Horrible Place

We had to be in this community for a while when there were remolding done to her cottage. And this place was horrible. The people aren't well trained at all, and way understaffed so the residents suffer from that. Your not allowed to go outside unless a caregiver is with you and she felt stuck. They knew it was just a temporary stay for about 20 people and the Director was trying to poach them to come over to that community. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!

I would recommend this community

My uncle was at this community for a short time. The staff were accommodating, helpful and hands on. The food was good and healthy. The staff did what they could to encourage him to eat. The community is clean and they encouraged him to participate in some of the daily activities. They listened to us and they have an open door policy.

Comfort for dad!

From what I have seen, my father's experience at La Habra is going great! The facility is well maintained and the staff is very nice. The meals that my father receives are great. He has also enjoyed taking advantage of the regular outings that residents go on. I would recommend this facility to a friend!

Poor management

I miss the old manager there [Removed] the new one [Removed] is very difficult to get a hold of not to mention she place games not a very good manager trying to find the owner's name she won't even tell me that I believe my mom has early dementia she tried to get me to do things take her to the doctor many times for no reason I'm a medical professional and I know when she's playing [Removed] back to my mom and threatens to turn me in to the state for neglect if I don't take my mom wherever whenever she wants this is just wrong just wanted to let everybody know

Nice Community

My mother in law has adjusted well to this community and we are pleased with the residents.They are very kind and friendly. My only problem has been with the administration staff. I really had to stay on them about paper work and I didn't get a lot of straight forward answer's from them. The community is nice and very clean, it looks amazing. My mother in law has made some new friends and she likes the food. I would recommend this community, but make sure you stay on the administration about paper work.

Need More Caregivers

I've have my concerns about La Habra and mostly it is due to the fact I feel they are under staffed. My mother is in the memory care unit of the community and if they had more caregiver's my mother would be able to get more attention. The caregiver's they do have here are very nice and helpful but there is only some many of them to help. I would say to anybody about to move here is make sure you keep open communication between you and the staff so they understand your loved one needs. I just think this place needs more caregivers to help out.

Things have gone downhill

Well, at first everything was great, but it seems as if things have gone downhill. The staff and caregivers are no longer attentive like they were. The level of service and care have definitely gone down here. They are very short staffed here. I'm not sure what happened.

Three Stars

The location and the environment I would rate a four-stars. When I put my loved one in there, i spoke to the director and he was very gracious and provided good information, but I told him my aunt was a very shy and needed encouragement to get out of the room and do some light exercises and last time I visited she seemed so weak and she couldn't walk. She also had developed a terrible cough, so I took her out of there immediately. There was just a lack of care.

3 story facility with 100+ residents - residents segregated by floor depending upon care requirements - minimal caregivers on each floor - recent change of ownership so there may be other changes coming.

We were very disappointed.

The grooming was horrible, his hair was never combed, he was never shaved or his teeth brushed. There were urine stains on his blanket. We were very disappointed. The people were very nice, but there are just not enough people to provide good care.

Love La Habra Villa

Love La Habra Villa! The people; the facility, everything about this place is amazing. My dad is treated with respect and dignity. I want to live here if that's what I need to do.

I Toured La Habra Villa

Mel Short the admin at La Habra Villa was very helpful and we really like him alot. The Staff is very friendly, and very, very receptive. As far as the people there go and the place itself, the place is just as great as can be.

They have been doing a great job.

They have been doing a great job. They have been very attentive. She is really happy there. She likes the food, and she is picky, because she is a good cook. Her room is in a great location. We are really pleased with them.

extremely welcoming and very nice

They are extremely welcoming and very nice.

The only thing where I do wish they could improve is their administrative area, handling of the paperwork. I had to send in the same paper work multiple times which was a bit frustrating.

As far as the people there go and the place itself, the place is just as great as can be. Just a few small improvements needed on the administrative side of things.

Review of La Habra Villa - La Habra, CA

Not enough caregivers per resident

He likes it, and that is the most important thing.

It's kept really clean. The people are friendly. The food is good, he likes it, and they have been very accommodating, with fruit plates. If I call they will go check on him. He likes it, and that is the most important thing. We don't really need any care services right now, so we aren't paying for any services. There was a lady who wanted to go to the 99 cent store one morning, and there wasn't enough room on the bus, and they aren't willing to make two trips. It's really a nice place though.

Review of La Habra Villa Alzheimer's / Memory Care in La Habra, CA

This was a very nice place. I would feel comfortable leaving my husband here and I am going to do so in December.

Impressed with the place

We were impressed with the cleanliness, friendliness and price. Because my mom sews alot, they gave us a good deal on the price for 2 connecting rooms. I can't rate the care service or activities as she just moved in today. Donna really worked hard to get the rooms ready and to meet my mom's needs.

I love that place

I love that place, everyone there is very, very nice. They are by far the nicest, it's clean, and they are very genuine, and patient. The price is excellent, it's reasonable. We didn't like the initial view from her room, and they accommodated her and moved her to a room with a nicer view. The med techs are wonderful. The exterior is really nice, and you don't see too many depressed people. The big picture window does a lot for them, I think. She goes on and on about how good the food. They take them out, and they have lots of activities, Maria is excellent. I can't say enough, and I would stay with them for a long time. Vangie, Blanca and Cecilia, Marina, and a couple of more med techs I know are very, very nice. I would highly recommend them, Donna, and Melchor DeLeon are great, they call me for everything, they are on top of things. The employer makes the employees relaxed, which makes the whole environment relaxed. I really liked the pricing when I chose them, and also the kindness of the people, there was no pressure, they were very patient with me. Most of all is how they treat the residents, you don't have to ask the residents, they are happy you can tell by the smiles on the peoples faces.

We moved my mom-in-law into La Habra Villa's memory care facility a few months ago. What a difference! She is now always bathed, dressed and groomed so nicely. Due to the better hygiene she is not getting sick as often. We have found all the caregivers so gentle and caring. It was a hard decision to put her in a facility and we now wish we had done is sooner. I did quite a bit of research on facilities before we chose LHV and we are very happy with our choice.

Grandmother Likes It

They were just extremely helpful and very quick with their response. It was probably the best value for the budget that we had. They have two outings per week, the do singing groups, regular bible study, and nail polishing activities for the ladies. My grandmother likes it. She said the food is actually very good.

Church Groups Come In

I had an aunt there and some other relatives. It seems like a very nice place. My husband and I have been there several times to visit and it always seemed very nice. What I especially like is they had church groups come in and do performances and things. My aunt passed away but she had a good stay while she was there. I was looking for a respite stay for my mother but they don't do respite.

Dad loved the facility, esp...

Dad loved the facility, especially that it is not a shared room. He'll be moving in soon.

Visited on August 15...The ...

Visited on August 15...The location is convenient and the price is very affordable. The grounds felt more 'institutionalized' and the atmosphere less than stimulating. Very few residents at this time as the facility is just beginning to service the memory impaired populaton.

The buliding facility was a...

The buliding facility was adequate. However, when I went to room to room it felt like I was in a maze going up and down the hallways/ramps.

Stopped at the desk to ask for a broc...

Stopped at the desk to ask for a brochure and see if they would give us a tour. They told us that they did not have brochures available and were not willing to give my husband and I a tour. I have been to this facility as a home health nurse in the past and was not very impressed. I do not like that it also has a memory ward on campus.

Well situated between Los Angeles and Orange County, La Habra Villa (LHV) is a beautiful community which provides independent, assisted living, and memory care to seniors in the area.
Our team of professionally trained and courteous staff has been providing personal senior care at La Habra Villa for over 25 years with excellent reputation and history.
Shopping and medical needs, including St. Jude Hospital, are conveniently located within short distance from the facility.
LHV provides delicious dietitian approved meals and snacks at it's spacious dinning rooms. Daily social and group activities, as well as religious services are all on site conducted by LHV's professional staff.
We sincerely welcome you to tour our community at La Habra, and have lunch with us!