Brandywine Living at Princeton - Princeton, NJ

Brandywine Living at Princeton - Princeton, NJ has yet not published prices.

Your loved one is in good hands

My 89 year old mother moved in during summer of 2014, having come from living independently. I was concerned about how she would adapt, but I was pleasantly surprised when after the first night she said she loved it, and has never looked back. Everyone is warm, friendly, welcoming, beginning with Leslie, Mae, Nancy and Olga. There's little turnover in staff - my friend visited and Nancy and Olga remembered her from 8 years earlier, when her aunt was there. The food is good, the aides are amazing, the drivers are terrific taking mom to doctor appointments. I can't say enough good things about Brandywine in Princeton. My husband & I looked at several neighboring places during our investigation but Brandywine was the first one we looked at and all others paled in comparison. Having your parent(s) here will enable you to sleep at night. It has helped me. Thank you, everyone!

Highly recommended

Brandywine was extremely positive with the care and friendliness provided by the people to be the heart of a rewarding experience. The director, Ms. Yngojo-Bowes and the the head of nursing Ms. Limuaco are very professional and caring, setting the tone for the everyone. I would highly recommend. RA.

Excellent memory care section!

I have had two loved ones stay at this facility, and their experiences were very different. Currently I have a loved one here in their memory care section, and they do an absolutely fantastic job with that. The aides are friendly, caring, and patient, and they take great care of her. However when my father was in their assisted living section he did not enjoy it. He was at a stage of care that was in-between two different levels that they provide, and he just was not comfortable. He needed more assistance than their lowest level of care provided, but he felt that the level of care they placed him in was too controlling and too intense.

Very appreciative...

Over two years ago we moved our mother to Brandywine. Any transition would be difficult, but it went as smoothly as we could have expected. I am a nurse and my husband is a physician, and we visit at least once to twice a week. We have come to really know the staff… from the administration, front desk staff, nurses, activity coordinators to the caring aids that assist with daily care. Our mom may have physical limitations, but her mind is still active. She takes advantage of all that Brandywine has to offer, from the entertainment to the daily games, movies, holiday celebrations and other various activities. The staff has submitted her artwork to local competitions and has supported her efforts. Most recently, they completed a wonderful mural project which combined the residents’ love of art and music. A beautiful video of this event was taped and it brought tears to my eyes. As for the medical care, while our mother still takes her own medication, the nursing staff alerts us when they see something that should be brought to our attention. They have adjusted her level of care as needed. While she has her “favorites”, the aids love talking to her and assist her when needed. We are most grateful for the excellent Physical Therapy on site as this is also a crucial part of her care and it is so easy for her to schedule and attend. Our only concern is the food which we think should be more individualized for dietary concerns (like low sodium diets)… but the dining staff is caring as well and she rarely opts to have a meal in her room.

In summary, we are grateful for all that Brandywine has to offer our mom. She is busy, well taken care of, comfortable and safe. Thanks to all of you!!

Very Happy

We have had a very good experience with Brandywine, starting from our initial tour, through my father's move in and subsequent transition. The facilities are very comfortable and well-maintained, and the proximity of the attached rehabilitation center is very convenient. The staff is friendly, engaging, and very welcoming to residents and families. They went out of their way to ensure that his transition was as smooth as possible. A wide variety of activities and outings are offered for the residents, and the staff seeks out opportunities to engage specific interests of each resident. After considering a number of other facilities in the area, we are very happy to be with Brandywine.

Beautiful Facility with Caring Staff

Beautifully decorated, clean and well maintained facility. Extremely caring and attentive staff. A terrific variety of activities are offered and tremendous efforts are made to meet the residents individual needs.

Brandywine is where I would personally live

From the first day I toured to the move in, & now the actual living day to day, Brandywine Princeton has been a very positive experience. It has become a home not just a place to live, for my dad. Everyone there has been very helpful, friendly, welcoming & professional. The entire staff works together as a team, to make sure your loved one is well cared for. They have a lot of activities, weekly outings/field trips, a bus to Target, the grocery store, a Farm market etc. They have visiting entertainers, dance troupes, bands etc.
I visited 6 other Assisted living facilities before I visited Brandywine & this is the one I would personally live in. I am very satisfied with the professionalism, the care & the team. Also a major plus for me is how clean it is all the time. Brandywine is AWESOME!

Jane and Harry

It has been over a year that Mom has been residing at the Brandywine, Princeton, NJ. I am happy to share that our experience from the beginning to this juncture continues to exceed my expectations.
I am sure that every family has unique circumstances, in my case, Mom lived in NYC and had a few requests that were not standard operating procedures. The professional staff thinking outside the box were able to accommodate her few concerns which enable us to move forward. (Other communities would not consider the request ex: visit mom at her home)
The facility is run magnificently , the administrators have an open door policy, the cleanliness is always noticeable, the dining room is appealing but most importantly the every day, all hours of the the day working staff are truly remarkable caring people who tirelessly help keep you comfortable and see to it that your needs are being handled.

Life At Brandywine in Princeton, NJ

Ever since my parents toured and then made the decision to make Brandywine in Princeton their new home, I have been impressed with the level of care and sincerity of the staff. All members of the management team and caring staff are friendly and go the extra mile in trying to provide for the best interests of the residents. The number and varying types of activities also provide for a well balanced list from which the residents can choose. Whether inside or outside, the facility presents an attractive appearance that the residents and their families can be proud of! If you are planning for your loved ones at an assisted living facility, make sure Brandywine is on your list!

Best of the Best!

I visit Brandywine once a month and can't say enough about this facility. In my profession, I go to at least a dozen other similar facilities in the same time frame and none can compare with Brandywine at Princeton. The Residents are offered so many opportunities in this gorgeous facility. It's not your typical Assisted Living, as this is clearly The Best of the Best! The Activity Department is exceptional and offers Events that are imaginative, creative and involve Residents at so many different levels. I'm extremely impressed with their devotion to the job as it speaks volumes about their commitment to the Residents.

Brandywine Princeton Clean Nice they care

Brandywine Princeton: My Mom is a new resident. It has been a hard transition for her but the Brandywine staff has been excellent starting with Leslie Yngojo-Bowes who gave my Mom a tour is exceptional. Leslie went above and beyond helping Mom to make the move. The staff all the way around works hard and mostly are kind and upbeat bless them so much for that. I got exceptional help and kindness when I left my keys and I live almost 2 hours away by public transportation. They are really very good. I do wish it was some how more cheerful but overall they really are good folks and care. The residents too are really for the most part very, very nice People as well!!!

Great place for Seniors.

The staff at Brandywine Senior Living at Princeton is kind and caring. The residents are always kept busy and entertained with the creative and talented Activities Director and staff. There is always something for everyone to do, crafts. parties, outings, plays and entertainment. The care and happiness of the seniors is first and foremost at this facility.

A PLUS PLUS FOR ACTIvITIES

The activities Director and staff provide the residents with daily mental and physical stimulation that is of the highest caliber. Artistic endeavors include painting classes utilizing the talented residents as teachers, sculpting 3D landscapes, Seasonal wreath making, floral arranging, and it goes on and on .......
The entertainment spectrum runs from Opera performances to Pop, Big Bands, and Rock. The entertainers are all professionals, who encourage the residents to participate. Physical and mental stimulation is addressed in a holistic method with stretching exercise class, games including Bocce, Ring Toss, Bean Bag Toss, Card Games, Bingo , Word Games, and Wheel Games. The Director and Staff create an all inclusive atmosphere and are genuinely friendly and caring to residents and family members alike.

Understaffed, but Great Staff!

The staff here is what really got my loved one to stay here. They do suffer from understaffing, but that is like everywhere else. The activities they offer are less engaging than at other independent living communities, but they do offer them. Also, the price seemed to be comparable to others in the area.

One suggestion we have would be to have more information about their compeitors. Brandywine does compare to the others, but they don't seem to really investigate what the competitors offer.

However, we were really impressed by the recent family meeting with the staff. The family members were able to meet and discuss what specifically the staff is doing that is good, as well as what is not so good. Even the littlest things were discussed, such as putting flowers along the walkway, or playing music in the lobby. They were very receptive to the feedback and everyone praised the staff for their hard work.

Toured and liked!

My brother and I toured this community when we were looking for assisted living for my parents. We liked this one a lot, it was very clean compared to some of the locations my brother had seen. We ended up settling on another location, but this one was very nice.

Hearing good things

I haven't visited it myself, but my relative lives here and seems to really enjoy it. She has a deck, which she really enjoys as well. She had some medical difficulties but they were able to continue to care for her. Moving into a new situation like this can be very difficult and I am glad Brandywine made the transition easier on her.

Laundry And Food Can Improve

I think the activities are good overall if you're in assisted living but if you're in the reflections unit, where my mother is, they're not so good. I think they're very responsive when you have a complaint which is good. I have had some recent experience with the clothing shuffle and laundry issues. If they're really going to improve anything they should really should improve the laundry facility. I was told one thing about the way the laundry was going to be done and I've experienced something very different. I've had 5 different explanations so far and it's like let's get the story straight. It's frustrating. Part of the dignity that they want to retain is wear their own clothes and hers are disappearing. I don't know if it's in other people's rooms or being destroyed in the laundry or what. It's been an ongoing and a big issue and I hear it's common. It deters me from going there which isn't fair to me or my mother but I just don't want to have a confrontation every time I go there. I chose it for proximity so I do see a lot that goes on there. I think the food could be better too. My mother has gained about 15lbs in 4 months and it's because the activity level isn't high enough and the quality of the food is not great. I think they should do more of a high fiber, low calorie diet instead of the high fat diet I'm seeing.

The right place to call home

So many major attributes stand out at the Brandywine , and without any exaggeration this
is the place to call home. I'm sure there's good staff at other assisted care facilities but
at the Brandywine the staff is truly a dream come true, after the contracts are signed and the deposits are made they remain deeply interested in the comfort and lives of those who reside.
Every day and all day long the the excellence in care is visible.
Of course it is just as important to maintain a clean and orderly operation and that it is!
I'm so relieved to know that my mother a New York City, Upper East Side resident of 40 years
is pleased with this choice of calling the Brandywine home.

The leaders at brandywine truly help...

The leaders at brandywine truly helped us make the difficult decision to have my mom enter the memory care unit. Their daily calls to answer any and all questions was greatly appreciated. Made us feel good that mom would be taken care of.

27 units / private rooms Fees includ...

27 units / private rooms Fees include everything, including care levels.

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at Princeton is located in historic Princeton, New Jersey and is surrounded by Ivy League charm, beauty and historic significance. The town itself is a hub for families including many fine restaurants, playful shops, and an array of walking paths.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
For pure fun the residents can be found enjoying the exciting events held in the aptly named “Great Room,” including Curtain Call and their own signature program, The Money Wheel. In fact, Princeton offers an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And, of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that Princeton has been recognized as an Advanced Standing community by the State of New Jersey, acknowledging our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.