Loved the architecture, floor layout, and homey atmosphere of this facility. [Name removed] was especially welcoming and helpful in guiding us through the tour and the selection process. Residents seemed active and involved with plenty of opportunities for interaction and socializing. We also liked the availability of medical personnel on premises as well as the skilled nursing option if necessary.

This is a tour that I would recommend for families wanting care for a loved one. The staff was nice and able to answer the questions we had. The menu is appealing and the environment seemed nice. We liked the list of activities. Families should tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Mom's new home

First, let me say that this was the place that we took our mom, to be closer to home. There was not a great deal of difference between the skilled nursing communities I looked at, but the attitude of the admissions director is what sold me on Brookdale Lisle. My mom was a social butterfly before her stroke, and Brookdale Lisle said that they would do all they could to get her out of the room and participating in the social activities they had to offer. And while making no over the top promises, they said that their physical therapy would do all they could to "set new plateaus" for her to strive for.

Satisfied with my tour.

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our tour and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the layout of the building and thought they had a lot of nice amenities available to all of the residents. Overall everything was fine it was just not the right place for dad in the end decision.

We took a tour with Laura of Brookdale [Removed]. We loved that there is a clinic and bank on site, a variety of activities, and the place is spotless. The residents were socializing, laughing, and having a great time.

Nickles & Dimes

I visited many similar facilities and narrowed the choices down to two such facilities. My mother chose this one based on location. My choice would have been the other. The food varies from ok to not so ok. The overall cleanliness is spotty. There are additional charges for virtually everything. For example, in every competitor's facility, there are exercise rooms, many are better equipped, this is the only one I found that charges a monthly fee for usage.

They gave me a very good tour!

When I toured Brookdale, I thought it was lovely. They were very, very nice people. The reason we did not choose this place was because they were expensive, it was priced out of our budget.

Great facility!

This facility was fantastic! It looked wonderful and the staff were great! I would not have an issue placing my parents here. In the end, we didn't choose this facility due to location, but we would still rank this facility very highly!

Brookdale Lisle is a great place

Great services, activities, and meals at a good price. My dad loves the look of the building, the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff, and the taste and variety of the food. He has internet service and cable tv with his favorite channels.

Large facility!

The Brookdale Lisle was wonderful, we toured the Assisted Living and I just felt that because it was so large and there were so many hallways leading off to the main area, it would be difficult for my loved ones to adjust. The place was very nice and the people were friendly, but it was not the right for them.

Good fit for parents.

It's been a very comfortable transition for my parents so far. The community has enough staff and we are comfortable with the care. They are still adjusting but getting involved in what the community has to offer. We chose this community because it was overall a good fit.

Not right for me!

The people here are very beautiful and helpful to me. They have a nice community and the residents seem to be happy. I just was looking for in home living more than assisted living.

Caring Friendly Community

It has been a pretty good experience for mother since her move to this community. She has recently made the move to the skilled nursing side of the community, and I'am comfortable with the care she is receiving. The assisted living portion of the community is very nice as well. They have a good, caring, friendly staff at this community. I heard very good things about this community from my friends. It is a very nice place.

Very nice facility. Friendly staff. One bedroom apt was very nice.

Comfort For Mom!!

I would definitely recommend this community to friends and family. The services have been good so far. My mother participates in activities to some extent. Settling into Brookdale Lisle was a success for my mother she made new friends and likes the meals that they offer. Her apartment has a nice view of the outside.

Very Respectful and Helpful

My father is doing very well at this community, and I'am very pleased with everything they have done for us. The community looks great, they do a very good job of keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they are very respectful and very helpful. There are many activities for him to choose from when he is ready. The food is good for the most part. Everybody here has been very friendly and kind. It is a very nice community and I would recommend it.

Extremely Attentive Staff

This community has an extremely attentive staff, they are caring for my father very well. Everything is working out very well. The community is very well-kept, everything is nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they have been great to work with. I'm very impressed with all the activities they offer. The food is very good, he loves the meals. It has been a nice experience and I would recommend it.

Better than most

I toured five different retirement communities before deciding on Brookdale for my mom. It has a lot of activities throughout the day, several social outings a week and van service daily to a variety of local stores. Her one bedroom apartment is more than enough space for her. Residents are friendly and there is always someone to talk with in the common areas. The staff are friendly and seem to genuinely care for the residents. Generally speaking my mom is quite content. Negatives from my perspective include housekeeping does a sub par job in her apartment; the food is mediocre at best; the building's heating/cooling system needs to be updated. Apartment's tend to run very warm.

The food is HORRIBLE

The food at Brookdale is HORRIBLE. When it was Devonshire, the food was good, but it has gone from bad to worse to horrible. My parents have been there for over a year and about 6 mos ago I stopped joining them for meals as it was not a pleasant experience, I recently went to lunch with them. My dad ordered the cottage cheese/fruit plate - he got served a handful of potato chips and a few slices of melons. The server did not appear to think anything wrong with the dish. My mom ordered the cod. The only side dishes available were buttered corn and a broccoli raisin salad that was inedible. Mashed potatoes had been taken off the menu and with an hour left in lunch service, they were out of french fries. I had the BLT. The toast was soggy and limp as if they had toasted it and spread the mayo hours before they served it. For the $8+ they charge for a visitor lunch, you would at least expect fresh toast. Mgmt has been aware of the issues - quality of food, menu choices, and untrained servers for a good 6 months. I have seen no improvements, other than they have added hot dogs and sloppy joe's to the DINNER menu. The rest of the services seem fine, staff very friendly, lots of activities and good resident care. Unfortunately for seniors, meals are one of their daily high points, and there are only low points at Brookdale.

Things are going well

Things are going well at Brookdale. The staff is amazing. They are very kind and patient with the residents. The building is always clean and well kept. There are plenty of activities to keep the residents engaged and happy.

pretty good

At Brookdale Lisle our experience has been pretty good so far. Mom and Dad have not been there too long but so far so good. The move in coordinator was not too friendly. Other than things are just fine.

It's very nice. The food could be better..

It's very nice. The food could be better. I think they could step it up on the food. My loved one has a lot there to do. We like the place. My main concern would be the food. The care is pretty good. The facility is very nice and clean. Everyone there is really friendly and caring. The staff has been helpful. We are really pleased with the Brookdale Lisle. It has been a pretty good experience. I would recommend.

I was very impressed..

People were super friendly. I was very impressed when I toured because the residents were visible. They were chatting and reading books. The other places I seen, the residents were not visible. They were in their rooms. I was impressed that the staff knew the residents by name. That is amazing because it's a large complex. We have been very happy so far. I would recommend this place. Keri Gotsch from "A Place For Mom" was great to work with. She told us about the Brookdale Lisle and was good about checking in with us. I really liked her approach. She was very genuine.

Good

They great hospitality.

Still Happy

My parents have now been at the Brookdale facility for just a little over three months. We continue to be impressed with the overall quality of the facility and staff. It is very clean and everyone is very friendly. Both of my parents are starting to get more involved in the many activities offered every day. If there is any area of dissapointment it would be the food. My wife and I have had the opportunity to eat in the dining room on several occassions. The staff is great and the dining room lovely, but the food is only average at best. I understand it is a difficult age group with unique dietary needs but could be better.

I enjoyed meeting with Tiffany Traczyk who put me at ease and seems to genuinely enjoy what she does. I loved the woodsy surroundings of the building even in the winter. The residents all seemed happily engaged in their individual pursuits whether it be library, a casual sandwich or the cheerful dining area or anticipated game of bingo. I was encouraged by the more inclusive nature of the monthly unit cost of a unit, the available activities and loved their pet policies.
The model 1 bedroom apartment was adequate for an individual though somewhat basic. My overall reaction was positive, however I felt I might be a bit premature in residing here as it was well suited to a good many active walker-assisted residents going about their activities. That is a good thing but perhaps I'm not there yet.

Seemed like a nice place, felt a bit like a hotel

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. This seemed like a good place, it was a nice looking facility and the staff were friendly. However, I don't feel like it would have been a good fit for my loved ones. It felt more like a hotel than a place someone might live, lots of long hallways, etc. I thought my loved ones would be more comfortable in a place with a homier feel.

Brookdale became the Standard of Comparison

I began researching Senior Communities in the area years before my Mom was ready. And I scheduled tours, got on-line info and did research. It's very important to have a good idea of the finances/savings/retirement benefits/ social security benefits in advance. With my Mom - every place was compared to Devonshire/Brookdale. It was where I could picture my Mom living - and that is not true of other residences I visited.
Everything about it - the location / people who work there/ the services etc is 100% focused on the residents. That being said, of course it is impossible to please 100% of all the residents, but it was absolutely the right choice when my Mom was ready. She is safe and comfortable in a beautiful apartment.

Everything seems to be going pretty well.

Everything seems to be going pretty well. It's clean and the staff is pretty friendly. They are pretty good about responding to any questions or concerns that might come up. Every so often you will get a piece of silverware that isn't totally clean, I think sometimes they don't take all the silverware off of the table to clean it. The food is good though, I don't get any complaints about that. Overall it's a pretty good place.

Brookdale Plaza is a very nice place....

Brookdale Plaza is a very nice place. Everyone there that I've encountered has been really nice. Staff is nice as well, including the medical staff. The nurses are very accommodating. The marketing sales staff is excellent. They made us feel like family from the very beginning. Although it's not very diverse, we felt very welcomed. They even know her by first name. Overall I'm pleased with Brookdale Plaza.

Very nice, Becky gave us a ...

Very nice, Becky gave us a tour and provided everything we asked for...very friendly place...this one will be one of our picks for mom to visit

Loved it. No availability, ...

Loved it. No availability, no specials in pricing.

We Love The Devonshire (now called Brookdale Plaza)

My mom really likes living there. She has made new friends, she likes the food, and she feels like she has a new home.

It costs more than some senior living places in the area, but you do get a lot for your money.

The staff is so friendly. They all know my mom's name and the names of all 300 people living there!

(I had trouble getting the star reviews to work above)

Brighter

So far so good. I’ve only been here a few weeks. The people are friendly, staff is friendly, no complaints there. I wish it were bigger. It’s a little harder to downsize. Everything is going good. I’m not crazy about the food, but I’m kind of fussy. This one was just brighter!

Very Pleased We Decided on The Devonshire of Lisle

My experience started with APFM helping me with referrals to appropriate communities, explaining & answering any questions I had during the search. Our experience at Devonshire was wonderful starting with Tiffany Traczyk, Sales Counselor who was extremely patient & sensitive to the major decision my family needed to make, never making them feel pressured yet confidently guiding them through every step of the process. Jan Hutchinson, Executive Director & her entire administrative team were all supportive & available to us during the transition. I would highly recommend The Devonshire of Lisle!

Facility has nice common ar...

Facility has nice common areas. Lots of garage space. Independent apartments have very little closet space.

My only issue is the home health agency they recommend.

The Devonshire has been pretty good. I would say the food is good. My only issue is the home health agency they recommend. I didn't realize at first but you can use a different home health agency. There is a lot of inconsistency with theirs. There is always a different caregiver, and they don't know what they are supposed to do. They say they can't do things because they need a doctors referral but nobody let me know I needed to get one. It has been frustrating with their home health team.

Couldn't ask for a better or more well-rounded community!

So far they've been great! The grounds are beautiful, and the staff are all very friendly. The sales director, who gave us our tour, still stays very involved and stays in touch with my loved one and I. They just have a ton of respect for the elderly here, and it shows. I'd rate them higher than 5 on friendliness if I could! They provide everything my loved one could ask for.

Had a lot to offer and the ...

Had a lot to offer and the price was doable, but they did not have the memory care that was needed. Was told that if my mother left the building at night they would ask her to leave.

liked the atmosphere, peopl...

liked the atmosphere, people seem professional, convenient location

Glad to have tried this one

I arranged for my father to move there when he decided he didn't want to live alone any longer. All of the staff are very friendly. We shared meals with my Dad in their dining room and the food was quite good. The residents seemed happy and were out and about at all of the times we visited.

Amazing but too expensive

I loved it! But it was too expensive :(

Mother is Not Happy

My mother does not like The Devonshire. There are a lot of things I'm not happy with. I've had different responses from different people as far as friendliness goes. It's reasonably inexpensive. It's hard to tell about the care services because my mother is very resistant to having people do things for her. They're very a la carte which iI think is good.

She doesn't want to participate in any of the activities but I think they have a lot. She may go to church services but I don't know. I was led to believe that even though my mother was mad about having to move to assisted living she would make friends and end up liking it and that didn't happen at all for me. Things have gone from bad to worse. I called and talked to them about my mother not being happy there and mad at me for it and I thought they were kind of insensitive about that. We might take her out and if we do she's not going to another assisted living. Overall it's not been a good experience.

My father-in-law is really happy there

My father-in-law is really happy there. He really likes it. He loves the food and the dining room. Most of his friends are older so they don't like to visit senior places becuse it scares them, but this feels like a restaurant so it's more palatable for them and encourages people to visit him.

I think they need more help in their wellness clinic, more clerical help. It seems a little overwhelming for the nurse that's there.

Best value we found.

Friendly, caring staff. For the money it's less expensive than some of the other places we checked out (Sunrise Fountain Square, Spring Meadows in Naperville to name a couple). Very nicely decorated in the main lobby area. Nice library. Pool was not that deep and we never saw anyone in it but it looked nice. Westbury Care Center is just down a connecting hallway so it's easy to go from one place to the other if necessary.

You get what you pay for

We chose this community after researching and searching for the best fit for our situation this just seemed like the best option. It is on the pricey side but you get what you pay for. One of the major factors for selecting the community is because it is located in a park land setting in a community rather then in a city setting surrounded by McDonalds. We are very pleased with our choice and would recommend The Devonshire to anyone.

One bedroom - $2,695. Has a pool. S...

One bedroom - $2,695. Has a pool. Skilled care wing attached. Really had a good feeling about this place

visited a couple of years ago with a ...

visited a couple of years ago with a friend. So I feel I know this place a little bit.

The best so far!

The best so far!

CCRC Brookdale. Lunch was lovely Edw...

CCRC Brookdale. Lunch was lovely Edwards & Good Sam Hospitals. Ice cream shop, pool, shuffle brd, active community. Recognizes Jewish holidays? Handful of Jewish residents. Best view overlooking grass & gazebo. Laundry can be added in kitchen. Shower would need to be installed.

Brookdale Plaza Lisle I provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.