandmother. She needs this type of social life. We have done our homework and been to a lot of places and this place is the best you can get. We will feel very comfortable once this move happens. I hope this helps others to go and see this happening place.

Keep an Eye out!

We use this place for respite and the staff that works with her are great. I did have a bad experience with them when my loved one left the community and when they finally did find my loved one there were scratches on her forehead and she had broke a tooth. Also they failed to keep me informed that my loved one had done this before. I feel that this was serious and the staff dropped the ball.

Mom loves the food, the nonstop activities and the bus transportation to her doctors and local stores is invaluable. We love the Timbers!

A Great Move

My mom moved into the Timbers 2 months ago from another assisted living development . So far she has been very happy with the facility. There are plenty of activities available to participate in. Everyone from the employees to the residents have been very friendly. It has also recently been redecorated with new furniture and flooring. She enjoys the entertainment that is provided too. Looking forward to seeing her enjoy herself rather than living alone! It has been a great move!

Wonderful!

We looked at several assisted living sites before choosing the Timbers of Shorewood. Mom has been there about 2 months now and I couldn't be happier for her and for our family with that choice. Our top criteria was quality of life which included her health, safety, and happiness. All three are well served at the Timbers. The facility is clean and well maintained, always. The decor is warm, up-dated and attractive. The activities are available to keep mom as busy as she wants to be, whether she wants outings, games, movies or live entertainment.
But truly, what stands out, and what is probably most important, is the caring staff. While always busy, they are always available quickly when needed. They always seem interested, cheerful and caring when attending to her daily needs. What is remarkable is that the caring quality is evident throughout all of the departments including reception, dining and even the maintenance crew.. The Timbers truly has a family feeling throughout.

LOOK NO FURTHER

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GREAT "HOME" FOR MOM OR DAD TO SPEND THEIR GOLDEN YEARS, LOOK AT NONE OTHER THAN THE TIMBERS OF SHOREWOOD. MY MOM HAS LIVED AT THE TIMBERS FOR MORE THAN 8 YEARS AND BEFORE THAT, MY AUNT, (HER SISTER) WAS A RESIDENT THERE. ALL OF THE STAFF DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO INSURE THE RESIDENTS ARE SAFE AND WELL CARED FOR. THE RESIDENTS ARE TREATED WITH LOVE AND RESPECT--NO MATTER WHAT THEIR PHYSICAL OR MENTAL CAPABILITIES, THERE ARE TONS OF ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE FOR EVERY INTEREST AND RESIDENTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY OR ALL. STAFF MEMBERS ARE ALWAYS MORE THAN WILLING TO DISCUSS ITEMS OF CONCERN WITH FAMILY MEMBERS AND TRY TO OFFER SOLUTIONS THAT WILL BENEFIT ALL CONCERNED. NEEDLESS TO SAY, THE TIMBERS OF SHOREWOOD IS A GREAT PLACE FOR EITHER INDEPENDENT OR ASSISTED LIVING.

Mom loves this place & never wants to leave.

I cannot say enough about how happy our family is with the care that my mother has been receiving here at the Timbers. Mom has been here going on 9 years. Everyone has been so caring and helpful. Some of our family members are out of state & can not come very often so it has been mostly myself that is responsible for being here for Mom. One of the main reasons that I am so thankful for the care that is given my mother is that I feel confident in being able to sometimes go on vacation. They keep in touch with me and will call her Dr. if need be and if I am not available.
Mom is happy and I can tell that her caregivers really do care about her. All the workers are always saying "HI" & will even stop & ask how she is.
The building is always very clean & their new furnishings are wonderful.
Just recently I had a concern about Mom which I discussed with them and my concerns were met and solved much to my joy.
Mom has said many times "Don't ever take me from here". Her family agrees 100 percent.

Great Experience

I too was at the beautiful Easter event put on by the Timbers. I believe it was an excellent event as always. They have always gone above and beyond for my family. This event was so organized and better because most of the event was held outside. I have never experienced anything but the best at The Timbers. I have always had a positive experience with staff. They all work so hard. My family and I are very happy and I just felt it needed to be said.

Care Team needs help

If this place put as much effort into their care team and staff as they do their events than maybe we would not have as many issues as we do. I have family members who currently live here and we are actively looking for a new place to move them. Over the weekend I was visiting my family members and there was a huge event going on. The staff was more involved in the event than the care of any resident. Residents had a hard time getting through the building and many of them complained. There were people every where. How do they control thefts from happening during this time? And you would think the staff would be more attentive during these but who are we kidding. I was in the washroom and a lady had fallen it took the care staff forever to get there to assist her. I tried to find the Director of the building to inform her of my concerns during my visit but she was too busy disrespecting a staff member which made her seem very unapproachable. There are many things that need improvement and I hope this review may help.

Andy Richardson

Your experience at The Timbers of Shorewood is completely unacceptable, both to you and to us, and we sincerely apologize. The safety and well being of every person - whether a permanent resident, guest or family member - is of the utmost importance to us, so we are making every effort to address each issue you described. We are searching for the cause of what you describe and taking appropriate action.

The Easter Egg Hunt had a bigger than expected turn-out. We are happy our events are well attended but certainly not at the expense of our residents. We are in discussion about crowd control and limiting attendees. Your review has given us valuable insight. Thank you.

We want to restore our relationship with you and your family. We invite you to meet personally with Property Manager Moses Williams to discuss your issues point by point. Please call him at [removed] to talk or set up a time to meet.

NOT SO GOOD

NOT THE PLACE TO GO!!! My mother has lived at the Timbers and has for some while. As of today's date her care level has not improved even though they say it will. [Removed]. I have expressed my concerns to the Executive Director many times and nothing ever seems to come of it. Problems never seem to get addressed, and appear to fall to the wayside. I am sure there are better places to go and maybe they will address these frustrating issues.

Andy Richardson

We sincerely apologize for your ongoing frustrations. It is very concerning that your mother's care level is in question. We would like to speak to you about this and other issues, and we invite you to meet personally with the Executive Director’s superior Moses Williams, Property Manager, to discuss your issues point by point. Please call him at [removed] to set up a time to meet. Again, we are very sorry about your dissatisfaction, and we'll work to resolve any and all issues.

Answer to my prayers.

I couldn't believe how accommodating this place was! I called because we were really stuck, my mom couldn't go home but the rehab place was discharging her and didn't give up any time to figure out what we were doing. I heard The Timbers does short term stays and so I thought I would give it a try. The lady was super nice and said they could help us and had a furnished apartment just for my mom's needs. This was such an answer to our prayers, we really didn't know what to do, she walked us through everything and she answered all my concerns. We got mom there and she stayed on a Sunday just to help us. We are so appreciative and mom enjoyed her stay here. I now know when we are ready to look long term, it will be at Timbers. Love them and thank you all for what you do. Do yourself a favor if you are looking for a place call them.

Above and beyond

We love the Timbers, they go above and beyond for the people who live there. My family member recently moved in and the care has been very good. We had moved from another place, where the care was not so good. Keep up the good work Timbers. Staff is very friendly and everything we were told when we toured has been true. Thanks

Great Community

Love the Timbers of Shorewood! We have no worries about our mom who has lived there for two years now, and we also moved her cousin in about 6 months ago. He is enjoying himself so much and loves the pets there. The lady who runs The Timbers helps to make the new resident feel good about this move and she is always there for the seniors and there family. She is even there late at night and welcomes you to come and talk to her. We love Timbers.

I could not belive it!

At first I thought what I overheard was by error but after having lunch with my aunt the other day I realized that these situations according to her happen all of the time. I hate to form uneducated opinions on others but the situation I witnessed at the Timbers of Shorewood was nothing more than severe unprofessionalism, humiliation to the staff, degrading to a person’s self-esteem and a very uncomfortable environment for residents and other on looking parties. The Executive Director at this community needs to learn how to talk to fellow staff. I personally was sitting in the library at the community and witnessed who I know now is the person in charge of the entire community screaming at a bunch of men in the hallway right outside of the library. She was very upset over them throwing away a couch that had been urinated on repeatedly by a resident. Apparently, this couch had been sitting in a stair well for months and she thought that was okay. Does not seem very safe to me, what if there was an emergency and this stairwell had to be used? This woman had the nerve to use unprofessional profanity directly towards her staff in front of other staff and residents. I actually had a very nice lady who was there waiting on her tour to start ask me if she was making the right decision even touring this community. At first I was not going to say anything but I can just not get this situation out of my head and after my Aunt told of me of another situation that involved her yelling across the restaurant for someone to get there (you know what) into the dining room. This situation I did not witness first hand but I do believe what I am being told. These situations have now got me wondering if this type of behavior is okay towards the staff than what is considered okay for the residents? I do plan on talking to the rest of my family and begin to seek further residential needs for our loved one. Very concerned!

Andy Richardson

You ask if this type of situation is OK. May we reassure you it is not OK in any situation. In fact, your experience at The Timbers of Shorewood is completely unacceptable, both to you and to us. We sincerely apologize. The safety and well being of every person - whether a permanent resident, a respite guest or a staff person - is of the utmost importance to us, so we are making every effort to address each issue you described. We are searching for the cause of the breakdown of communication and taking appropriate action.

We want to restore our relationship with you and your family. We invite you to meet personally with Property Manager Moses Williams to discuss your issues point by point. If this is amenable to you, may Mr. Williams call you to set up a time? Alternatively, please contact him directly at [removed].

We are eager to restore your confidence in The Timbers of Shorewood.

Positive Change in My Mom

My Mom moved in about 2 months ago and ever since we have seen a complete change in her. She is so much happier and has even gained weight! She used to complain of being lonely and was only eating what was convenient to make. It is great to come and visit her and find that she is not in her apartment but rather at an activity with her friends! My siblings and I feel like we can go back to being her children and enjoy our visits with Mom again. Our overall relationship with the staff is great and they truly care about my mom. We feel like we made the best move for our mom! So far, so good!

Great experience

Had a tour as we are looking for my Dad. Great experience with staff and residents. Looking forward to my Dad moving in ad becoming a part of this community

Grandparents have made the decision to move to Timbers and they are excited.

I have recently toured The Timbers of Shorewood with my grandparents, even after reading a review that was not very favorable. I found a really nice community where people were active and having fun. My grandparents ran into old friends and were invited to visit with them. The tour was put on hold until my grandmother was done visiting, (she is the one we need to convince to make this move.) Once she was able to ask her questions from her friends, she was more at ease and really gave the tour a chance. We are so excited that today she decided her and my papaw would move to The Timbers of Shorewood. This is a huge relief for us to know they not only will be able to get the care needed, but to be happy about this choice. Thank you Timbers!

Not as promised

I had heard the Timbers was a nice place which offered 'Respite', so I scheduled an appointment to check it out for a 9 day stay for our family member .They assured me that her needs were nothing out of the normal range of what they do every day., which included showering,laundry,dressing assistance,house keeping,meals and medication.
WEll,,,, when we returned there after our trip, it was anything but! As soon as that door opened, the smell would of knocked over a horse!I was hoping it was the garbage, but the room was clean. My poor family member had been sitting in wet ....which appeared to be a very long time.,The CNA who let us in the room , rushed off,before we could react, so" I" had to bath her , before I could take her home.
Also, Two bags of dirty laundry and the worst was to find that her medications were not given, specifically ,her inhalers prescribed for her chronic copd. ( only given 3 of the 9 days). I was in 'total' disbelief .
Then to add insult to injury, no one there knew 'who'exactly to talk to, and I was assured that I would definitely receive a call (s).Well apparently no one cares to rectify there situation or call. ?
**I should add: that as a courtesy, I even called them to let them know when i was coming!,

Andy Richardson

Your experience at The Timbers of Shorewood is completely unacceptable, both to you and to us, and we sincerely apologize. The safety and well being of every person - whether a permanent resident or a respite guest - is of the utmost importance to us, so we are making every effort to address each issue you described. We are searching for the cause of the breakdown of communication and taking appropriate action.

We want to restore our relationship with you and your family. We invite you to meet personally with Property Manager Moses Williams to discuss your issues point by point. Please call him at [removed] to set up a time to meet.

Geared more towards independent living

This is a nice looking community, and the staff are all very friendly. The food here is also very good! However, the optional care services provided were not sufficient for my loved one, and they seemed to be geared towards people with only light care needs. I'd rate this community a 5 if we had been needing independent living, but for our purposes I could only rate them a 3.

The Timbers of Shorewood is a rental retirement community focused on independent and assisted living for seniors. The Timbers is located in Will County’s peaceful Shorewood, Illinois, just minutes from Joliet and 45 minutes west of downtown Chicago.

No other senior living community in the Joliet, Plainfield and Shorewood area can match the vibrant lifestyle of the Timbers. Residents enjoy a myriad of social events and activities, flexible restaurant dining with a menu of abundant choices, and welcoming and comfortable living accommodations. Furnished apartments are also available for a short-term stay – a weekend, a week, a month or longer.

We invite you to take a personal tour of the Timbers of Shorewood.