The Clare Estate - Bordentown, NJ

It Could Be Better

Our experience is okay. It seems like they don't really help you. I have had some issues and I am not able to get to the right person to explain my issues. It is a lot of redirection between the staff. They also have some interior issues that seems like it is not safe. I also notice when it comes to billing there is no communication about being late, they just add a late fee charge. I believe the staff needs to see how the residents are listed if they have some medical conditions. They are helping with medication and meals. The housekeeping could be better, it doesn't look clean if they are providing the services.

Great Place

The entire staff made this transition as smooth as possible. My mom gets great care and feels very loved and safe at Clare Estates.

The Clare Estate....a God-send!

The Clare Estate was a God-send for our family. Mom received exceptional care in a loving and compassionate environment. Over the span of 20 months, Mom experienced the entire range of resources from the more independent monastery side to "the bridge" and then to [Removed] Walk where she passed peacefully in hospice care with loving nurses, aides and staff surrounding her and our family. The Clare gave Mom back some of the freedoms that she desperately missed while living in our home....at The Clare, she was safe and well-cared for and she loved the activities and the people. We got our Mom back as she flourished in "her place" enjoying social interaction and activities each day. We couldn't have asked for a better environment and we are forever connected to the people at The Clare who provided amazing all around care for Mom's body, her mind and her spirit.

Exceptional care & support

The Clare Estate is an exceptional place. Our grandmother lived here for the final two years of her life, and the care they provided was unrivaled. The staff at the Clare became like family because they cared so deeply for her and for all of us. Our grandmother was able to progress through all levels of this facility until she passed, increasing the level of hands-on care as she needed it. Obviously a lot of careful thought goes into selecting a place for a family member, but our grandmother and family all agreed “what’s not to love” about the Clare after seeing it for the first time and experiencing the comfort, warmth, and love of the staff here. They obviously provided 24/7 care for our grandmother but also went above and beyond to help us celebrate her birthdays and provide us comfort as she passed. It would have been horrible to think about moving her to a separate facility as she continued to decline, so we were incredibly grateful for their ability to care for her until the end, including bringing in hospice to [Removed] walk. Words can’t express how grateful we are for the Clare and we wholeheartedly recommend them! -[Removed]

The decisions we make in life always matter.

One of the best decisions of my life to have my Mom cared for and cared about by the staff of the Clare Estates. High quality resident focused care was routine by the entire staff regardless of Job title. My Mom (Shirley [Removed]), my family, and myself will be forever grateful for the kindness of your staff during my Mom's stay. Thank you so much for everything.

Couldn't Be More Pleased with Clare Estates

After an extended period of trying to keep my mother at home, which was her wish, it became necessary, for her own safety, to find her a place nearby that offered just the right balance of independence and support. The staff at Clare Estates has been wonderful - everyone is friendly and dedicated. Mom has settled into her new lifestyle better than we could have hoped. She looks better, she's engaged socially, she's medically supported, she's even gaining a little weight with having well prepared, nutritionally balanced meals every day. We're very happy and relieved from worry - and so is she!

Good value.

Renovated monastery right off Rte 206. Food good, aides nice, encourage joining in the activities. Nice lobby/atrium space for exercise & visiting. Elevators do not connect but that does not seem to hinder circulation within the facility. Wish they were more electronic. Nice website photo.

Great review for Clare Estate

I would recommend this facility to all. My dad loves the food, the people, the ability to be in his own room but knows that if he has any needs, someone would be there for him quickly. My dad is a very quiet man, but has made many friends from his dining room time or just sitting in the beautiful sunny lobby area where he can enjoy the goings on of the day. I have never once smelled anything unpleasant or seen anyone acting in an unbecoming way.
(I know they would be spoken to or fired if that happened !)
They have a secured area too for those who cannot wander or need additional assistance. This was the best move I could have ever made for my dad. He loves it !! I've never seen him smile as much as he has in the past two months he has been there. Dad was in the hospital and the talk was that we may possibly be making arrangements for the end (he is 96). He is now able to do well for himself, has gained weight, and is doing physically well because of a good sense of well-being.
If I ever get in the situation where I need this kind of care,
I definitely would go there.

very conscientious personnel.

very conscientious personnel.

A Better Than Anticipated Experience

The Clare Estate was one of the many references provided by A Place For Mom and one of the three facilities we visited before choosing. First impressions are important and we were particularly impressed 1. Cleanliness and maintenance 2. Organized and efficient layout of facility 3. Knowledgeable and attentive interview with Cathy Chabala, marketing director 4. Every staff member we met was helpful, positive, upbeat, and made an effort to ask and remember our names 5.Security 6. High level of interaction between staff and residents 7. Adequate and qualified medical staff available 8. Proximity to family home 9. Packaged pricing structure (as opposed to being billed separately for each service or need) 10. A kind and gracious spirit throughout. Opinions listed in no particular order.

Early Days

We have just recently moved my wife's sister to the Clare Estate, after a two week hospital stay followed by five weeks at a rehab center. Unfortunately she received no specific care for her dementia condition at either of these places and, in consequence, her condition degenerated. In the short time she has been at the Clare Esatate the staff have her walking again and are working on her dementia related issues with a speech therapist. They plan to start her working with an occupational therapist as well. We give them full marks for running a clean, bright, cheerdful establishment with staff who seem to be both competent and caring.

She is NOT interested in a one buildi...

She is NOT interested in a one building setting...She is more interested in condo style independent situation.

The Clare Estate in Bordentown, New Jersey is a truly unique and luxurious senior residential community cloistered peacefully amid 10 acres of fully restored and modernized historic buildings, towering trees, natural spaces and gardened lawns.

Clare House is located in the historic monastery building, which was formerly the home of the Sisters of Poor Clare for over a century. While the building has been completely renovated and modernized, it has retained its original architecture and many dramatic details such as stained glass windows, soaring arched ceilings and intricate woodwork.

Residents of Clare House enjoy the privacy and independence of their quality-appointed apartments, while having the assurance of quality assistance based on their individual needs.

Located in the community’s newly constructed wing, Clare Manor offers outstanding full-service assisted living in a cozy home-like environment. Whether you choose to live in Clare House or Clare Manor you will receive quality care and round the clock accessibility to medical staff as well as other services including chef prepared nutritious meals, housekeeping, laundry, activities, day and shopping trips and social and spiritual programming.