Brookdale Florence - Florence, NJ

This community is fair. Management is terrible at replying to emails and voice mail messages. For 6 months they did not have a housekeeper so staff had to pitch in to clean. Their maintenance man was fired for incompetent and unsafe work.They are understaffed, particularly on the weekends and overnight. They have some very nice and competent personnel but they have disappointed us greatly in their professionalism. Additionally, while my mother is in a different rehab facility, they insist on her paying for personal care services they are not delivering because she is NOT there! She is not been there for a month but they insist she has to pay for services. I understand paying the room rent of course, but they are not delivering ANY services to her.

This place is cozy and there are only 45 residents. I like the apartments because they are 2 rooms, bedroom and parlor with a kitchenette. The rooms on the inside perimeter each have a door to their own terrace in a central garden. The dining room has menus with 3 choices for each meal and the assistants are the servers. Plenty of different activities as well as monthly "Town Hall" meetings for the residents to discuss if there are4 any issues to be addressed.

Save a room for me!

I can't say enough about Brookdale Florence! The staff is friendly, attentive and professional. The atmosphere is that of a home, not a center. The facility is beautiful and clean, yet there is no institutional smell or feel. Top it off with fabulous food and activities and you have a winner!

They've Done Very Well

They have done very well in caring for my loved one and getting her to participate in activities. The only concern i have is with the pricing, which is probably pretty high across the board. Overall though, we are satisfied with the care she is receiving.

Great Place for Mom!

We placed our Mom there last month, and we could not be more pleased than we are with the caring, professional staff and the beautiful facility itself. We visited many other places for Mom but none compared to Brookdale Florence. The place is well run.

Caring staff

This is a very nice place with a close knit sense of community and family. The staff really does seem to care and they definitely go above and beyond the call of duty here. So far, we are very pleased with Brookdale.

Brookdale is great, it's a good place.

Brookdale is great, it's a good place. The people are very nice. They have been good about responding to her needs and with the care. One person even went and bought a can of soup she wanted when she wasn't feeling like eating, because they were worried about her. They went above and beyond and really seem to care about her.

Five Stars

Definitely recommended this place. Everyone is happy and staff are too. There is a lot of opening and the rooms are big.

Brookdale Florence - BRAVO!

I researched several facilities before selecting Brookdale
Florence. They automatically gave me their cell phone numbers and then visited my mother twice in her home to introduce themselves and make her feel welcome before she became a resident. Any place else, I had to leave a message and wait for a return call. One other facility manager told me that she would only meet with me for a tour on her schedule since all her apartments were full and she did not have to be flexible with her appointments. Brookdale however was extremely friendly! I met all of the staff members upon my first visit and they were great.
When you walk into the facility, I felt very comfortable and welcomed. I knew that I could live there, so I knew my mother would be happy there too. Now she has moved in and nothing has changed. The whole staff is very involved and are genuine in their behavior toward the residents. Great choice!

Very nice smaller community

Things have gone very well so far with Brookdale Florence. It's a small, very nice looking, well kept community. I like that due to its smaller size the residents get more individual attention and care. The staff have all been very friendly and attentive, and the residents seem comfortable. I would recommend it, if you are searching for care in the area.

Wonderful community

This place really was the best, Dad was very happy during his time here. The staff was great, very friendly and they had a lot of personal care and attention for every resident. We also liked that it was a nice small community, really personal feeling. They had a family event every month that we enjoyed, and the residents were always excited about it. Everything about this place was great, and we were glad it was recommended to us.

Didn't Offer 3 Meals in Independent Living

They were very nice, just out of our price range. It was an older building. We didn't have any terrible feelings about the place, although we did like the more affordable place that we found better. For independent living, they didn't have three hot meals a day included n the monthly rent, which is something that my brother needed.

From the first day I visited Sterling...

From the first day I visited Sterling House, I knew this was the place for my mom. Everyone was so friendly and willing to answer any and all questions. Lee Gillis, the Sales Manager, was more than accommodating in working with us and my schedule.

The grounds are kept very nice and the landscape changes with the seasons. The dining room is very homey and my mother loved it as soon as she walked in. She's been there only a few weeks, but is very happy and beginning to join in some of the activities.

Just not right for Mom.

Just not right for Mom.

Highly recommended, but location is f...

Highly recommended, but location is farther than expected. Recommended by The Director at Marcella Center

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected