Sunrise of Edgewater - Edgewater, NJ

Pleasant Tour

We had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. The community was neat, and everything appeared to be well-kept. The staff was helpful, and informative. We did find another community that was a better fit for my husband, but we had a pleasant tour of this community.

Satisiifed With My Fathers Move Here

This is a good community, and my father is doing very well since his move here. I do feel his safe, and in good hands. They have a great, friendly staff, and they have been helpful with everything. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. His room, and the facility are well-kept whenever I visit. The experience is going well for us in this community, and I would absolutely recommend this community to my friends.

Fine Experience

I toured this community for my father, and his needs. Everything went well overall. The community looked nice, and the staff was kind. It was a fine experience, but I did find another community that suited my fathers needs better.

very good friendly nice and clean,the people that work there are very good. i feel comfortable leaving my brother there.

It was a great choice for us

A friendly caring staff in a clean and up-to-date facility. Good staff to patient ratio.
My mother is well cared for.
I am happy that I chose them.
It's very conveniently located for me to see my mother. I live on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
My cousin has a family member living in this facility for the past year so we had a strong positive personal recommendation before making our selection.

My Visit To The Community

This was a nice community and the rooms I saw during my tour were a little bigger than at the community we chose. The person that guided me on my tour was nice and personable. I did however feel more comfortable with the other community.

Helpful, Friendly Staff

My father is currently in the hospital, but once he gets better he will be returning once he is better. This is a good community, they do a good job with the keeping the community nice and well maintained. The staff is good, they are nice and helpful. Once he returns I know he will be in good hands here. He is being cared for well here. Overall I would recommend it, it has been good experience.

Very nice looking place, expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community due to the price, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

I thought it was a nice facility

I recently toured this community. I thought it was a nice facility with friendly staff and residents. It was clean and well kept.

Sunrise of Edgewater

The people at Sunrise of Edgewater are very caring and nurturing.and one can rest assured that no one will fall through the cracks.

The staff is top quality, as is the facility.

Very nice looking, but expensive

This place seemed very nice during the tour, it was beautiful and the staff was very friendly. Unfortunately it was also far more expensive than other locations we looked and, and it was out of the price range we were looking in.

Clean. Rooms very small, n...

Clean. Rooms very small, no full kitchens. $4000+/month for tiny studio. Lounge areas looked inviting and comfortable. Not impressed with menu. (Seemed like limited diner food selections.) Need to visit more places before making a decision.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear the food selection did not meet your expectations and would like to learn more. Please email us further details at [removed] so we can follow up. We strive to make our Signature Dining Program one that people look forward to. Thank you, Sunrise Team

The salesperson we met with...

The salesperson we met with scared me (it wasn't Amy). I had the feeling the first time mom was aggitated, they would throw her into a psych ward for medicine balancing. They no longer have water views at this facility and the sales person said they would not consider respite. The place was a little dark for a Sunrise and the residents that day didn't seem particularly happy there. This would have been a convenient location for mom, but not a place we thought she'd be happy in. They did take care of their birds better than at other facilities we visited. Points for that.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re very sorry to hear that you had this experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents, and we constantly strive to provide each of our residents with the best possible care. Please contact us at [removed] so that we can learn more.
–The Sunrise Team

Provided what we needed

We chose this community because they were able to provide the level of care we need for our loved one. The staff was very friendly and seemed happy to welcome them to the community. We are happy we found a place that would fit our situation.

Strange layout to the apart...

Strange layout to the apartments. Convenient to her friends at Waterford Towers.

Beautiful setting; wonderful array of...

Beautiful setting; wonderful array of activities and excellent services provided. It is also very close to where I work (right on River Road). The only downfalls include price and availability as I am trying to establish a place for my mother as soon as possible.

Located just minutes from New York City, Sunrise of Edgewater is conveniently situated between the George Washington Bridge and the Lincoln Tunnel. Sitting on the Hudson River with beautiful views of Manhattan, our Victorian-style mansion is surrounded by gorgeous grounds, and is footsteps away from shopping, restaurants, theater and medical facilities. We invite you to visit and experience first hand the Sunrise difference.