CareOne at Hamilton Assisted Living - Hamilton, NJ

This place used to be a nursing home converting to an assisted living a few years ago. Although the entire place was redone with beautiful modern floors, wallpaper, etc. it still looks like a nursing home/hospital setting. It is not warm and inviting, more sterile like. Residents are in one small room which was not conducive to feeling like it was an apartment for long term living.

Pleased with community

This is a very nice community and my mom likes her room, she had brought her own furniture in so she feels more at home. The staff are friendly and attentive and they have encouraged mom to take part in the different activities that are offered there, there is a nice courtyard that is key-coded that the residents can go out on and visit with friends and family. I feel my mom is secure and safe here. There is a nice dining area and the food is pretty good. I would definitely recommend this community and taking a tour here.

A Respite Visit

My mom stayed here as a respite for two weeks. The community was lovely with lovely people. They provided her with beautiful care. They were really welcoming and I felt she was safe with them. They gave her medication on time too. I would use them for respite again and I would recommend them people I know in need.

Great Place

The care that my parents are receiving at CareOne at Hamilton is truly amazing. My parents were failing at home and now they eat 3 good meals a day, they participate in activities and physical therapy. I recommend it to anyone looking for Assisted Living

Dogs Can Live Here Too

They were really nice when I toured with them. However they were in a city that my parent was not familiar with. The good thing is they accept dogs to move in too.

Not what we were looking for...

CareOne at Hamilton was okay, but it was too commercial. It was more of an office feel. It would not have been a good fit for my mother.

Great Place

I visited Care One Hamilton over the weekend and was impressed with courtesy of their staff, newly renovations and overall cleanliness. We would recommend visiting this community for memory care or assisted living.

Too Expensive

We had an okay experience with this community. Unfortunately I did have to move my parents out, because their rates were getting to expensive. It is a well-kept community for the most part, but their room was always very cold. I just think they were not able to provide the level of care my parents needed.

Care for mom

This is a nice community. We do like the friendliness of the staff. This community is clean and beautiful. She is happy with the meals that are available. She is all always busy with a lot of the activities that are available for her to the other residents. We have been happy to see her doing very well. I recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Average care provided!!

This community has given me mixed emotions about the care they have provided my loved one. I am very concerned with the night shift and how long it takes the aids to get to my wife after she rings her light for assistance. She can not get up or down by her self so when she has to go to the restroom or has an emergency they can not be taking up to an hour to get to her bedside. The food also needs a lot of work, the vegetables are always over cooked and they do not offer many choices for diabetic residents. The administration just really needs to get everyone on the same page and take into consideration our complaints. The one thing I am very pleased with is the rehab therapy my wife receives.

I would recommend CareOne!!

My mom is adjusting to living at this community. Depending on the shift you are working with some of the staff are more helpful and friendly than others. Mom does not care for the food. They do keep the community clean and they have a beauty shop available a few times a week. The only concern I have so far is that they only bath her once a week in the assisted living area.

Mixed experience

Our experience with CareOne at Hamilton has been somewhat mixed. I think it is a nice enough place, in terms of the facility itself and the friendliness of the staff. Everyone I've met, from the aides to the chef, has been friendly and kind! However, I don't think the level of care they provide is sufficient for those on the higher end of the care scale. They evaluated our loved one as being fine for assisted living, but they just didn't provide the level of care she needed. There were a few different instances of her using the call button and nobody ever showing up. I think it might be a very nice place for someone with fewer needs, but make sure your loved one is a good fit.

so much construction

When we toured the facility it was lovely. However when mom moved in it was a disaster. Mom didn't stay long because there was so much construction. The bus they had to take residents to activities was broken down. It was all very disappointing. Overall not satisfied.