Burnt Tavern Convalescent Ctr - Brick, NJ

Failed to notify family of deceased

A friend's husband spent several years here, he had dementia, she lived in her own apartment. She was unable to visit often due to her own health challenges, but she would call him.

The only way she found out was she called him this week, and was given condolences. She was told she was not on the contact list, although she remained in contact with him, and this was known to the staff.

This is callous and disgraceful, I wonder how the funeral arrangements, if any, were handled. reprehensible treatment of a sensitive issue and a life.

I placed my loved one here after tour...

I placed my loved one here after touring and "shopping" for a facility. I spoke to people about it. I was not too unhappy with the rehab part of Burnt Tavern. The long term section is a different story. There is a smell. People with dementia/alzheimers wander the same area. They have access to other resident's rooms unless the resident chooses to put a net barrier across his door. I feel the dementia/alzheimers patients should be secured somewhere else. Food was an issue as far as the task pf filling out a menu for the week, getting what you actually asked for, and getting your food hot enough. At times, there was a 20 minute wait after the bell was pushed. This is Not acceptable to me. when someone needs to use the bathroom.

All About Money

I was displeased. They seem to have a nice place going on there but my problem with them was that it was really all about money. They wouldn't even give my cousin a chance there because his funds were too close to what they didn't want.