We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Resident Parking Available
Mount Juliet, TN is a beautiful town located in Wilson County. The local government offers its 28,000 citizens safety services, local events, and updated transportation to big cities including Nashville.
- Walkability score: 12. It's a seven-minute car ride to downtown, a 12-minute bike ride, or a 40-minute walk.
- The average age in the area is 37.5 years old.
- Senior Housing: Mount Juliet is home to more than 50 senior housing facilities that range from assisted living to independent living or gated communities.
- Weather: Average high temperature in the summer is 85 degrees, while the average high during winter is 45 degrees. Average snowfall is only 6 inches.
- Veterans facilities: There are multiple veteran's facilities in the area, including the Wilson County Veteran's Services office and local groups VFW Post 5015 and American Legion, which has two posts. The Tennessee State Council Vietnam Veterans of America has a local chapter in the county as well.
Transportation in and around Mount Juliet is easily achieved with several different services. Some of these are:
- Buses: The main bus line is the RTA. Ages 65 and older, or those with disabilities, get a 1-ride Express Bus pass for discounted with valid ID. Discounted tickets may be purchased only at Music City Central, Riverfront Station, Mount Juliet City Hall and Lebanon City Hall.
- Trains: Music City Star is a commuter train connecting many communities, including downtown Nashville. Reduced fares for those over 65 are available at limited stations.
- Taxis: Mid-Cumberland Public Transit is a curb-to-curb rural public transit system. Rides include additional stops and flat rates to Nashville. American Music City Taxi offers package delivery, 24-hour service, wheelchair transportation and car delivery. Rates vary depending on vehicle.
- Ride shares: RTA offers carpools and a Rideshare program. You can set up with friends and family, or let RTA help find matching carpools or vanpools that fit your needs.
Mount Juliet boasts of highly qualified and star rated medical facilities. The town also offers specialized services by the police department.
- Hospitals: Over 20 different hospitals in and around Mount Juliet, including TriStar Summit Medical Center and Saint Thomas Heart.
- Crime rate: Crime Index is a 36 out of 100. The crime rate per 1,000 is 1.62 violent crimes and 18.52 property crimes. This puts the crime rate below the Tennessee average and the National Median crime rate.
- Senior Citizens Awareness Network of Wilson County Inc: this is a non-profit group specifically created by the Sheriff's office to address needs of seniors in the area.
Activities in Mount Juliet are available no matter what the activity level is:
- Golf courses: Cedar Creek Sports Center has over 16 acres featuring a long driving range, while Windtree Golf Club is a public golf course with 18 holes and challenging water hazards.
- Senior Center: The Mt. Juliet Senior Activity Center has everything a senior could ask for from yoga classes to bean bags and ladders. The center has a workout room, Wii fitness games, walks, and socials.
- Parks: Local parks offer independent walking and outdoor adventures at Fate Sanders Recreation Area, Lamar Hill, and Hidder Cove Lake.
Shopping and entertainment is easily available in a town that hosts two different shopping plazas and many storefronts. Some of these are:
- Clothes Shopping: Providence Marketplace is one of the largest shopping malls in the regions, with hundreds of stores. Stores inside include Chico's, JCPenney, JoAnn Fabrics and Lane Bryant. The mall offers fast food restaurants as well as casual dining such as Red Lobster and the Riverfront Tavern. Other shops located nearby are several boutiques offering consignment furniture, antiques, and clothing.
- Grocery stores: Grocery shopping is made easy in town with stores such as Publix Super Market, Kroger, and a Walmart Supercenter. Smaller specialized stores include the Europe Market & Deli and Rices Country Hams.
- Restaurants: Big Bad Wolf Smokehouse is a family restaurant famous for its barbecue, while Courtney's is a southern style restaurant with live music. Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen is budget friendly and serves Texas comfort food.
- Movie theaters: Regal Providence Stadium movie theater is a multi-screen theater that shows over 10 different movies each day. Movie times range from mid-afternoon to late night showings. Seniors receive different discounts depending on movie and time of showing.
- Libraries: Mt. Juliet-Wilson County Library offers not only books and magazines, but special seniors events. The library has computer classes and audio books.
Nearby attractions can range from the sedate and relaxing to the extreme. A few include:
- Juro Stables: Reservations are required. Open 7 days a week and most holidays.
- Cedar Creek Campground: Has over 50 campsites available on Old Hickory Lake.
- Mount Juliet Bark Park: Dog park with areas for both little and bigger dogs.
- Gymnasium: Pool located at Charlie Daniels Park. Seniors have discounted rates, including annual passes.
Mount Juliet has a vast array of religious activities and churches in the area. These include:
- Silver Springs Baptist Church
- Center Chapel Church of Christ
- Grace United Methodist Church
- Global Vision Bible Church
Located less than 20 minutes from the Nashville International Airport, Mount Juliet Tennessee is a great place for seniors to live. Large shopping areas, specialized senior safety programs, and a variety of different attractions make this a great place to call home.