Brookdale Union Hills - Peoria, AZ

Brookdale Union Hills - Peoria, AZ has yet not published prices.

Clean Community!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things had went for her during my tour of this place. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked all of the great amenities they had available to all of the residents as well as the open floor plan. It was just not the right fit for her in the end decision.

Care and Comfort for mom

I am happy with the care that my mom is getting in this community. We find that it is clean and enjoying inside and out. The staff are nice and caring to her needs. We find that the menu is appealing and a nice variety of healthy meals are served. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Wonderful place!

The nurses and staff are wonderful. They really care and are really just wanting to get the residents stable. The food there is great, I eat lunch there every time I go. So far, we have no complaints and it has been a positive experience.

Comfort for my husband!

It has been a rough adjustment period, but they take good care of my husband. The workers there are very nice and understanding. During one of my visits, When I was getting ready to leave my husband wanted to go with me. When I asked one of the staff members to help me, she came and gently took him on her arm to distract him while I left. I am happy with the way they are taking care of him so far.

Outstanding Care

I am very happy with the care at this community The staff are very friendly and caring. This commuity is very clean. They have great activities that are enjoyed. The meals are very good and a nice variety. I have recommended others to this community for the value and care that is received.

The staff can not do enough for me!!!

The community is clean and sometimes there is a clean air smell. They have music entertainment that comes in. The food is great. All the rooms have single beds and there own bathrooms. They have alarms on the door

The staff do try and keep the residents active and moving!!

I am disappointed in this larger community as I do not feel they have enough staff for the amount of residents. My sister had to ask where some of her supplies were as they were not in her room. They do not offer a pull cord for assistance. We think there might be a bell to ring but at this time she is not aware of this as it was not explained to her when she moved in. They keep the community clean

A Place For Mom Was Great

A place for mom was great with all the help they provided us. Brookdale was a great place. My father in law was asked to leave, but they did try their best to care for him. I would recommend a place for mom to anybody. They was a wonderful agency to work with.

Very pleased with outcome of the move from CA to Peoria AZ

My mother-in-law and her dog are doing quite well at Brookdale Peoria Union Hills. Rooms are on the small side, but sufficient for her and pup.
She participates in some activities, but mainly enjoys reading in her room.
The building and grounds are really nice, open, and large yards and hallways.
Thank you!

going well

Brookdale Peoria Union Hills is going well. My mother is very happy that he is there. He is all settled in. As far as I know there are no complaints.

Effective

My mother can be hard to deal with. The staff deal with her really well.

improve their communication

At Brookdale Peoria Union Hills they could probably improve their communication. The nurses seem very busy and sometimes it is hard to get a hold of them. The Med techs are really great that are there. The staff have been great overall. I have been happy with everything here.

very clean property

Brookdale Peoria Union Hills is a very clean property. I am very happy with the way things are going at this facility so far. This is a new experience for me so I don't have to much do say but so far everything is going well.

I think overall it has been very good. They have definitely gone out of there way to take care of my mom and to setup with the doctor and everything. It is tough to say anything that they can improve on.

They did a good job for the time she was there.

They did a good job for the time she was there. We weren't there for very long, but I didn't have any concerns or complaints. They did a good job, and I would recommend them to others.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place, overall. The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff we met seemed friendly and professional.

Very Good

The Brookdale Peoria Union Hills is very good and "A Place For Mom" was fantastic. This community is very clean. There are no odors. The staff and residents are friendly. They are wonderful people. 5 stars.

good overall

Mom is in a memory care unit at Brookdale. Her memory is not good, and as such I wish that they would make a point to get her when it comes time for the activities. The activities themselves are good, but she does not always remember to go.

Other than that it has been a good experience for the most part.

So far we don't have any major concerns.

So far we don't have any major concerns. Everything I have heard and seen, seems to be pretty good.So far it's working out. We are very happy with it.

Really good

They’ve got a great secure area for people to enjoy. The food seems well balanced and nutritional. There is enough of parking. We’re only a couple of weeks into our experience, but so far it’s been really good for us.

Nice facility, well laid ou...

Nice facility, well laid out quarters for residents.

This was not a great experience for us.

This was not a great experience for us. We ended up on the memory care side of things. The memory care side wasn't great. They were willing to let her dog come but they just threw a water dish in there and let mold accumulate. I didn't think that was a great idea. She didn't seem very happy there.

They are a great place.

They are a great place.

Families beware

When we first moved my mother-in-law to Emeritus at Peoria, it was in June of 2012. At that time there was sufficient staff for the number of residents, however by the time we moved her in November of 2013 that was not the case. At times when I would visit or come to pick her up for an appointment, there would only be 2 staff members available on her wing to assist almost 20 women. It was evident to me when I arrived at 7:30 am to picker her up and those 2 staff members were trying to get all of these women ready to start the day, probably the most labor intensive time of the day. When we finally moved her, she was heavily drugged as the told us that she was combative and had been attacking another resident (she was 5'0" tall and 115 lbs). Her jewelry suddenly came up missing and when I moved her to a private group home the new staff and doctor advised the meds she was on were the dosage for a 250 lb man. She was in a zombie like state before they weaned her off of the meds, unfortunately she passed away only 3 weeks after we removed her from Emeritus. A warning to all families, these large corporate entities are always looking for ways to cut costs at your loved ones expense, that includes over medicating to make the employees jobs easier. We only regret that we did not move her out of Emeritus earlier than we did.

It Feels Like Home

After looking at several fine area memory care facilities, I selected Emeritus at Peoria that was on the list of "A Place for Mom" provided by Senior Living Advisor, Debbie Miller, for my mother who is 89 years young yet suffers from Alzheimer's Disease. I am extremely grateful to Debbie for setting up these tours. Emeritus at Peoria is first staffed with a wonderful, caring group of skilled professionals that provide for her. Second, this facility has an open, yet "homey" feel to it. There are lots of activities for the residents (including a fantastic hair salon) and excellent food. The apartment that was available for my mom looks out into a beautiful, well manicured courtyard complete with walking paths and pine trees. I highly recommend this facility and caring staff to others. Thank you especially to Emeritus at Peoria's Executive Director, Kimberly McCurdy who went out of her way to make the transition for my family and my mother so easy.

Emeritus at Peoria

Our first experience came when touring the facility. This was the first community we toured my husband and I knew this was the place for my mom. No matter what part of the tour we were on residents and employees greeted with a smile & hello. Residents are happy and the employees seem to be proud of where they work. Very homey atmosphere.
It is a small community, 56 small apts divided into 4 "neighborhoods", easy for residents to walk around inside and outside. Each neighborhood is designed so the caregivers, RA's, & med techs can see the residents rooms. Each neighborhood has a kitchen/dining area which makes the dining experience more personal and initmate. There are 2 choices for lunch and dinner. Family members can eat with their loved ones at no charge.
Activities are all inclusive, residents will be asked to partake to the point of going to their rooms and asking them to be involved. The grounds are like being in a backyard with plenty of room to walk around.
Employees seem to know each of the residents, their personalities, their conditions.
They know all residents by name and they are treated with respect.
When there are issues to be addressed they will work to resolve.
The monthly cost is the same every month, no hidden fees, no set up charges for medication/ dispense, etc.
My mom has been a resident as of 09/01/13 she is happy and so are we.!!!

Very helpful and nice

90% of the staff are excellent, some are just quiet. I do think its a little expensive, but I have ntohign to compare it with. We have been to others and some of them are cheaper and some are more expensive. I looked at them and my brother chose which one he wanted, I imagine he picked Emeritus because he was impressed with how clean it was, the grounds were nice, the people were very nice and he didn't really go see any others after this one. Weve felt very comfortable there, everybody weve talked to have been very nice, very helpful, they've always been nice to my mom but the only problem really is that the rooms are really tiny. But that is really it.

this is the only community ...

this is the only community which has contacted me, made additional efforts to ensure we knew about their community. Additional contact on feedback after touring w/any additional questions I might have. The facility was very comfortable, does not have the caged in feeling. Courtyards that feel like a backyard. They have the ability to conform to whatever needs a family may have: respite, senior day, trial living which I feel is an added plus. People we (my husband I) encountered their were friendly, residents and employees. In order to see if my mom will possibly accept the move I am able to start my mom with senior days w/her caregiver or I at no additional cost. This way she can get used to the residents, employees and hopefully enjoy the planned activities. needless to say my husband and I were very impressed, he says this the place for her without looking anywhere else.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.