Bright Side Manor - Teaneck, NJ

Not The Fit for Me

I'am not pleased with my move to this community. I do not feel this is the right fit for me, and my needs overall. It has a nursing home environment which I do not like. You're always waiting for any help you need. The atmosphere is very slow pace. There aren't many activities available. This is not a community for someone who is active, it more for someone with a mellow personality.

Not interested. Accomodations are not what we are looking for. Very dated facility.

I would recommend Bright Side Manor!!

The staff at Bright Side Manor is very friendly and cares about the residents and their families. I have not had a chance to try the food but my brother seems to like it. The community is well maintained and very clean. I would like to see a wider variety of activities but since this is a non-profit it is harder to get people in to help. I would recommend this community as the cost is based on the residents income.

This small community is only 10 minutes from the George Washington Bridge and located in a residential section of North Eastern Bergen County. Their focus on well-being, offering daily physical activities,well prepared nutritious meals and snacks and wellness and the personal care of licensed on-staff personnel.

I had the wonderful opportunity to go to one of the many social events which Bright Side Manor highly effective administration puts together for the residents and their family and friends and it was certainly a treat. Food was great and the joy and peace was noticeable in faces and smiles.

Bright Side Manor at Teaneck provides high-quality, comprehensive services designed to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of seniors in Northern New Jersey. Without the hassle of daily chores and cooking, residents can enjoy many amenities and life is pleasant at this lovely place in Teaneck.

An Oasis in the Assisted Living Desert

This place is a godsend; a non-profit community, and it is definitely more like a home away from home than these assisted living places that like to pretend they are resorts, and that people are living there because they want to. Let's be real -- folks are in assisted living because they have to be. So where is the best place to be when you'd rather be somewhere else? We have experience with other places with a great deal of snob appeal, and we have found the staffs, with less than a handful of exceptions, who unfortunately don't make a difference, indifferent at best and abusive and neglectful at worst, and ownership destined for the lowest circle of hell. Nothing could be farther than the truth when it comes to the Bright Side experience. Their staff really does care, only God knows where they get the patience, but they have it and they use it, from the RNs to the aids to the administrative staff and beyond. And believe it or not, the food is incredible! The place is clean, you smell lunch cooking when you walk in, there's a lovely garden in the back, true, they can't accommodate wheelchair users, but I don't see taking away stars for that -- it's a converted Victorian, you play the cards you're dealt. You don't have to be rich to get in, you pay on a sliding scale, but do expect to do some fundraising in some capacity, because it really is the least you can do for them; they won't ask you -- I'm just saying. Bright Side is the model for what assisted living needs to be as Boomers age, and we can support it while providing superior care to our loved ones, because right now, the for-profit places are just corporate abattoirs who regard their residents as cash cows that come in and out on an assembly line.

Bright side manor

people that work there are very helpful. watch out for my mom. If there is a problem I get a call and it is handled right there.

Great Facility

The staff is extremely helpful and caring. I feel that my father is is a safe, clean, caring environment. The residents are friendly and welcoming. The nurses are wonderful, understanding and committed.

Staff very attentive to my Mom.

Staff very attentive to my Mom.

Very friendly and caring staff.

Very friendly and caring staff.

They are not set up to handle a perso...

They are not set up to handle a person permanently in a wheelchair.

At Bright Side Manor, we believe that every older adult who needs affordable assisted living should be able to access it, regardless of income.

We stand behind that belief by offering rates that are manageable without compromising the high quality of care that we provide. To ensure that assisted living at Bright Side Manor remains affordable, we welcome residents through Global Options/Assisted Living Medicaid, as well as residents who are able to pay privately.

In every aspect of our work, we are guided by the basic principles of assisted living: promoting residents’ individuality, preserving residents’ dignity, respecting residents’ privacy, encouraging residents’ choice, fostering residents’ independence, and maintaining a homelike environment.