Carrick Glen Senior Living - Mount Juliet, TN

Mount Juliet, TN is a beautiful town located in Wilson County. The local government offers its 28,000 citizens safety services, local events, and updated transportation to big cities including Nashville.

- Walkability score: 12. It's a seven-minute car ride to downtown, a 12-minute bike ride, or a 40-minute walk.

- The average age in the area is 37.5 years old.

- Senior Housing: Mount Juliet is home to more than 50 senior housing facilities that range from assisted living to independent living or gated communities.

- Weather: Average high temperature in the summer is 85 degrees, while the average high during winter is 45 degrees. Average snowfall is only 6 inches.

- Veterans facilities: There are multiple veteran's facilities in the area, including the Wilson County Veteran's Services office and local groups VFW Post 5015 and American Legion, which has two posts. The Tennessee State Council Vietnam Veterans of America has a local chapter in the county as well.

Transportation in and around Mount Juliet is easily achieved with several different services. Some of these are:

- Buses: The main bus line is the RTA. Ages 65 and older, or those with disabilities, get a 1-ride Express Bus pass for discounted with valid ID. Discounted tickets may be purchased only at Music City Central, Riverfront Station, Mount Juliet City Hall and Lebanon City Hall.

- Trains: Music City Star is a commuter train connecting many communities, including downtown Nashville. Reduced fares for those over 65 are available at limited stations.

- Taxis: Mid-Cumberland Public Transit is a curb-to-curb rural public transit system. Rides include additional stops and flat rates to Nashville. American Music City Taxi offers package delivery, 24-hour service, wheelchair transportation and car delivery. Rates vary depending on vehicle.

- Ride shares: RTA offers carpools and a Rideshare program. You can set up with friends and family, or let RTA help find matching carpools or vanpools that fit your needs.

Mount Juliet boasts of highly qualified and star rated medical facilities. The town also offers specialized services by the police department.

- Hospitals: Over 20 different hospitals in and around Mount Juliet, including TriStar Summit Medical Center and Saint Thomas Heart.

- Crime rate: Crime Index is a 36 out of 100. The crime rate per 1,000 is 1.62 violent crimes and 18.52 property crimes. This puts the crime rate below the Tennessee average and the National Median crime rate.

- Senior Citizens Awareness Network of Wilson County Inc: this is a non-profit group specifically created by the Sheriff's office to address needs of seniors in the area.

Activities in Mount Juliet are available no matter what the activity level is:

- Golf courses: Cedar Creek Sports Center has over 16 acres featuring a long driving range, while Windtree Golf Club is a public golf course with 18 holes and challenging water hazards.

- Senior Center: The Mt. Juliet Senior Activity Center has everything a senior could ask for from yoga classes to bean bags and ladders. The center has a workout room, Wii fitness games, walks, and socials.

- Parks: Local parks offer independent walking and outdoor adventures at Fate Sanders Recreation Area, Lamar Hill, and Hidder Cove Lake.

Shopping and entertainment is easily available in a town that hosts two different shopping plazas and many storefronts. Some of these are:

- Clothes Shopping: Providence Marketplace is one of the largest shopping malls in the regions, with hundreds of stores. Stores inside include Chico's, JCPenney, JoAnn Fabrics and Lane Bryant. The mall offers fast food restaurants as well as casual dining such as Red Lobster and the Riverfront Tavern. Other shops located nearby are several boutiques offering consignment furniture, antiques, and clothing.

- Grocery stores: Grocery shopping is made easy in town with stores such as Publix Super Market, Kroger, and a Walmart Supercenter. Smaller specialized stores include the Europe Market & Deli and Rices Country Hams.

- Restaurants: Big Bad Wolf Smokehouse is a family restaurant famous for its barbecue, while Courtney's is a southern style restaurant with live music. Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen is budget friendly and serves Texas comfort food.

- Movie theaters: Regal Providence Stadium movie theater is a multi-screen theater that shows over 10 different movies each day. Movie times range from mid-afternoon to late night showings. Seniors receive different discounts depending on movie and time of showing.

- Libraries: Mt. Juliet-Wilson County Library offers not only books and magazines, but special seniors events. The library has computer classes and audio books.

Nearby attractions can range from the sedate and relaxing to the extreme. A few include:

- Juro Stables: Reservations are required. Open 7 days a week and most holidays.

- Cedar Creek Campground: Has over 50 campsites available on Old Hickory Lake.

- Mount Juliet Bark Park: Dog park with areas for both little and bigger dogs.

- Gymnasium: Pool located at Charlie Daniels Park. Seniors have discounted rates, including annual passes.

Mount Juliet has a vast array of religious activities and churches in the area. These include:

- Silver Springs Baptist Church
- Center Chapel Church of Christ
- Grace United Methodist Church
- Global Vision Bible Church

Located less than 20 minutes from the Nashville International Airport, Mount Juliet Tennessee is a great place for seniors to live. Large shopping areas, specialized senior safety programs, and a variety of different attractions make this a great place to call home.

Was very nice fits close to...

Was very nice fits close to what I am looking for. The rooms were nice staff appears to be quite attentive . One level seemed to be the right fit .The price is morethan you quoted I believe

Carrick Glen -- A Highly Recomended Facility

Carrick Glen is a wonderful place. My mother spent 22 wonderful months there. I am so thankful it was available. Gail and the staff are great and you are always made to feel welcome. Mother received excellent care.

Great place for my mother

My mother has been at Carrick Glen for almost 3 years. My father died shortly after they moved in and this facility has been a blessing for my family. The ratio of staff to rooms is excellent and I feel confident that someone is always watching out for my mother and will call me or my brother immediately if something isn't right. They are very good at noticing even slight changes in behavior and investigating to see if she has developed a problem. The staff is always open to phone calls and questions from family. I don't think my mother could be in a better place.

SIMPLY THE BEST I'VE EVER SEEN

The BEST facility I've ever seen. I've been responsible for the care of my uncle and my mother in the past and placed both of them in facilities in the last 15 years. I wish Carrick Glen had been available to them. I found Carrick Glen when my mother in law and father in law needed assisted living. They moved in about 3 months after it opened. My father in law was dying from cancer, and my mother in law had memory issues. My father in law lived here until he died. My mother in law is still here, at 91. Had we not found this place, I'm convinced she would have died long before now. Turnover is low, the staff all know who we are and who she is, she is always clean and she is always dressed appropriately. I've never had an issue that wasn't addressed promptly. We are contacted if there is any problem at all. I don't know what we would have done without them. It has meant my sanity and my mother in law's life.

Respite care available only...

Respite care available only if the one suite they have vacant is still unrented by vacation date. Daily cost is a prorate of their monthly fee of approx. $3,670. Facility is bright and welcoming, but not feasible when trying to plan for vacation as they do not want to rent out a suite until they are sure it won't be rented full-time.

Carrick Glen: An Answer to a Daughter's Prayer

My 92-year old Mother lived at Carrick Glen for the last 15-months of her life. After Mother had a stroke, we struggled to find a good assisted living residence for her. I felt like I gained 20+ sisters helping me care for her when Mother moved into Carrick Glen. The caregivers and staff were so kind and attentive; they felt like family. Mother was very happy there--she loved the food, the people, the spa baths, the visitors, all of it!! She also loved that she could keep her cat with her. Gail and the rest of the staff made the last months of my Mother's life safe, comfortable, and happy.

As a daughter, I could relax because I knew staff members were spending time with her and that they would let me know if anything changed with her health. Because they have only 30-35 residents, staff members get to know each resident--their likes, dislikes, and "quirks"--and they are very willing to accommodate those so that the residents can be happier. I will always be thankful for this wonderful place!

Too expensive for my budget...

Too expensive for my budget, even if I get VA help ($3500 plus). A rich man's facility. It may be very nice for those with money to blow.