Carnegie East House - New York, NY

A NYS Licensed Enriched Housing program, best described as senior apartments with supportive services. Carnegie East House consists of 74 apartments ranging in size from studios to 2-bedrooms. Majority of the apartments have an excellent view of the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Our interdisciplinary staff of health care professionals completes an individualized assessment of each resident’s lifestyle needs and formulates a plan to ensure health and safety.

Although each apartment has a kitchenette, all residents of Carnegie East have the option of receiving three meals a day in the dining room. Both lunch and dinner are served restaurant-style.

The apartments are designed to include adjustments for safety. Each apartment includes an emergency call system, temperature control, wall to wall carpeting, modified bathrooms, and ample closet space. Additional building features include a private dining area, community room, library/computer room, spacious patio, and laundry room on each floor.

The highlight of the resident services is the extensive cultural, recreational, social, and educational activities available to individuals at Carnegie East House. The Activities Director at Carnegie East arranges for activities and trips based on resident requests and interests. The residence location affords easy access for both residents and families to excellent museums, art galleries, and shopping.

Giving The Assistance I Needed

All is well for me, they have been able to assist me with what I am limited to. The staff do a reasonable cleaning of the community and my room. I am happy with the meals I select from and the activities they provide for us. I am able to talk to the staff about anything and they have been friendly and helpful. Their assistance is what I needed.

Excellent Care

This is a very nice community for great care. All of the staff are very nice and helpful. The community is clean and well taken care of. Activities are always offered. We would recommend this for other families who are needing great care for the value.

Carnegie East House was a very pleasant place. The apartments were large and sun filled. However, they do not provide the level of care my mom will need.

Excellent friendly helpful ; nice facilities. The staff is uniformly accommodating and available when needed.

very happy

My loved one seems to be very happy with the activities. Well organized, on top of their act. Whenever there has been any kind of problem, they call me right away. So far it’s been a very good experience

Very pleased with this place

I'm really enjoying it here. The staff are very kind and solicitous about the needs of the residents. I've also been very impressed by how the administration handles things, the recreation director and the head nurse are both particularly excellent. They also do a great job with the food!

My mother is very picky and she has no complaints.

My mother is very picky and she has no complaints. They offer bridge and a chair yoga class. They have movies with close captioning. I think the biggest problem is the construction in the street but there is no alternative. The moving in can be hard to do and you can't pull up in a taxi out front. The elevators are the only other area where they could improve, they need another elevator, but they know that and are very up front about it.

2nd ave subway. Bridge players. Creat...

2nd ave subway. Bridge players. Creative type residents.