Provision Living at Hermitage - Hermitage, TN

Whether it is the independent living villas; the roomy assisted living apartments; or the specialized Beacon Memory Care Neighborhood, Benton village provides a sense of community, of home.

The beautiful independent living villas provide all the comforts of home in a carefree atmosphere. Spacious bedrooms, full kitchens, a screened porch and private garage are just a few of the wonderful features each home offers. Also included in the service package are weekly housekeeping, scheduled transportation, an emergency response system and a daily meal and wonderful activities in the Tulip Grove clubhouse.

Designed for seniors who love their independence but need a little help with activities of daily living, our assisted living residence offers both support and peace of mind. Large apartments and beautiful common areas are hallmarks of this single-story residence. However, the true difference is our caring and qualified staff that ensures our residents can enjoy life while receiving the assistance they need.

Our Beacon neighborhood is really a community within a community and offers support to residents who are dealing with memory loss. Our simple and open yet secure design, higher staffing ratios and ability-focused activities are just a few of the special considerations for these special people.

Care for family

We toured this community.We liked the cleanliness and the staff who were nice. The menu was appealing and they offer activities. The location was not close enough, but we would recommend other families to tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Nice community for care

We toured this community. We liked that the rooms are two bedroom apartments and not for a single person. The staff were nice. The residents seem active and doing well. This community only serves one meal a day. This is a nice independant community and we would recommend families to this community if the loved one is needing less assistance.

Worst assisted living we experienced

We placed my Dad at Provision at Hermitage last September. They were friendly, his apartment was kept clean, and he was close to my brother. However within a few weeks its was obvious that the personal care staff was not helping to shower him, reminding him to brush his teeth, put on pajamas , or putting out clean clothes for the next day. They said it is Tennessee law that they cant force a client to do anything. Dad had been at a previous home for 5 years and had been willing to do whatever he was told. But he was demented and certainly didn't remember to do these things without being helped. The food was also terrible. My brother would bring Dad soup and things from Paneras. When other residents would here Dan was bringing food back they would ask him to get them some as well. \r\nDan had many discussions with the management and got no where. We took Dad out after two months and moved him to McKendree where he received excellent care.

Nice looking place

We visited this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place, and it seemed very well run! It wasn't the best fit for our loved one, the independent living building was separate from where the dining and activities take place, and I didn't think my loved one would have been up to all the walking. Both their assisted living and independent living areas looked very nice, and I would recommend them as being worth a look!

have family members living at Provision. It's been an okay experience. However, one non-stop complaint is the food. It isn't the kind of complaint where food is too spicy or too much sauce on the fish. It's the basics they cannot seem to handle. Like consistent edible, healthy options. I am incredibly frustrated by the lack of leadership or changes... The leadership, director level staff are plain inexperienced and cannot live up to the responsibility of their role. The fee at Provision is reasonable IF the food actually met the standards residents are promised in writing. Therefore, I can't recommend Provision if you need to rely on them for meals.
When you have seniors in your life, and good, hard earned money is being spent on their care, one expects more when a challenge arises in their living community. (No reply from Provision is meaningful until some actual changes are made.)

wonderful place

I immediately noticed how happy the residents there are. Upon walking in, their happiness and peace impressed me. It is really a wonderful place for your loved ones.

Working things out

Dad has only been there seven weeks so it is hard to know how everything will work out. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the other clients accepted Dad right away.
However, the food is cold, and not always appetizing. They are working on that and are changing the way they do food service in November so we are waiting for that to see how it goes.
There have been some problems getting the daily service that Dad needs done in a timely fashion, so after meeting with the nurse and management we are trying to get that rectified. It is early days, so I don't wish to sound too harsh, when in fact we may be able to get it all worked out. Ask me to review again in a month.

Above average

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are a nice size. We are disappointed with the food however. It is usually cold, which seems like a procedural error that could be remedied. There are so few things that the seniors get to enjoy, it seems hot food should at least be provided. It is early days yet, he has only been there a month, so maybe our opinion will change.

Very bright and clean. New...

Very bright and clean. Newer facility/appeared to be maintained. A bit pricey and the independent villas are a little larger than dad needs(2bdrm/2bath), but really nice w/ a screened patio and garage. No pool but has activities and field trips. Beauty salon/barber shop on site but not included in monthly fee. No odd smells. Dining room nice and on site chef. Pets are allowed. Met with Mary Ross.

It's like night and Day compared to McKendree Village.

It's clean, and the staff is friendly. They have plenty of activities and are quick to respond to requests or concerns. My mom and dad both like the food. We liked the location, and how outstanding the people were. Once I saw it, I realized there wasn't anything else that compared in the area. It's like night and Day compared to McKendree Village.

Tough Adjustment for My Mom

This is tough. I'm writing as the daughter of a person who lives here. I really like PL at Hermitage. My mom's adjustment has been tough, but it would be wherever she moved to. She hated it at first. Now that she has somewhat adjusted to a different living arrangement, she is doing better. She really likes the staff and many of the residents.

She is in a one bedroom, one bath studio. I love it and I think it's clean, cute and enough room for her. She disagrees, but she's adjusting. Keep in mind, she left a 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home with a garage and large backyard!

In the very beginning, we had to talk to the staff about the number of times that they checked on her each day. We felt secure knowing that they had to check on them every 2 hours, but it was not necessary for her. They agreed to cut back and she is so much happier.

The food is not great in her opinion and a few of the other residents agree with her. She is just beginning to participate in activities so I can't really speak about that.

Just keep in mind when you're searching, that all facilities will have pros and cons. I felt a warmth and friendliness from the staff every time I visited before we moved my mom. I never had an appointment and the place was always bright, clean and the staff nice, professional and helpful.
Overall, I'm really pleased and I think my mom is getting closer each day to saying that she likes it there too.

Highly reccomend

I have ben completely satisfied with Provision Living. The care & evaluation my aunt has received has been top notch. My aunt has adjusted beautifully even though the first day was quite challenging. The staff handled my aunt's reluctance & probably fear in a very professional manner.

Dedicated Memory Care Unit

This was a really good community and would move my loved one here is she needed a higher level of care. They have a dedicated memory care unit. Their prices for memory care are comparable to other communities that are assisted living. The community is more diverse and is a little bigger then the others.

If you have to choose assisted living, this is the best!

Everybody is very welcoming. My brother felt comfortable there from the beginning. It's pretty pricey but assisted living anywhere is going to be expensive. The activites are good. He does appreciate those. He likes any of the games like bingo and he likes the movie nights. Anytime someone comes in, like to play the harmonica, it's something different that he's not normally exposed to.

My mother-in-law and father-in-law were there about 4 years ago so I had a comfort level going in because I know they were happy there. Now it seems to be even better. There are more activites and the staff is really responsive. It's hard to put your family member in assisted living but if I have to chose one, this is the best. It's a really nice place to be.

This is by far the best place we have...

This is by far the best place we have seen. When the time comes this is where we'd like to be.

Visited. A possibility for my mom an...

Visited. A possibility for my mom and dad.