Main Street - Hendersonville, TN

Welcome to Emeritus at Main Street Assisted Living and Memory Care Community in Hendersonville, Tennessee. Wounderful opportunities abound for the senior lifestyle of your choice.

Assisted living at Emeritus at Main Street is designed for senior adults who wish to maintain their independent lifestyle but may need some additional assistance to do so. The Resident Care Team oversees the care and services provided by the specially-trained Resident Assistants.

Emeritus at Main Street's Memory Care Community is dedicated to our life engagement philosophy of soical, psychological, spiritual and physical well being of every individualo. This dedication is reflected in every effort our community makes in caring for residents who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease or other related dementias.

Seeing the Care Going Well

My mom doing great and just fine with the help of the community. She has participated in a few community activities but not as for the outings yet. The food is not terrible. Since we visit a lot, we have gotten to know the staff and they give us updates.

Older facility. Really needs updating. Cannot manage colostomy care. Staff seemed friendly and activities director very creative! Too far from my home for comfort with their discomfort caring for colostomy,

Nice Tour!!

I have no complaints of the tour I had taken of this community for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Care and Options

We toured this community for care for my father. The staff were nice and were very caring to the needs for what we needed for my father. I liked the activities that they informed us on. We thought this community was very nice and had a lot to offer. it would have been a good choice for us, Families should consider a tour to know the cost of the care.

Mom has been happy here.

Mom has been at this Brookdale location for a month. Transition was smooth, staff is friendly and attentive. Mom says"everything about this place is nice". She is 92 and change is hard for her but all went well here.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where very helpful and on time to our appointment. They had a lot of great information about there property and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. It was just not the right fit for my uncle in the end decision.

Save when you bundle!

This community is very nice and the sales person that showed us around was very nice as well. We liked everything about the community aside from one. We did not like that they offered a la carte for everything that my grandmother needed. That was to costly in the long run.

Not The Right Match

I was not impressed with the tour they gave me. I requested to see the Memory Care, our need, and I was shown everywhere else through the community. I was unsure of where my loved one would be at and the little things like interaction and environment would not have worked out for us or did not meet our needs.

I thought everyone was really nice and I liked the facility. Didn't see a lot of people outside of their rooms, but I understand some were getting ready for an outing

Bright Community!!

I liked that this community was newer and all of the natural light they had throughout the entire building. The bedrooms the staff had showed me where nice and had lots of great amenities for the residents in them. I just did not like how quiet everyone seemed and the lack of activities that where taking place.

Not what we were looking for...

I don't remember much about my tour to this community, but one thing I do remember is that I did not like the dining room. It was too small in my opinion. Everyone was very friendly and when I arrived, the tour guide was ready for me and on time.

Mom Is Doing Good at This Community

My mother is doing very good here at this community. I know she is safe and being cared for very well. They have a very helpful staff at this community, they have been great to work with. It is a well-kept community, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the place. Everything has worked out very well for us here, and I would recommend this community.

Genuine Staff!!

Everything is going great since my uncle moved to the Brookdale Main Street. The staff is friendly, it was one of the main reasons why I chose this community.They are very professional. The place is very clean and well maintained. The meals taste great, I've sampled them myself. Overall this is a great community and i am pleased with our choice.

This is a great community. It was nice to see how clean the community was and that the staff are always so nice and caring. We hae all of our questions answered. They do have alot of activities. The meals looked to be very good. We would recommend otherfamilies to see this for over all great care.

Respite Care!!

I felt that my husband was safe in the community during his respite care. The staff were friendly and communicated well. His meals were very well presented and they looked very healthy as well. Activities were also offered on site. I would recommend respite stay in this place everyone was attentive and the community was very clean.

No opinion as of yet

Still to early for me to have a opinion But they seem to know what they are doing . Under new management this last week or so... But I will rate the overall in the next month or so

Never did a tour as figured out over the phone that we could not afford this. There is no deferment program while you are waiting for benefits and you cannot apply for benefits until you need them.

It has only been a couple of weeks, but I am very impressed with this facility. Starting with management, and down the line to personal care staff, nurses, dining room staff, everyone has been wonderful. I feel very confident that my relative is in very good hands and will receive excellent care.

This location is among my top two picks. It had absolutely everything I am looking for in a community to place my mother. It was modern, upscale, and affordable with the current special they were offering. The staff seemed knowledgeable and friendly. I left with a feeling that they could truly take great care of my mother. It did not look like a nursing home. The property was very manicured and well kept.

Smooth Transition

Things are going good since our father in law move into Brookdale Main Street. He is doing very well and really enjoying his time there so far. The community is really nice looking and no problems with the up keep of the place. The staff has been very helpful to us with everything and they are very friendly. My son has gone and had lunch with him and he said the food here is pretty good. The people here really made this a smooth transition and they were really welcoming to us. I would recommend this community to anybody.

Good care, clean & friendly. Clinical staff really good.

Too many discrepancies between quoting cost from start to actual final cost. Had to deal with three different people in the sales department.

Seemed like a very nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up not placing my loved one here but this was definitely at the top of our list!

He seems to be pretty happy there.

Everything has been just fine. He seems to be pretty happy there. It's family friendly, we can visit anytime we want to. The people are very friendly, he is well cared for. He loves the food, and other residents seem to think it's good as well. The move in process went great. The people were extremely nice, the director is fabulous, if we need paperwork they are right on top of it. They were pretty similar to others in price, and were willing to work with us. Darla the salesperson was fabulous, not just professional, but a genuinely nice person.

Happy Customer

The Brookdale/Emeritus at Main Street in Hendersonville is where we chose to have our loved one live. The staff is outstanding as they are all friendly, positive, sweet with the residents and go out of their way to be supportive and helpful. All the staff in every department seem truly pleasant, genuinely interested in the residents and their families and professional. The facility is lovely and clean. The food looks appetizing and my mom thinks it tastes good as well. The only negative is that the outdoor garden in the Memory Care area could be more accessible for residents with a more level area for seating, tables, and possibly a pergula type cover over part of the area for shade. Overall, we would recommend this facility highly. We toured six Assisted Living Facilities in the area and this one received our highest ratings. It's comforting to know that my mom is in a safe, clean place where people and staff really care about the residents and their well being. Thank you, Emeritus at Main Street in Hendersonville, TN!

(+)I felt excited about thi...

(+)I felt excited about this place. Several life skills stations in MC; compassionate & knowledgable staff. Clean, dignified, apartment-like rooms. Residents were all well groomed, well dressed and seemed happy (-) no Medicaid rooms

Memory Care Review

My mother resides on the memory care floor and as is true for all facilities, the facility is only as good as it's employees, namely the caregivers and nurses. It seems to me that the turnover rate for caregivers is quite high and I imagine it has to do with being underpaid for what they are responsible for. There are some fantastic caregivers here that go above and beyond and then a few that I feel fall short. My biggest criticism about this facility is the food. There is the occasional meal that I have seen served that really shouldn't qualify as a meal (i.e. serving pasta salad and 3 slices of a beet as a dinner). This is not the norm but corporate should take note that this not acceptable meal planning. I have found the staff to be very friendly and the memory care director puts quite a bit of effort into coming up with creative activities. Cleanliness is a constant battle and I feel that they could do a better job in the living units themselves, particularly the bathrooms. All common areas are always well maintained. Overall, I feel that my mother is in a safe environment and for the money value it is fair.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that you and your loved one’s experience with us isn’t meeting your expectations. We are experiencing some turnover at this point, due to our Executive Director following through on her commitment to providing the best possible care for our residents. We do offer two main dish choices for meals, and the meal you mentioned in your review is one that has been placed on our menu by our registered dietitian.

We understand the importance of cleanliness for our residents and their loved ones, and ensure before residents move in that all parties are made aware of the intricacies of memory care. Memory Care residents, especially dementia patients, love to sort through doors and closets, and will often take the items in their bathroom medicine cabinet and place them in their closet. While this does create untidiness for them, it shows that they are making decisions, which is a good thing. Cleanliness, as you stated, is a constant battle, especially with memory care residents as they can have a restroom mishap shortly after receiving care. Please be assured that we work diligently to make sure that all of our residents receive the highest quality care, especially when it comes to cleanliness of all living spaces.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

We were only here a very short time. They assessed him three times to make sure this was a good fit. Once they moved him in they said he was not an appropriate match. I had to stay and take care of him the whole time he was there, because they didn't do it. I stayed and bathed him and fed him. It was a nightmare! It was dirty, two times I came in and he was on the floor crawling. There was feces in the hallway of the facility and it was there until I told someone about it. My dad cut himself and no one knew how and there was no incident report. There was blood everywhere in his room, I waited to see if they would clean the bathroom, eventually, four days later, I cleaned it myself. I would not recommend place to anyone.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that you and your loved one’s experience with our community isn’t meeting your expectations. We are troubled by your concerns regarding the care you feel your loved one has received. We have no reports for any of the aforementioned incidents. Please rest assured that the health and safety of our seniors is our number one priority, and we invite you to contact our community management team so we can resolve your concerns. You may also contact Ethics First to voice your concerns at www.emeritus.com/ethics.

Nice community. Encouraged...

Nice community. Encouraged sharing a room with another senior based on finances. My Dad's not interested in sharing a room.

Great care and lots of individual attention

They did a great job with my loved one at the Emeritus at Main Street, everything went great overall. The facility itself was very nice, they always kept it clean and the staff all seemed very friendly. Really what set Emeritus apart from other communities we have used is the amount of individual attention from the caregivers that the residents received here.

They knew how to redirect and reapproach for success with Alzheimers residents

They were very good. I can't say anything bad about them. They tried to keep her engaged. The food looked and smelled great and she ate with no problems. The one thing that was an issue was laundry mix ups. Any time I had a question or didn't understand something they were right there to accommodate, and do what I needed to be done. They knew how to redirect and reapproach for success with Alzheimers residents

Communication Issuess

From what I've seen they keep people pretty well involved, and active. The food is ok I would give it a four. I would like to see better communication between the staff and the family. At first communication was great, but lately I have made four or five phone calls and they have only returned maybe one of those calls. It's difficult to find out what is going on. It's a nice place. When I have gone in there the staff has been busy with other patients and don't acknowledge that we are there until we track them down. We chose them for the pricing, they seemed to be similar to another place we were looking at for a little less. The staff is nice enough, they are very personable. Just walking in it's very clean, and they have an activities board, to let you know that things are going on.

Too big for my mom.

Too big for my mom.

Still interested in this one.

Still interested in this one.