Atrium Senior Living of Princeton - Princeton, NJ

Miss managed

This started out as a good place for my family member but things went down hill very fast. I was promised a certain charge for service but was billed way out of what they said. The accounting side of Atrium is so mismanaged and the turn over rate is every couple of months. Get everything in writing and be aware they are unscrupulous.

Atrium of Princeton - the best!

My father was transferred here from another facility and we are extremely happy with the Atrium of Princeton. I would recommend them highly.

I made several attempts to reach them regarding my mother becoming a resident at their facility. I have been working to place her in a quality facility as a respite patient, with a possible transfer to a permanent stay. She is currently a patient at Atrium at Hamilton and is thriving there. I had scheduled a tour through A Place for Mom, but never received a confirmation from the facility. I called and was transferred to the contact person's voicemail, which was full, and I was bounced back to reception where I was placed on hold for upwards of seven minutes and then disconnected. When I called back, the receptionist assured me that she would pass along a hand-written message to her, which was never returned. When I called again, I was curtly told you she was on her lunch break and I should call back after 1:30. I just wanted to make everyone aware that these are the reasons I will not be pursuing her placement with this facility. If this is the way the organization treats prospective residents who are currently in another of their facilities (and who will be paying out of pocket for their care), I shudder to think of how they would be treated once they were actually in their care. I hope that they will treat other prospective residents and their families more respectfully in the future.

Thank you for being great to our parent

Our family has toured many communities to find the one that is right for us. The Atrium provides excellent care and attention to our parent. The food is very good compared to other facilities. The are great programs, exercises, games and entertainment during the day. There is no perfect place , but this one is pretty close to perfection. Thank you Atrium staff!

Really bad experience

My mother is a resident there and it has been such a horrible experience that we are moving her out. The aides never help and just leave her and not help her to go to the bathroom as they said she should just go in her diaper. The place is filthy and food is so bad that I my mom is now down to 94 pounds. I worry for any other parent who is left there without having an advocate to support their parent. If I didn't continue to complain and raise issues it would be even worse experience for my mom. They just don't have sufficient support to help and they say all these great things but it is all lies. We are thankful we can move her out.

Wonderful facility

My brother has resided happily at Pavillions (now Atrium) for two years. All of the staff, including non professional staff, are warm, friendly and supportive, greeting my brother with a smile and always attempting to meet his individual needs and respond to any concerns we may have. He enjoys the many daily activities and social interactions. We have always found the facility to be clean, and well maintained We are very pleased to know that he is happy and well cared for.

This was a bad experience. We asked for tour, we were shown 10 feet onto unit and then basicaly shuffled back down to office. Any questions we asked were answered with "I've only been on job for two weeks." There was also bucket in middle of floor catching drips. Lobby was decorated to impress. Rooms were in need of refresher/upkeep.

Friendly and encouraging staff!

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far things have gone very well with The Pavilions! They allow him to have much more control over his own life than they did at the community he was at previously, while still providing the care and support that he needs. He seems so much happier and more fulfilled here! The staff are all very friendly, and they do a great job informing the residents about the activities they provide, and encouraging them to participate. The whole place just has a very relaxed, welcoming feel.

Worth checking out this place

My father has been in 3 other facilities and to my surprise this has been the best one. Thanks to a place for mom!
The executive director is good , the staff has been very nice & helpful. I have found the atmosphere calm & staff supportive .

Friendly, accommodating staff!

Things have gone very well here overall, my loved one really seems to be enjoying herself here! The staff here are all very friendly, and they do a great job taking care of the residents. They're very good about keeping families informed and up-to-date on how their loved ones are doing. They also do a good job with their activities program, my loved one always seems busy and happy!

Pleased with The Pavillions

My parents haven't been here long, but they seem to enjoy it so far. The staff is friendly, and it is very clean. It's very expensive, but based on my limited experience that seems par for the course. One issue my parents are not happy with is the lack privacy, the staff will enter rooms without knocking or ringing the bell, which I guess is understandable for the type of care provided here.

Director was really open and willing ...

Director was really open and willing to show me everything there, he said "well I have nothing to hide". The long term care portion what I think we may be looking for had strong urine scent, but in all fairness it there was a cleaning person in the process of servicing the rooms it seemed. The assisted living portion, which I thought we were beyond, but he thinks not, seemed like something my mom would go for.

Beautiful place I am hopeful Dad will...

Beautiful place I am hopeful Dad will want to move here, very accommodating to his need for nursing care

Within a campus of continued care, transitions are easy to meet your current needs. Whether you are here for a brief stay or if you’re calling The Pavilions “home”, we want you to feel comfortable and as independent as possible.

Your level of activity depends on your ability and interest, whatever those may be, we’re here to support you with the dignity you deserve.

Our spacious, light-filled rooms encourage healing and hope and an elegant setting in which to enjoy the company of family and friends.