Sunrise of Lower Makefield - Yardley, PA

Outstanding Care

The care at this community is really outstanding. I like to know that the staff is taking very close attention to her needed. The community is clean and we like the variety of healthy meals. The activities are helpful for her to participate. We would recommend this community for the good care and value.

Tour for options

We toured this community and we wanted a community where my mom could walk as much as needed. The community was clean and the list of the meals and the activities were helpful. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one

If They Only Could...

We really liked this community when we had a tour. They were initially our first choice but we found that the state of Pennsylvania does not accept our Medicaid.

Like a lovely private home

This is a wonderful home for aging adults. The facility is beautiful, very well-kept, and the staff is caring. While Mom's stay was brief (she passed after 6 weeks), our family felt welcome, and Mom always commented "Everybody is so Nice!"
I must say, joining your loved one for a meal feels awkward. You must purchase a ticket at the front desk to be served. Other places merely add your meal to the resident's bill, which is more discreet.
But other than that, a first rate residence for affluent older persons.

Everything is going great!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my loved one since he had recently made the move into this community. The staff have all been very helpful and I am comfortable with the quality of care he is receiving. He has had no complaints about the food and enjoys the social environment with the other residents.

Pleasant Tour of This Community

I had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well overall. The staff was kind, and informative. My questions were answered. The community looked nice, everything was well maintained. It was a good experience, and everyone was kind to my family, and myself.

The Billing Is Odd

Everything is going okay. I'm hoping they make some changes with the way they do their payment and billing. Our bill was twice as much and they added stuff on to the bill. The first bill was in the thousands! They are currently reviewing and correcting the bill after we discussed this is not what we agreed.

Worth taking a look at

This community reminded me of a resort. It was clean and the staff I met were nice. This community was expensive for the services my loved one needed.

Mom Enjoys this Community

I couldn't be happier with my choice to move my mother to this community. She is doing very well since her move, and I'am very satisfied with all they have done for us. The staff is wonderful. They are really accommodating, and responsive. She enjoys the activities they have available. This has worked out to be a very good move for her. I would highly recommend this community. It is a great facility.

Great Care!

My father is receiving good care from the caregivers at the Sunrise Senior Living of Lower Makefield. The place is maintained well. I am currently waiting on some returned calls, but other than that, the care is excellent.

All is Well

All is well for my mother since her move to this community.

First Impression

My first impression during the tour was that everyone was friendly. Staff We passed during the initial visits said hello and smiled and seemed happy. Now that my parent is a resident I have the continued good impression that the staff is caring and friendly and dedicated to the work they do. The facility itself is very nice in comparison to other assisted-living homes that we visited But it is expensive. Waiting on the outcome -resolution of an item gone missing and may update this review depending on the outcome. Overall, this is a very nice place.

Sun's up.

Staff is always friendly and responsive. Food is quite good. First month has met my expectations

Pleased

Everything is well for my uncle here at this community. The community is very clean, everything looks great. The staff is very helpful and treating him well. We are pleased.

Settling in nicely!

Everyone here is very good and they are helpful and caring. My loved ones really like it here. They have finally went to the dining area and they like it and are starting to meet people. They offer a lot of activities, but my loved ones have not participated yet. I would recommend them.

A Little To Big For Our Taste

I had a good tour of this community. From what Is saw everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff I met was kind and informative. My questions were answered. The community was a little to big for our taste, but it is a nice place.

My Thought About The Community

I took a tour at this community and it ended up being larger than I expected. I did like the place from what I saw. The residents and staff are nice. I was given a tour from what I believe was a knowledgeable person.

Not a very clean community!!

During my tour of this community I had noticed that the facility was poorly maintained and not kept very clean. There was also a disturbing smell throughout the building that I did not want my loved one to be exposed to everyday. Other than that the staff was very kind and gave a good tour of there community.

Sunrise Senior Living

A breath of fresh air!

The staff here has been just great with my loved one. My loved one really likes the food and the people. They are very caring and helpful. They have a lot of activities to offer the residents. They also have an area where the residents can go out and enjoy the outdoors.

The family is happy with Sunrise!

My parents are planning to stay at this community. I have tried the food and some of it is not all that great. Mom is more active in the community. Some of the staff have warmed up to my mom and are very kind with her. A few of the staff have also warmed up to my dad. The staff are sensitive to my parents individual conditions.

Nice place

So far our experience with Sunrise Senior Living has been a good one, we'd give them high marks across the board. It's a nice looking place, the people seem friendly, and my loved one has settled in well. We have no complaints!

Sunrise Senior Living of Lower Makefield is a nice community. Overall we have had a great experience at the facility. They offer a lot of activities there for everyone to participate in. The food is good and we're glad we chose this facility for our loved one.

Well, right from the start you are made to feel like family. So when I needed somewhere for my dad to go the choice was easy. But when I saw the place I was even more excited. I thought maybe my dad can have a life again instead of waiting for the end of his life. Its beautiful, right out of an Eathan Allen showroom. The staff really cares. My father has a lovely room, a clean bed, and is making friends. He is eatting, drinking water and taking his medications. I love the party like atmosphere. Not like a nursing facility, like home.

Overall, It has been a pretty good experience.

The Sunrise Senior Living of Lower Makefield is a nice community. Overall, It has been a pretty good experience. The facility is clean. The friendliness is excellent. The staff and the residents are nice and welcoming. I can't rate the value because it is not applicable. The care services are excellent. The care givers do a great job at taking care of their residents. The activities are pretty good there.

BEAUTIFUL FACILITY,GREAT PROGRAMS FOR THE RICH AND FAMOUS. DOES NOT DO MEDICADE.

Great place. Very nice and clean. Had a great time talking with the nurses and sales people. They have a puppy on site for the residents. Memory care center is separate with courtyard and own activities area. Definite contender.

loved the star pattern for ...

loved the star pattern for mom, easy for her to see other people and move about, lots of activities for fred to do and be more independent, superb staff interaction and attentiveness, apt size very doable

lovely and nearly new. grea...

lovely and nearly new. great facility with many activities provided in home PT, OT, all inclusive.

Very nice facility. A lot ...

Very nice facility. A lot of extra's. Like the Companion Living Suite. Move-in fee negotiable. They do not have any Medicaid beds, so once you use you money you would have to move to a nursing home.No bed alarms but doors can be left open and checks can be more frequently.

15 minutes from Ewing; 35 ...

15 minutes from Ewing; 35 minutes from New Egypt (distance); Prices may be too high (3,700-9,000)

Sunrise Senior Living

We are very sorry to hear you've had this negative experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like more information. Please reach out to us at information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dotcom) with further details. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

We have had a good experience.

We have had a good experience. The food is wonderful, I've even eaten there myself the food is great the dining room is great, she loves it. I have no complaints everybody from the front desk to the dining hall have been so great, there is nothing I can even complain about. I wouldn't mind living here. It's beautiful, it's clean and looks like a hotel. Natalie Schillner with A Place For Mom was just unbelievable, she is just the best and I just can't say enough about her. She was in constant contact with me.

Bad attitudes

I'd had some experience with this location when my mother lived there, and I was very unimpressed. The attitude of the staff, from the top down, is just not a loving environment. Everyone from the director to the aides felt like they were just there to get their paycheck, and it was not a nice atmosphere at all.

Community Atmospehre

It's a beautiful place. The really nice thing about Sunrise is when you walk in the layout is very conducive to a community atmosphere. All the activity rooms are in a cluster. I think that helps people feel connected when the see each other all in one big area. What didn't work for me about Sunrise was mostly the distance. I know myself and if it's not very close my mom would see less of me.

Great, caring staff

My mother's in the remembrance portion so I can really only speak to that, I don't know what the rest of the deal is like. I think the people that work with the residents are fantastic, they really truly care about them and they work hard. There's lots of activties to do, it just depends on what the persons specific needs are.

No real negatives when I to...

No real negatives when I took the tour. Same problem as Spring Village at Floral Vale - a bit far but not a deal breaker.

Great place #1 choice so far lots of ...

Great place #1 choice so far lots of activities, sun porch front porch close about; care takers upper level

Absolutely beautiful, but unaffordabl...

Absolutely beautiful, but unaffordable for some.

Loved this place too, only open 2 ear...

Loved this place too, only open 2 ears, spotless! $1,000 wait list pricey....

Includes 3 meals a day, laundry, hous...

Includes 3 meals a day, laundry, housekeeping, help with one shower a week, if you move to higher level of care