Elmcroft of Hendersonville - Hendersonville, TN

Located just 15 minutes north of Nashville, Elmcroft of Hendersonville is conveniently situated in one of the fastest growing communities in Tennessee. Quiet, tree-lined neighborhood streets wind through the low rolling hills surrounding the city’s main thoroughfare. Known as the city by the lake, Hendersonville offers 26 miles of grass-covered shoreline within the city limits.

Elmcroft of Hendersonville is an assisted living and Alzheimer’s Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Hendersonville has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Hendersonville features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints of the tour I had taken of this community for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

Very Nice Tour, but Too Expensive

My friend, and I had a very nice tour of this community. It is a really nice facility with kind people. Everyone was very friendly, and nice. The community looked nice, and everything looked nice, and clean. The experience was a pleasant one. However their rates were to expensive for her budget.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us.Our pricing is comparable to the communities around us and we do apologize. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

Tour for care

The tour of this community was nice. This community was small and it seemed like the residents were not active at all. This was a bigger community than what we wanted for my mom. The community was clean and they had a nice menu of meals. Families might want to tour this community for the care of a loved one

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We offer activities daily for the residents to participate in, as well as daily exercise classes. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

We are still adults!

We did not care for this community at all. The memory care unit was so dark and depressing. Also it reminded me of somewhere children go. I saw them feeding the residents and I did not like that they would have 1 aide feeding 3 people at a time. That is not respect.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry you to hear you feel this way. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us, and we take this mission very seriously.We regret you did not fully experience the Elmcroft difference during your visit.

They Are Meeting Our Needs

We are pleased with the way the staff and community are meeting my mother-in-law's care and dietary needs. She is in the Memory Care and the staff keep updated about how she is doing. We also visit her weekly and see a clean environment and up keep her room well. They provide a good selection of activities and meals.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

I thought everyone was really nice and I liked the facility. I enjoyed seeing people playing Bingo.

Megan Strothman

Thanks for the compliment! We are glad that you chose to share your experience.

Just not right!

I was able to tour this community and felt like it was good. The staff really were knowledgeable about the community. The community was really clean and neat. It just did not work out for my friend because they don't have a section for memory care.

Elmcroft work with Dementia residents!

My dad is still getting used to being in the memory care unit. The staff at this community are very attentive, hands on and helpful. They try to get him involved in some of the activities available. The food is good and they have very good portions. It is a clean community and I would recommend it.

It's like being at home!

My Mother, sister and I were greeted at the front door with hugs, welcome signs, and an invitation to have dinner. The staff is OUTSTANDING. I can not say enough regarding the advise and help I received in transitioning my Mom from Texas to Tennessee. Within a few days, Mom was feeling secure, happy, and adjusting to her new surroundings. Did I mention, the food is very good also. The activities are wonderful for body, mind, and soul. The other residents have welcomed Mom with open arms. It's like being at home with a big family. I would highly recommend Elmcroft of Hendersonville to anyone who needs assisted living and memory care.

Very nice place!

Elmcroft of Hendersonville is a very nice place! Everyone I've worked with has been pleasant and helpful, and in particular the executive director and head nurse have been very sweet. The facility is clean and well kept, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. I also really like that the meal service offers so much variety. Not only do they present a few choices each night, they'll also make you a basic staple (hamburger, grilled cheese, etc) if you don't happen to like the choices that night.

Not Perfect But Good

Everything is going pretty well for my mother since her move to this community. This is a good community and it is clean and looks nice, it's not perfect but good. The staff has been welcoming and kind to us. They are very helpful and friendly. She is eating very well, they do serve her a well balanced meal. It has been a good experience and I would recommend this community.

Questionable care - be careful

My father was in the memory unit at Elmcroft for 6 months. I would have moved him sooner had he not been in the nursing home or hospital 4 times during this stay. It took a while of being there to witness the negligence in care. There are long periods of time where there are no techs in the main living areas and the residents are on their own. The family members of residents end up watching after the residents to insure no one gets hurt. I was once handed a towel to clean up where water was spilled by a resident when I reported it - the techs and staff were in the hallway talking and laughing at the time and ALL the residents in the unit were left unattended. I moved my dad as soon as I could. They dropped him once because one person tried to move him instead of the 2 that were required. He fell and broke a hip TWICE while under their care. I was promised change but that never happened. Be careful putting your loved one in this place. And yes, I was there every day. At the end of his stay I had to pay for sitters to make sure he was taken care of until I could get him moved. I would not recommend this place for anyone loved ones.

From Emma R Parker's Daughter Pamela Collins

Mom was admitted to Elmcroft of Hendersonville on Saturday Feb 6th. She seemed to adjust well, but after several days it became clear she needed more help. She was sent to a geriatric unit at a near by hospital. There, she is being evaluated to see if her meds can be adjusted to make her more comfortable and less mobile (I am assuming). She has good days then a bad night. She is in sundowners most of the night and this is the reason we needed help with her care. Please help her adjust to a new living environment. This is really our only hope. I cant rate Elmcroft above fairly because Mom was there only a short time before being moved to the Hospital for eval.

heater in the bathroom

Overall I am very pleased with Elmcroft of Hendersonville. There is a heater in the bathroom which is nice is nice. There is also a refrigerator in the room. Everything is going well here.

good overall

Any time I have had issues, they have been very quick to address them. I do think that they need to improve the food, as it really leaves something to be desired. They sometimes will serve the exact same dish three nights in a row. Overall though they have been very good.

Clean and extremely well kept!

Overall I think they do a good job at Elmcroft of Hendersonville. The people here are very friendly, and they do an excellent job keeping the community well kept and immaculately clean. They really give the place a comfortable atmosphere, it doesn't feel like an assisted living facility at all! The one area I'd really like to see them improve is the food. The quality is poor, and they seem to go through chefs very quickly. It was disappointing because they asked so many questions about the sorts of foods my Dad likes and then did not use that information at all.

Miss Virginia is finally home!

Elmcroft was the first place on my list to check out for my 88 year old mother.
It was the last place I checked!
I was treated to one of the most pleasant experiences of my life!!!
Admin, staff and residents were friendly and inviting.
I knew immediately I would have the peace of mind I needed in the care for my mom.
Since my mom has been there, after a 12 hour trip from Maryland, she has been happy!
The facility is clean both inside and out and does not have an "institutional" feel or atmosphere.
A family friendly place where love combines with exceptional care!
And "Peace of Mnd"!
They ROCK!
J. Scott McCauley
Gallatin, TN

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, and was our 2nd choice out of all the places we looked at. The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly!

Very nice place!

Unfortunately my loved one was only able to stay here a brief time before she needed to move to a skilled facility for rehab, but based on the short time she was here I was very impressed with them! The staff are very attentive, and very caring, especially in the memory care unit. The facility itself was lovely, and always well kept and clean. I still have her on the waiting list here, and I am hoping that she will recover enough to be able to move back in!

(+) Clean, friendly, at lea...

(+) Clean, friendly, at least 6 daily activities. Seems like you can personalize care plans for individual needs. (-) no Medicaid rooms; MC wing seems lower functioning * 'The Best Friend Approach' philosophy

They do a great job overall

We looked at a few places in the area, and I just really like the ambiance of this one. I feel like they do a good job overall with the care. It's a nice looking place, and they always keep it very clean. The staff are warm and friendly, and they have plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained.

Lovely place. Everyone was ...

Lovely place. Everyone was so nice!

Elmcroft Hendersonville, TN

Thr staff is very caring and attentive.

Caring and concerned

I looked at a few other communities and Elmcroft just stood out among the rest. They were the friendliest and most caring community. They seem to have a passion for what they do. They really are very caring and concerned about their residents.

Easy Transition

They really made it easy to transition my mom into this community. The staff is really friendly and helpful. I am very pleased with my decision.

Staff friendly, lobby ...

Staff friendly, lobby nicely decorated.