We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Meals Provided
- Hospice Available
- Pets Allowed
- Respite Available
- Aging in Place
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Female Residents Only
- Nurse on Call
- Nurses on Staff
- Dentist Available
- Homecare Onsite
- Doctor on Call
- Male Residents Accepted
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Speech Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Podiatrist Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Devotional Services Available
- Activities Onsite
- Resident Parking Available
- Complimentary Transportation
Set in the Upper West Side of Manhattan near Riverside Park, Atria West 86 is a senior living community where older adults can enjoy the exciting, sophisticated, metropolitan lifestyle they're accustomed to, in the cultural heart of the city.
Every detail of our community has been thoughtfully considered to appeal to the sensibilities of seasoned New Yorkers. With stately pre-war architecture, elegant dining venues, chauffeur service, a penthouse salon and fitness center - and a rooftop terrace offering spectacular 360-degree-panorama views of the city - Atria West 86 is a place to experience New York the way it was meant to be.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.
- Walkability score: 98
- Population in zip code: Heavily populated - 58,439 in the area
- Average age: 40.83 years
- Number of senior housing facilities in zip code: 1
- Weather: New York, NY has a warm temperate climate. Winter and early spring are very cold. On average, January is the coldest month. The summers are hot and humid with July being the warmest month on average. April is typically the wettest month and October the driest.
- Veterans facilities: The Manhattan Vet Center is located less than 10 miles away on 32 Broadway.
- Buses: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) - 86th Street Station. Seniors are eligible for 50% price reduction with a Reduced-Fare MetroCard.
- Trains: â€œThe Subwayâ€ - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) - Also 86th Street Station. Reduced-Fare MetroCard also applies.
- Taxis: Known for its fleets of yellow cabs, the Upper West Side is replete with taxis. Assistance can be received at the front desk of Atria for scheduling or flagging a cab.
- Ride shares: Uber, the rideshare app, is now more popular with New Yorkers than hailing a cab. Its competitor Via also operates in Manhattan south of 125th St.
New York is a highly walkable city and is replete with many forms of public transportation, many of them accessible from a smartphone or from Atria's front desk.
Health and Safety
- Hospitals in the area: Mount Sinai West Side Hospital is only blocks away at 638 Columbus Ave. The main branch of the hospital is across central park.
- Crime rate in zip code: The crime rate in zip code 10024 is very low, with most crimes committed being petty misdemeanors.
The area surrounding Atria is generally a very safe place to be for seniors with hospitals and medical centers nearby and plentiful. T Any presence of crime in the area tends to be nonviolent.
Sports and Leisure
- Nearby golf courses: The popular Randall's Island Golf & Entertainment Center is located East of Harlem. The Van Cortlandt public golf course is only a subway ride away.
- Nearby tennis courts & clubs: The neighboring Riverside Drive and 96th Street tennis courts are located about two miles north along Riverside Drive.
- Gyms nearby: The Boulevard Health Club is located two blocks north on Broadway, and the SDYA Yoga Ashram is located right across the street from Atria for those feeling more adventurous.
A dense urban environment, the Upper West Side is surprisingly full to the brim with picturesque natural scenes. Dominating the urban landscape is stunning Central Park, periodically covered with a vivid cover of white snow only to be replaced with plentiful joggers and tree-filtered summer sunlight.
Shopping and Entertainment
- Clothes shopping: A number of department stores and boutiques dot nearby Broadway Street. Head further north on Broadway for standbys such as Bed Bath & Beyond.
- Grocery stores: Zabars, located south on Broadway, is one of the highest-acclaimed supermarkets in New York. Monster Savings, a grocery delivery service, is also located nearby.
- Restaurants: Diners and restaurants are plentiful in the area, with the Irish-style The Parlor only a block away. Cafe Eighty-Two is a few blocks further south on Broadway.
- Pharmacies: Atria has a prescription delivery service, and Broadway Chemists and CVS Pharmacy are also nearby.
- Movie theaters: Both AMC theaters and Sony Theaters are located nearby on Broadway and 84th Street.
- Libraries: There's a branch of the New York Public Library a few miles north of Atria at 150 West 100th Street.
- Salons: Atria itself boasts comprehensive salon, manicure and pedicure services.
- Attractions: Both Riverside Park and Central Park are minutes away. Also, the American Museum of Natural History is nearby at Central Park West & 79th Street.
Nearby Broadway Street is, of course, famous for its live theater. New York, hailed as the cultural epicenter of the world is host to some of the most refined arts and fashion in the world. The area surrounding Atria is filled with plenty of amenities easily accessible to seniors.
- Religious Facilities Nearby: There are dozens of religious facilities in the area, including Sacred Center New York, the B'nai Jeshurun synagogue, and the West Park Presbyterian Church.
The Upper West Side is certainly not lacking for religious centers of every faith and denomination. Atria itself is a vibrant community where diverse faiths thrive and coexist."