Brandywine Living at Pennington - Pennington, NJ

Brandywine Living at Pennington - Pennington, NJ has yet not published prices.

Brandywine is Top Notch!

We couldn't be happier with our decision to have our dad move into Brandywine Senior Living. The staff is attentive and caring to each individual. The residents speak highly of the staff as well and they're a great endorsement. The food is excellent and the dining staff is very professional. The activities are wonderful and the residents enjoy attending them. They paid special attention in getting our dad settled in.
I highly recommend Brandywin Senior Living to anyone who wants quality care for a friend or family member.

Brandywine Pennington is wonderful

My mother had to be moved here temporarily because of damage at her home location. It was a wonderful experience. [name removed] and the staff were fantastic. The rooms are very large. And my mother enjoyed the residents. If you want an assisted living facility that is top notch, this is a place to be.

Brandywine Gets My Vote

I strongly recommend Brandywine Living at Pennington, NJ for your loved one. Both the facility itself and the staff are superior. The facility is well-designed and maintained, enhancing the quality of life of the residents. The staff is very friendly and caring and goes out of their way to meet the residents' needs as well as their wants. To most of them, it is more of a mission than just a job. Brandywine also offers the residents a variety of activities on a daily basis as well as outside entertainers. I looked at a lot of places for my father before I chose this particular Brandywine and after 18 months I am confident that I made the right choice.

Our mother has been living at Brandywine (Pennington) for three months now. After our father unexpectedly passed away, she had an abrupt change in her life which included moving into assisted living. The staff and residents welcomed her with open arms. It is truly an impressive place, noticeable in the lobby area when first entering. The facility is kept very clean and the staff is quite attentive. The Brandywine staff works well with our family and they are responsive to our input and observations. The food is excellent and the dining room elegant, with a staff of waiters taking orders, serving, and offering desserts. Plenty of varied activities for those who wish to participate, ranging from exercise classes, arts and crafts, bingo, etc. Bottom line – though our mother misses our father dearly, she is happy at Brandywine and well taken care of. This move was the definitely the right choice with no regrets.

Thankful

My mom and dad have been living at the Brandywine at Pennington community for nearly a year. After a couple of falls last year, my mom needed more care than could be provided in my parents’ two story home. As a professional in the senior housing and care fields, I had no hesitation in selecting Brandywine at Pennington when I needed to find a safe home for my parents. I knew from colleagues and neighbors that Brandywine offered its residents the best balance of care, welcoming atmosphere and overall value in the area. My confidence has been confirmed. Brandywine is a community where my parents have the opportunity to thrive, not just survive. The staff is warm, responsive and professional, treating my parents like extended family. The building is clean and my parents are typically active, participating in a variety of activities and opportunities for all kinds of socialization. The quality and variety of the food is incredible. Most importantly, the care and support is always sincere, excellent and available at a variety of levels as appropriate to the individual needs of my parents. Fiercely independent minded, my parents were very reluctant to move; naturally, their adjustment continues, but it is progressing more smoothly and enjoyably for them due to their very positive experiences at the Brandywine at Pennington community.

We're very happy with our experience. The entire staff felt like members of our family.

My mother spent a year and a quarter at Brandywine Senior Living at Pennington before a stroke forced us to move her to a nursing home. We were extremely satisfied with all aspects of her living at Brandywine. Since first impressions are important, it is relevant to note that Brandywine is an extremely attractive facility that is well kept and immaculately clean. My mother used to comment frequently on how lovely the premises were. The quality and friendliness of the care she received there was outstanding. Of particular note is the affectionate, caring, warm and friendly attitude of the very professional nursing staff. Without exception these fine nurses were always willing to go out of their way to do anything they could to help my mother. The nurses are supported by a staff of aides who were always available to assist my mother and who were always friendly and warm. The concierges who staff the front desk are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Brandywine's dining services are quite good and their policy of "all day dining" (the ability to get a meal at any time of day up until 7PM) is truly appreciated (it was not unusual for my mother to forget to go down to a meal at the appointed time...but that never meant she had to go hungry). Michael, who runs the dining room, is most charming and made extra effort to make my mother feel welcome. Particularly appreciated by my mother was the regular Friday afternoon "social" or happy hour and the ability to have a glass of wine served with dinner. Overall, we had an excellent experience at Brandywine. We truly appreciate the friendliness, caring approach, accessibility and competence of everyone who works at Brandywine.

A Very Happy Dad

Brandywine has given my Dad a new lease on life. This was a man who kept saying " I have nothing to do." Now we are lucky if we can get him on the phone. He is always doing something with somebody. Dad is happy, healthy and looking forward to every day at Brandywine.

Brandywine Senior Living is a superb ...

Brandywine Senior Living is a superb facility. My father has lived here for eight years. When he first moved in he was 90, still driving, busy on his computer, and going on all the trips. As his health has diminished, his needs have been completely met. He has had some major health issues through the years, and has been at many rehabs following hospital stays, but he always wants to get back home. The facility is beautiful and clean, the rooms are nicely sized, activities are great, the food is very nice. The best part about Brandywine however is the people. They treat the residents wih a great amount of caring, absolute dignity, and professionalism. At the same time, they are warm and friendly and truly become a second family. My father's quality of life has been the best it could possibly have been living at Brandywine.

I want to move here when I grow up....

Upon my Dad's death I knew Mom needed help and as she lived in another state over 2 hrs away I started to look for a place. I can't say enough good about the beautfiul facility and staff at Brandywine at Pennington. When you enter you feel like you walked into a grand hotel, no smells and very nicely decorated. Each room is spacious and well maintained. The activities are varied enough to appeal to all personalities. Mom loved the trips to the playhouse and restaurants. She felt safe and the nursing staff always made her laugh and treated her like a family member. For 6 years she enjoyed the great food, care and beautiful surroundings at Brandywine. You are not only a resident there but you become a part of the Brandywine family. Definitely go on a tour to see for yourself.

Nice facility. Need to be ...

Nice facility. Need to be able to pay for 2 years of care and they will accept medicaid along with pension and SS and put it in writing.

Best of the best

Brandywine was really the best of the best that we toured. The biggest selling point was that every person we met, whether Director or maintenance, made personal connection to my father. During tours of other facilities, the administrator spoke directly to me and did not involve my father in the conversation, even though I tried to circle him in. This should be basic customer service (not to mention salesmanship).
My only disappointment is that they made him a Level 2 due to "cuing and supervision" needs (I wasn't part of the assessment, but that is another indicator that they focus on the client and not the caregiver). We hadn't counted on the extra $28/day (!) needed for this, when he is independent in the usual "activities of daily living". Just because you have short term memory issues does not mean you are cognitively impaired--there are other criteria involved to make this determination (I happen to work in this arena and know what I'm talking about.) He really only needed supervision in finding the dining room in a 3 story building because he is legally blind. To their credit, the administrators said I could request another assessment be done.
Otherwise, really excellent care at the level that is needed, a low staff-turnover rate that tells me they pay well and make retention a priority (which is so important to the residents for continuity of care), a resident council where issues are discussed monthly, and ample opportunity for activities (if the residents wish to partake). He loves the food, and they finally realized that they need to read the menu to him. My only suggestion is that the staff should also review the daily calendar with him, so he knows what is going on and where, since he cannot read even the large-print display.

Not interested in this one....

Not interested in this one... too old and tired looking place.

Love it!

We love this place! I can't think of anything negative to say about it. The staff are amazing, very loving and caring. It's a beautiful community, and from what I've heard from her the food is good! I really can't think of any way they could improve.

My mother has been at Brandywine for ...

My mother has been at Brandywine for one week. It was difficult for her to give up her condo, but the staff has been very helpful and she seems happy.
Thanks

Positives and Negatives

They are very friendly and professional. I guess the value is good, but I don't really have anything to compare it to. The care is quite good and so are the activities. They have stuff for the brain, stuff for the body, and creative things. They have people get together over card games and other sorts of board games. They show movies often. They have outings about once a month. They have a 9:30am exercise class everyday. It's a good amount and I think the staff who run the activities are especially skilled and gifted for the job.

There are a few ways they could improve. The cooking could be better. It is very salty, obviously it's not appropriate for elderly people to have such a salty diet. My mom likes the food but I would like to see more healthy choices, less sugar, less salt and more fresh vegetables. The other think I want to see is for them to develop a walking trail better than what they have now. The residents don't walk enough so they move into wheelchairs more quickly than they need to. I'd like to see something to really promote walking on a daily basis. They need a place to walk and people to walk with.

Fancy and Fabulous!

It was great. It was a little bit fancier and really updated. The furnishings were really upscale and all. It was really roomy because it was out in the country. I would say that if Pennington is within reach I would say it's a fabulous place. It's right near princeton.

Very nice facility and staf...

Very nice facility and staff. Katherine Prassas answered all our questions and concerns.

Very comfortable, clean env...

Very comfortable, clean environment. Feel my Mom would ease into this choice for her next home easily. Again concerned that monthly income is just over medicaid maximum and not enough to maintain her here forever.....when ran out of asset monies would have to find another home.

Liked facility & people, though the 1...

Liked facility & people, though the 1BR rooms are likely too small.

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at Pennington is ideally located in Mercer County, New Jersey, midway between the popular metropolises of New York and Philadelphia, and within a short drive to the famous Jersey Shore.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
For culinary fun, our residents love to experience the one-of-a-kind “Taste of Pennington” where local restaurants and New Jersey wineries are invited to show off their favorite dishes paired with fine wine. In fact, Pennington offers an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And, of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that Pennington has been recognized as an Advanced Standing community by the State of New Jersey, acknowledging our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.